Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- zpike1 - 2011-02-07

- tormi - 2011-02-07

Elitegamer!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

It finally worked. But for future reference I did NOT have a keyboard file in my Userdatafolder. That folder was empty. But putting the file there, DID fix the problem nevertheless Smile

I am unbelivably happy now Smile

- TheFonz - 2011-02-07

My XBMC is nearly at the point where I am happy with it (for now!).
However I'm just having some niggling issues with the Remote (RC6 from AsRock)

I want the power button to put the Media Center to sleep and the aspect ration button (which is the zoom button) to open the 'quit' menu.

For the power button I have tried this:
Using a VBS Script I found from the internet that actually puts the machine to sleep, mapped a keystroke with autokey. However once the VBS is mapped to a keystroke OR a shortcut of the VBS is made the VBS file no longer works. This is the script
Code:
Dim objShell
Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
objShell.ShutdownWindows
set objShell = nothing
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.SendKeys "{Enter}"
Set WshShell = Nothing

So the first part (shell.application) opens the shutdown dialog. The 2nd part (wscript.shell) sends a key press > ENTER which should automatically put the computer to sleep. That is of course if the sleep command is set as the default for the shutdown menu in the start menu. Have I lost you yetHuh
Once the VBS file is run without actually double clicking the ACTUAL VBS file it no longer sends the ENTER command and the shutdown dialog just sits there. I have tried any number of solutions from sending a keypress with a delay from autokey (I think I got this right) and it does nothing.
I cannot think of a solution. I think EventGhost MIGHT be able to do it, however I think it's too difficult to use Sad.

The 2nd issue is (and my media center may just need a reboot) that PowerDVD 10 Ultra does not accept any keypresses from the RC6 remote.

Any help, on either of these 2 issues, would be greatly appreciated.

I just found the list of Built-in functions: Is it possible to map a button on the RC6 to this function??

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-07

zpike1 Wrote:Trying to find the contextmenu on button 0f. But i cant get it to work. When i press my "i" button nothing happens.

Here is the info from Showkey:
KeyID 68 (0x44) - VK_D

<d mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, d, 3)</d>

The i/info/More "0f" button brings the Video information by sending "Ctrl-D". Sorry I just listed the wrong function for this specific button. Thank you for letting me know about it :-)

the Guide button "26" should bring the Context menu by sending "C", its also mislabeled.

I will fix the image on site now. Wink

Edit: you do have it, its the Guide button :-)

Cheers,
EG.

tormi Wrote:Elitegamer!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

It finally worked. But for future reference I did NOT have a keyboard file in my Userdatafolder. That folder was empty. But putting the file there, DID fix the problem nevertheless Smile

I am unbelivably happy now Smile

I am glad it worked for you now, but I'm really puzzled to why it did not work in the System folder! I do test in both "System and Userfolder" before commiting releases.

I will be interested to find out what happens in your system when you press the Videos and the Radio button.

It will be great if you can "temporarily" do this for me:
1- remove my keyboard.xml from the userdata folder and put it back in the System folder
2- Launch XBMC and enable Debug log
3- Press the Videos and Radio buttons
4- Close XBMC then please post back the debug log in here using Pastebin.com
5- You can return the keyboard.xml to Userdata folder now.
6- In your next XBMC run do not forget to Disable the debug log Big Grin

the log file should be here "C:\Users\Elite\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log"

Many thanks,
EG.

TheFonz Wrote:My XBMC is nearly at the point where I am happy with it (for now!).
However I'm just having some niggling issues with the Remote (RC6 from AsRock)

I want the power button to put the Media Center to sleep and the aspect ration button (which is the zoom button) to open the 'quit' menu.

The 2nd issue is (and my media center may just need a reboot) that PowerDVD 10 Ultra does not accept any keypresses from the RC6 remote.

Any help, on either of these 2 issues, would be greatly appreciated.

I just found the list of Built-in functions: Is it possible to map a button on the RC6 to this function??

No need for all this complication Big Grin

1- Power Button and sleep function
....A- Use registry settings to do it "works perfect" see page32 post317 for instructions, I covered it zillion times

....B- Yes you can do it from the Built in Functions

....C- You can do it from within XBMC Settings_> System_> Power Saving_. and from the Shutdown Function you can select "Suspend/Hibernate etc.."

2- Zoom button Open shutdown Menu:
A- Open MCERemoteMapper
B- Look down the list for the Zoom button
C- From the drop down menu select "S", it should be set as "Tab" currently
D- Apply to save, Exit and Restart.

3- PowerDVD 10 Ultra does not accept any keypresses from the RC6 remote
A- My setup is XBMC dedicated so it will definatly not work with anything else except WMC "some buttons will not work though"
B- I have created a specific WMC, PowerDVD and XBMC compatible configuration here. Its Still in "Expermental" status.
C- I supply them out of courtesy, you are welcome to try the files.
D- This is the Registry Configuration file Muti.app.Config.v0.1.reg
E- This Script Autohotkey script Blind_V_M_B-Script.ahk will make your volume buttons Work in XBMC.

