Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Picture Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=77612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - tgraf - 2015-03-31

No, I don't have Aperture.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2015-03-31

Code:
20:48:15 T:1567520288  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Library source is Aperture

Indicates that it thinks it's Aperture. My library is reporting as iPhoto v9.4, whereas yours is reporting as Aperture 8.1.2. This happens when it doesn't find AlbumData.xml in the "iPhoto Library" folder, but instead finds "ApertureData.xml".

But this indicates that isn't the case:

Code:
20:50:37 T:1672291768    INFO: SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://USERNAME:[email protected]/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto%20Library/ApertureData.xml'
                                            unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'

Can you verify for me if there is an AlbumData.xml file in your "iPhoto Library" folder? Even better.. if you want to PM me a copy of that file (if it exists, otherwise, ApertureData.xml), I can sort this out much faster since I'd be able to test here. It doesn't contain any of your images.

There might be something unique about the Fire TV/Android version of Kodi now that I'm not aware of since I don't own any Android devices. Having a copy of your XML would help me rule out other issues before trying to go further.

Code:
20:48:15 T:1567520288  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Rewriting referenced masters path '/Volumes/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos'
20:48:15 T:1567520288  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: as 'smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos'

This equates to the masters_path and masters_real_path config options.

I hadn't actually used referenced libraries with my addon for some time, but I just made a library to test with and it's working fine here, so I know it's not simply inherently broken or anything.

For what it's worth, try making "masters_path" == "/Volumes/WD_Red_3TB/" and "masters_real_path" == "smb://192.168.1.134/WD_Red_3TB/" (all without the quotes of course). I don't think this will fix your issue, but those are the intended values here since they're supposed to be the base mount points.

Jingai, I have AlbumData.xml in the "iPhoto Library" folder (there is no sign of anApertureData.xml file there) . Here is a copy:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_pfie3w-_t_STl0LVhJMk84Z0U/view?usp=sharing

I will change to double equal signs and see if that changes anything.

Thanks again for your help.

No, sorry, I didn't mean to use double equal signs.

I just meant make the "Local root path to masters" option be:

/Volumes/WD_Red_3TB/

and make "Rewrite root path as"

smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/

Looking at your AlbumData.xml now.. will get back to you in a moment.

Ok so it's working here on a Mac... hrmph, it looks like xbmcvfs.exists doesn't work properly on Android (or at least on the Fire TV)... not sure what to do about that.....

just to verify, try replacing addon.py in addons/plugin.image.iphoto/ on your Fire TV with this one. Then restart Kodi and try importing your library again. Send me the log file as well after the import.

I appreciate your patience -- it's hard for me to debug things for devices I don't have access to Sad

I replaced addon.py in addons/plugin.image.iphoto with the new file, restarted Kodi and updated the library. Still no photos, and I no longer see icons along the bottom of the screen (I get a file list instead). I checked the add-on settings. Here they are:

managed library is unchecked
Path to iPhoto or Aperture Library smb://192.168.1.136/WD_red_3TB/graf/Photos
Local root path to Masters /Volumes/WD_Red_3TB/graf
Rewrite root path as smb://192.168.1.136/WD_red_3TB/graf/

I need to see the debug log though to see what it decided to do.

Also, shouldn't this:

Code:
Path to iPhoto or Aperture Library smb://192.168.1.136/WD_red_3TB/graf/Photos

be:

Code:
Path to iPhoto or Aperture Library smb://192.168.1.136/WD_red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto Library/

?

OK, I changed it to smb://192.168.1.136/WD_red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/

I now see a file list of low-res images. As I scroll down through the list I can see a low-res icon on the right. Is this correct?

Please send me your debug log after a library import so I can make sure everything worked properly.

But yes, you'll see low-res thumbnails while browsing the events/albums. Selecting an image should show you a fullscreen high-res image.

The debug log is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_pfie3w-_t_T04tSFlRRnRvclU/view?usp=sharing

Ok, it detects your iPhoto version correctly now, so it's reading the proper file.

You still have a problem with the way you're rewriting the path though:

Code:
08:11:57 T:1675840056  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Rewriting archive path '/Users/tgraf2/Pictures/iPhoto Library'
08:11:57 T:1675840056  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: as 'smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto Library'

Assuming the share mount is "smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/", do it exactly like this:

Code:
Path to iPhoto or Aperture Library smb://192.168.1.136/WD_red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto Library/
Managed library not selected
Local root path to Masters /Volumes/WD_Red_3TB/
Rewrite root path as smb://192.168.1.136/WD_red_3TB/

I am unable to do that, as I have a couple of basic issues.

(1) When I go to the settings screen and click on the path to iPhoto library it opens the actual library and doesn't allow me to edit the pathname.
(2) Can I edit the settings file directly? I thought it is located in userdata/addon_data/settings.xml but the contents there don't seem to match the pathnames in the settings screen.

I can ftp the file and edit it, but I need to locate the right one.

(2015-03-31, 19:20)tgraf Wrote: I am unable to do that, as I have a couple of basic issues.

(1) When I go to the settings screen and click on the path to iPhoto library it opens the actual library and doesn't allow me to edit the pathname.

That's what you want -- navigate into the iPhoto Library folder and then select OK.

For Local root path, just type it in exactly as I mentioned: /Volumes/WD_Red_3TB/

For Rewrite root path, click the ".." item to go all the way to the beginning (just click it until it no longer changes the list you see).
Then select "Windows network (SMB)". Then select the appropriate workgroup (assuming you have one). Then select your Mac where the photos actually reside (192.168.1.136). Then select (click on it, don't just highlight it) "WD_Red_3TB". Hit OK now.

All of this is assuming that the share point is "WD_Red_3TB". If you didn't share out the whole drive and only shared say the 'graf' folder, then adjust accordingly.

Quote:(2) Can I edit the settings file directly? I thought it is located in userdata/addon_data/settings.xml but the contents there don't seem to match the pathnames in the settings screen.

I can ftp the file and edit it, but I need to locate the right one.

I don't really know for Android. That sounds right, but I can't really suggest it since I don't know for sure. I know for a fact it will work if you do exactly as I outlined above, however.

I'm still trying to change the "Rewrite root path" to what you want, but I have been unable to. I'll keep trying and let you know.

...in what way are you having trouble?

Did you share the whole drive? If you didn't, can you tell me what you did share?