Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- DeniedByFleury - 2011-01-30

elitegamer360 Wrote:No need for apologising, we all do mistakes and get confused. :-)

You just want to drive a truck when you still can't drive a car "computer wise, do mot get me wrong" I'm sure in real life you can drive a TANK :-)

Anyways what I've been trying to say all along is follow my steps get your head around the methods and procedures, then you will get the skill gradually.

Do not rush :-)

Cheers,
EG.

I'm actually realy good with computers but its just that i am trynig to rush things haha

ok so i followed each step... and now the green button is back to opening WMC.. autohotkey is like i showed you and i restarted the computer...

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-30

DeniedByFleury Wrote:....

ok so i followed each step... and now the green button is back to opening WMC.. autohotkey is like i showed you and i restarted the computer...

Ok, no need for the autohotkey script that you modified it is obviously not going to work now. Just close it from the windows task bar and delete it from the startup folder in windows start menu.

Ok that's good, that means the green start button is sending "win-alt-enter" now. That's what it supposed to do for a fresh script to be able to start XBMC successfully.

Now, What windows operating system are you using? If it's 64bit download fresh 64bit script or if it's 32bit download a fresh 32bit version. Simply because 64 wont work in 32 and so on... Do not guess, if you do not know then right click on "my computer" and select properties. It should tell you what OS you are running.

Follow what's said on the site under the green start button section and you should be fine :-)

After all this if you still can't manage, I will have to book a ticket to Florida and pay you a special friendly visit, personally, to sort this out. I'll make sure to book a hotel in Miami so I can have some time to relax after all this is done NodRolleyesRoflCoolLaugh

Cheers,
EG.

- DeniedByFleury - 2011-01-30

elitegamer360 Wrote:Ok, no need for the autohotkey script that you modified it is obviously not going to work now. Just close it from the windows task bar and delete it from the startup folder in windows start menu.

Ok that's good, that means the green start button is sending "win-alt-enter" now. That's what it supposed to do for a fresh script to be able to start XBMC successfully.

Now, What windows operating system are you using? If it's 64bit download fresh 64bit script or if it's 32bit download a fresh 32bit version. Simply because 64 wont work in 32 and so on... Do not guess, if you do not know then right click on "my computer" and select properties. It should tell you what OS you are running.

Follow what's said on the site under the green start button section and you should be fine :-)

After all this if you still can't manage, I will have to book a ticket to Florida and pay you a special friendly visit, personally, to sort this out. I'll make sure to book a hotel in Miami so I can have some time to relax after all this is done NodRolleyesRoflCoolLaugh

Cheers,
EG.

Well sir, you will have no need for that plane ticket although Miami is quite nice this time of year!!! finally got it working with a fresh script....

thanks again for all the help and if i ever choose to mod anything else ill know what to do now (somewhat) but at least now ill be able to go over to my dads house and help show him how to do it too..

Thanks again

-Joe

DeniedByFleury Wrote:Well sir, you will have no need for that plane ticket although Miami is quite nice this time of year!!! finally got it working with a fresh script....

thanks again for all the help and if i ever choose to mod anything else ill know what to do now (somewhat) but at least now ill be able to go over to my dads house and help show him how to do it too..

Thanks again

-Joe

Well done mate, I'm glad you did :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- aruizm0 - 2011-01-30

Hi, this is my fist time in the forum. I´m from spain, and my english is very bad Blush sorry.
One cuestion, this solution runs with a conceptronic mce ??

THX

aruizm0 Wrote:Hi, this is my fist time in the forum. I´m from spain, and my english is very bad Blush sorry.
One cuestion, this solution runs with a conceptronic mce ??

THX

Sorry, No it will not work.

You might need to use helper software like Eventghost.

Cheers,
EG.

- aruizm0 - 2011-01-30

elitegamer360 Wrote:Sorry, No it will not work.

You might need to use helper software like Eventghost.

Cheers,
EG.
Ok, thaks for you rapid answer. I wil use intelliremote or eventghost.

Use green button to return to main menu - mag_sol76 - 2011-01-30

I recently installed following your directions and everything works a treat.
I have one question though; is it possible to make the green button work similar to WMC whilst in XBMC ie; clicking it returns me to the main menu?

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-31

mag_sol76 Wrote:I recently installed following your directions and everything works a treat.
I have one question though; is it possible to make the green button work similar to WMC whilst in XBMC ie; clicking it returns me to the main menu?

OK, I had so many requests about this but unfortunately I turned all of them down because I did not have the time to put my head around it.

BUT, rejoice because I made it work now and I call it "GSB Home Jump"! The setup is getting better and better and I'm working on it little by little everyday. And here I tell you that it is WORKING and I already finished it yesterday.

So when you press the Green start button it will start XBMC normaly, if you press a second time or for any number of times it will take you directly to HOME Screen.