Oh my! you've got so many questions in one post Laugh I hope this helps.

Cheers,
EG.

- TheFonz - 2011-02-07

elitegamer360 Wrote:Words of Wisdom!!!
Thank you so much for your quick reply and help!
I will be trying these as soon as I get home from work
Cheers!

- TheFonz - 2011-02-10

elitegamer360 Wrote:3- PowerDVD 10 Ultra does not accept any keypresses from the RC6 remote
A- My setup is XBMC dedicated so it will definatly not work with anything else except WMC "some buttons will not work though"
B- I have created a specific WMC, PowerDVD and XBMC compatible configuration here. Its Still in "Expermental" status.
C- I supply them out of courtesy, you are welcome to try the files.
D- This is the Registry Configuration file Muti.app.Config.v0.1.reg
E- This Script Autohotkey script Blind_V_M_B-Script.ahk will make your volume buttons Work in XBMC
I've tried using the Multi.App.Config reg file however the play, stop, pause, volume buttons still don't work in PowerDVD10. Is there anything you might need from me to change in the reg file so that those buttons work in PowerDVD10. Cheers!

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-10

TheFonz Wrote:I've tried using the Multi.App.Config reg file however the play, stop, pause, volume buttons still don't work in PowerDVD10. Is there anything you might need from me to change in the reg file so that those buttons work in PowerDVD10. Cheers!

I'm surprised that the setup does not work with PDVD10, as it did with the previous versions!

What I would need from you is to list all the keyboard shortcuts for all the buttons you mentioned that actually work in PDVD10.

Post them here, but I do not promise you a quick fix because I am not working on this at the moment, its still experimental and PDVD10 is not my priority, XBMC 10 is.

Cheers,
EG.

Tversity media server with XBMC? - poyntek - 2011-02-10

Has anyone used Tversity media server with XBMC? If so how did it work for you? I just gave some attention to Tversity on by blog as well as XBMC

Kevin

Kevin's World of Technology Adventures

- TheFonz - 2011-02-10

elitegamer360 Wrote:I'm surprised that the setup does not work with PDVD10, as it did with the previous versions!

What I would need from you is to list all the keyboard shortcuts for all the buttons you mentioned that actually work in PDVD10.

Post them here, but I do not promise you a quick fix because I am not working on this at the moment, its still experimental and PDVD10 is not my priority, XBMC 10 is.

Cheers,
EG.

EG:
This site has all the accurate keyboard shortcuts for PowerDVD10.
http://www.keyxl.com/aaab43b/275/PowerDVD-Ultra-keyboard-shortcuts.htm
Take your time, at the moment I can play & stop the movie in PowerDVD10 with the remote.

unticking BDJ keyboard support checkbox in configuration. Restart powerdvd. Works.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-10

TheFonz Wrote:EG:
This site has all the accurate keyboard shortcuts for PowerDVD10.
http://www.keyxl.com/aaab43b/275/PowerDVD-Ultra-keyboard-shortcuts.htm
Take your time, at the moment I can play & stop the movie in PowerDVD10 with the remote.

unticking BDJ keyboard support checkbox in configuration. Restart powerdvd. Works.

Please follow this thread, although nothing is new in it but I will be posting an update "when finished" there as it is the specific thread for PDVD, WMC setup. :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- steppedup - 2011-02-10

Just a quick thanks for this!!! My remote control stopped working, and I thought it had given up the ghost after trouble-shooting it for a while.

Finally, I gave in and applied your registry fix 1.4, and the keymap 1.8 - rebooted - and bam! The remote was working again!

so - thank you very much!

Now, I'm going to fully document my symptoms so that they'll be picked up by Google for the next person this happens to:

HP Media Center Infrared (IR) hub with MCE compatible remote control stopped working. HP Media Center remote simply flashes red on the receiver, but with nothing happening on the screen.

Windows 7, x64, XBMC Dharma
HP Media Center IR, OVU400102/71 HP P/N 5187-4593

SOLUTION: Apply registry from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179, download Keymap.xml, and reboot!!!!!!!!

- steppedup - 2011-02-11

I've googled this and wasn't able to find an answer.

Is there anyway to mimic the way that the keyboard's arrow keys work? As when they're pressed for longer periods of time, it scrolls faster and faster?

Cheers either way!

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-11

steppedup Wrote:I've googled this and wasn't able to find an answer.

Is there anyway to mimic the way that the keyboard's arrow keys work? As when they're pressed for longer periods of time, it scrolls faster and faster?

Cheers either way!

When I press the "Left, right, up and down" navigation buttons they act exactly like my keyboard directional buttons i.e. Starting slow then speeding up, this should be happening by default in windows unless windows own keyboard settings was changed. The speed and the rate of repeat can be controlled from within Windows Keyboard settings, but I guess you might have other problem here!

How does your remote navigation buttons act in XBMC? Do they scroll one step and stop then you have to press again for another step and so on? Or is it just a continuous slow scrolling with out stuttering or going faster like it should normally do?

Cheers,
EG.