Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- elitegamer360 - 2011-04-28

just updated the website and changed the Remote Setup page to have two sections.

Auto installer now live =D

Cheers,
EG.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-05-01

updated the site and autoinstaller v1.1.98.

Summary of important additions:
1- Added Default MCE remote restore option, so you do not have to worry about backups anymore.
2- Added uninstall option.

change log here.

I hope it will give new users a superfast setup experience, and more time enjoying XBMC instead of having to waste so much time going through long setup pages or do their own setup from scratch =D and I bet that current users will be happy as well if they ever wish to install the custom config in a new machine.

Cheers,
EG.

- mrdos - 2011-05-01

I have Windows 7 Pro 32bit and tried to use XBMCCustomregis Setup but got an error that it is not for my verion of windows.

- weemaaan - 2011-05-01

Installed this yesterday and it worked at treat, thanks

@ Mrdos: I have I dentified the problem and it seems to affect 32bit windows versions, I thought I fixed that with v1.1.98 :-( I am working hard to fix it right now Big Grin

@ weemaaan: great to hear Laugh

Cheers,
EG.

mrdos Wrote:I have Windows 7 Pro 32bit and tried to use XBMCCustomregis Setup but got an error that it is not for my verion of windows.

Fixed in v1.1.99

cheers,
EG.

- uncola - 2011-05-06

I just switched from Hipporemote to this and I can't believe how much better it is. Real physical buttons are so much better than using my ipod. Every key is mapped and working flawlessly for me. This thread should be stickied.

One thing though, it wasn't clear to me that I had to install autohotkey via the instructions on the autoinstall page.. might want to give more detailed step by step type instructions there. Also wasn't sure if I had to chose 32 or 64 bit when installing autohotkey.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-05-06

uncola Wrote:I just switched from Hipporemote to this and I can't believe how much better it is. Real physical buttons are so much better than using my ipod. Every key is mapped and working flawlessly for me. This thread should be stickied.

Its sticked In the first page on the the top thread of the windows sub forum " IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides"
Big Grin

Great to hear the setup made it easy for you :-)

uncola Wrote:One thing though, it wasn't clear to me that I had to install autohotkey via the instructions on the autoinstall page.. might want to give more detailed step by step type instructions there. Also wasn't sure if I had to chose 32 or 64 bit when installing autohotkey.

Will make it clearer Wink

Cheers,
EG.

- mrdos - 2011-05-09

elitegamer360 Wrote:Fixed in v1.1.99

cheers,
EG.

Thanks. I'll try it tonight and let you know how it goes.

- mrdos - 2011-05-10

It works great! Thanks a million! Smile

- elitegamer360 - 2011-05-10

mrdos Wrote:It works great! Thanks a million! Smile

Thanks for the confirmation Nod

Cheers,
EG.

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-11

Hey there elitegame360. This works perfectly for me! However I'm having some volume issues. I noticed that when I install this my remote stops controlling my master volume and only controls the volume in XBMC. Is there any way to remape the volume buttons to control both XBMC and the master volume in Windows? Or just control the master volume? I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-05-11

LupinSansei Wrote:Hey there elitegame360. This works perfectly for me! However I'm having some volume issues. I noticed that when I install this my remote stops controlling my master volume and only controls the volume in XBMC. Is there any way to remape the volume buttons to control both XBMC and the master volume in Windows? Or just control the master volume? I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense.

Yes my setup use XBMC volume control instead of Windows. But if you do not want that you can do as follows:

To make the volume buttons control the volume in Windows instead of XBMC:-

I- Hit Windows logo + R on your Keyboard to start the RUN command window.

II- copy this %AppData%\Xbmccustomregis\ and paste it in the Run window "Open field" and press OK.

III- You will find "Config.v1.25.reg" file, right click on it and select Edit.

IV- In note pad you will see:
Code:
10,00,00,00,04,00,43,\ ; [Vol up]            - Sends "F10"
  11,00,00,00,04,00,42,\ ; [Vol down]          - Sends "F9"
Now Change the above script to
Code:
10,00,00,00,01,E9,00,\ ; [Vol up]            - SENDS "VOL UP" WM_APPCOMMAND
  11,00,00,00,01,EA,00,\ ; [Vol down]          - SENDS "VOL DWN" WM_APPCOMMAND

V- Now save the file and exit note pad. Double click on it the "Config.v1.25.reg" file to apply the new settings and when prompted "Settings installed successfully etc etc etc.." click OK.

VI- Restart your PC and you should be able to control windows volume instead of XBMC :-)

You can not control both Volumes in XBMC or Windows at the same time. You can only control one at a time. If you ever want to revert to XBMC volume control, then just run XBMCCustomregis setup again. Well there is a soultion to Controlling both Voulmes but as I said not at the same time. I have written an Autohotkey script somewhere in this thread to do just that. If you want I can give it to you. Basicly when you start XBMC the volume buttons will control the volume in XBMC and when you Exit XBMC your voulme buttons will automatically revert to Controling the volume in Windows. But keep in mind if your XBMC window loses focus the remote will control the Volume in Windows and not XBMC.

Let me know if interested I can tell you where to put the script.

Cheers,
EG.

- LupinSansei - 2011-05-12

elitegamer360 Wrote:Yes my setup use XBMC volume control instead of Windows. But if you do not want that you can do as follows:

To make the volume buttons control the volume in Windows instead of XBMC:-

I- Hit Windows logo + R on your Keyboard to start the RUN command window.

II- copy this %AppData%\Xbmccustomregis\ and paste it in the Run window "Open field" and press OK.

III- You will find "Config.v1.25.reg" file, right click on it and select Edit.

IV- In note pad you will see:
Code:
10,00,00,00,04,00,43,\ ; [Vol up]            - Sends "F10"
  11,00,00,00,04,00,42,\ ; [Vol down]          - Sends "F9"
Now Change the above script to
Code:
10,00,00,00,01,E9,00,\ ; [Vol up]            - SENDS "VOL UP" WM_APPCOMMAND
  11,00,00,00,01,EA,00,\ ; [Vol down]          - SENDS "VOL DWN" WM_APPCOMMAND

V- Now save the file and exit note pad. Double click on it the "Config.v1.25.reg" file to apply the new settings and when prompted "Settings installed successfully etc etc etc.." click OK.

VI- Restart your PC and you should be able to control windows volume instead of XBMC :-)

You can not control both Volumes in XBMC or Windows at the same time. You can only control one at a time. If you ever want to revert to XBMC volume control, then just run XBMCCustomregis setup again. Well there is a soultion to Controlling both Voulmes but as I said not at the same time. I have written an Autohotkey script somewhere in this thread to do just that. If you want I can give it to you. Basicly when you start XBMC the volume buttons will control the volume in XBMC and when you Exit XBMC your voulme buttons will automatically revert to Controling the volume in Windows. But keep in mind if your XBMC window loses focus the remote will control the Volume in Windows and not XBMC.

Let me know if interested I can tell you where to put the script.

Cheers,
EG.
Wow thanks for the detailed reply! That worked perfectly! The AHK script I may pass on that since you said it'll loose focus sometimes.

Oh by the way I may have a solution for controlling the volume inside of XBMC at least for me. Since I rarely use my control up and down buttons. Could I map those to F10 and F9? I did try that in the reg file applied it rebooted but that didn't seem to work. I figured this would work great for me. Thanks again! Cool

- elitegamer360 - 2011-05-12

LupinSansei Wrote:Wow thanks for the detailed reply! That worked perfectly! The AHK script I may pass on that since you said it'll loose focus sometimes.

Oh by the way I may have a solution for controlling the volume inside of XBMC at least for me. Since I rarely use my control up and down buttons. Could I map those to F10 and F9? I did try that in the reg file applied it rebooted but that didn't seem to work. I figured this would work great for me. Thanks again! Cool

You are welcome Smile

Regarding the control UP and Down buttons, do you mean the Navigation "Up and Down" buttons correct? Not the Channel "Up and down" buttons!

If thats the case then yes you can map them to control the Volume in XBMC as well if you want. so you will have Volume "UP and Down" Control the volume in Windows and Navigation "Up and Down" Control the volume in XBMC.

Again Edit "Config.v1.25.reg" and look for:-
Code:
1e,00,00,00,04,00,52,\ ; [Up]
  1f,00,00,00,04,00,51,\ ; [Down]
and replace it with the script below
Code:
1e,00,00,00,04,00,43,\ ; [Up]            - Sends "F10"
  1f,00,00,00,04,00,42,\ ; [Down]          - Sends "F9"

Save, Exit, double click to apply and then Restart :-)

Cheers,
EG.