I had to make sure though, if XBMC is minimized "in fullscreen or windowed mode" it will maximize it and not apply the Home screen jump to avoid losing the current window that you are in. If XBMC is active in a windowed screen then the "GSB Home Jump" will work, if XBMC is not active in a windowed mode then obviously it will maximize.

I was just running tests to eliminate any bugs. I had update the Autohotkey script and keyboard.xml to accommodate this feature. I just need till tomorrow... I'm just doing some more testing and need to add some other stuff to Keyboard.xml then I'll release both files tomorrow, I hope by 19GMT.

Config.v1.24 will not be updated, although I have reached Config.v1.5 but I fear people will not like my all round Modifier keys setup :-( .ie; it does not use single letters key strokes any more, but will release it in the right time I hope Laugh

Cheers,
EG.

- live4ever - 2011-01-31

Just applied your setup to a Win7 64-bit machine and works well mostly. At first the green button autohotkey was kinda hit-or-miss, it would start XBMC just fine but returning from a another app wouldn't always work, I run a fullscreen window on a second plasma monitor (it would flash XBMC in the Taskbar but switch to Firefox or the front running app). I have one of these:

Seems to be OK now after a little more testing.

Also during full-screen playback the "back" button sends a backspace keypress that maps to "FullScreen" xbmc command which takes you back to the menu overlay and there's no way (from the remote anyway to return to the playing video). So I changed keyboard.xml in the FullscreenVideo section to skip back 7 secs.

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <f>FastForward</f>
      <r>Rewind</r>
      <period>StepForward</period>
      <comma>StepBack</comma>
      <backspace>SmallStepBack</backspace>

live4ever Wrote:Just applied your setup to a Win7 64-bit machine and works well mostly. At first the green button autohotkey was kinda hit-or-miss, it would start XBMC just fine but returning from a another app wouldn't always work, I run a fullscreen window on a second plasma monitor (it would flash XBMC in the Taskbar but switch to Firefox or the front running app). I have one of these:

Seems to be OK now after a little more testing.

This happens because firefox active window has the name XBMC in one of it's active tabs, so you have any related XBMC site open. To stop this behaviour make sure no other app or browser tab is running as XBMC or titled XBMC, except of course XBMC main app. If you can think of a better way to do it, then tell me!

live4ever Wrote:Also during full-screen playback the "back" button sends a backspace keypress that maps to "FullScreen" xbmc command which takes you back to the menu overlay and there's no way (from the remote anyway to return to the playing video). So I changed keyboard.xml in the FullscreenVideo section to skip back 7 secs.

This is the default XBMC behaviour, the reason why you can't go back because you do not have the coloured teletext buttons (red, green, blue etc....)

You do not have to change what back does, just remap one of the buttons to send "tab", this will let you switch between videos and full screen :-) I currently have this set to the red button If I remember correctly.

Cheers,
EG.

Always use the skip back button - mag_sol76 - 2011-01-31

In most menus the skip back button takes you back one step. But sometimes you have to use the "clear" button (esc) to do this. I think it concerns dialog windows. This button isn´t very conveniantly placed when compared to the skip back.
Is there some way to use to always use the same button (skip back) to go back one step AND close dialog windows?

mag_sol76 Wrote:In most menus the skip back button takes you back one step. But sometimes you have to use the "clear" button (esc) to do this. I think it concerns dialog windows. This button isn´t very conveniantly placed when compared to the skip back.
Is there some way to use to always use the same button (skip back) to go back one step AND close dialog windows?

If you do not like what back button does, then just change it to "Escape" and set the "clear button" to something else of your choice in keyboard.xml.

Btw I'll release the updated files tonight for the green start button, not tomorrow :-P

Cheers,
EG.

- live4ever - 2011-01-31

elitegamer360 Wrote:This happens because firefox active window has the name XBMC in one of it's active tabs, so you have any related XBMC site open. To stop this behaviour make sure no other app or browser tab is running as XBMC or titled XBMC, except of course XBMC main app. If you can think of a better way to do it, then tell me!

Yep that's exactly what happened (had your thread open in Firefox) - I was looking through the Autohotkey docs and you might be able to use SetTitleMatchMode 3 to get an exact match on the XBMC window - or get the XBMC process ID with WinGet.

elitegamer360 Wrote:You do not have to change what back does, just remap one of the buttons to send "tab", this will let you switch between videos and full screen :-) I currently have this set to the red button If I remember correctly.
What I meant by this is that I'm used to the Back button doing a SmallStepBack (running OpenELEC boxes mostly) - so it through me off.

live4ever Wrote:Yep that's exactly what happened (had your thread open in Firefox) - I was looking through the Autohotkey docs and you might be able to use SetTitleMatchMode 3 to get an exact match on the XBMC window - or get the XBMC process ID with WinGet.

I already tested ages ago & NON worked!

Process ID keeps changing so cant use. SetTitleMatchMode 3 has the same effect as 2.

I'm having freaking troubles accessing my site thats why I haven released anything yet. What is going on with Sourceforge!! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHH.