Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- athloni - 2010-09-18

Request:

Red button : toggles audio language
Green button : toggles subtitle language
Yellow button : Subtitles on/off

- elitegamer360 - 2010-09-18

athloni Wrote:Request:

Red button : toggles audio language
Green button : toggles subtitle language
Yellow button : Subtitles on/off

updated for you under User requests section in first post. And about Audio Languages do you mean "Audio Stream" as I do not know any keyboard key that would change the audio stream. If you or any one can advice about this will be great.

Cheers.

- athloni - 2010-09-18

Thanks ;-)

I mean: AudioNextLanguage (Change to the next audio track in a video with multiple audio tracks)

Maybe I have to add something in key mappings?

- elitegamer360 - 2010-09-18

athloni Wrote:Thanks ;-)

I mean: AudioNextLanguage (Change to the next audio track in a video with multiple audio tracks)

Maybe I have to add something in key mappings?

Oh! I see, will look into it now while I'm in my free time Smile

EDIT: There is no sign of "AudioNextLanguage" in the Keyboard.xml !!

- Talibanhunter - 2010-09-20

Looking forward to your plugin jhsrennie.

Meanwhile is it possible to configure my remote http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Remote_Control_Reviews#Mediagate_GP-IR02BK

Like this? Image
It would be nice to ditch eventghost and do it in the registry.

Hope for a little help here because I can't figure it out my self. Maybe I can use the create a test and work my way from there, but I'm not sure on how to eject the tray because the action is not bound to a key on the keyboard.

- jhsrennie - 2010-09-20

Talibanhunter Wrote:Looking forward to your plugin jhsrennie.

Meanwhile is it possible to configure my remote http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Remote_Control_Reviews#Mediagate_GP-IR02BK

Like this? Image
It would be nice to ditch eventghost and do it in the registry.

Hope for a little help here because I can't figure it out my self. Maybe I can use the create a test and work my way from there, but I'm not sure on how to eject the tray because the action is not bound to a key on the keyboard.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Remote_Control_Reviews. The GP-IR02BK is MS compatible so the registry mods will work. Grab mceremote.zip from xbmcmce.sourceforge.net, run the CreateTestConfig.reg file and reboot, then see what ShowKey reports when you press the eject button. Post the details here.

JR

- StefanM - 2010-09-20

jhsrennie Wrote:On my to do list is to write a Plugin that will do all the hard work for you ...

JR

Fantastic work JR, if you need help or any other kind of support please write or pm

- Talibanhunter - 2010-09-20

The eject button sends keyid: 65(0x41) - VK_A
mod: Ctrl
or this: <a mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, a, 3)</a>

- jhsrennie - 2010-09-20

Talibanhunter Wrote:The eject button sends keyid: 65(0x41) - VK_A
mod: Ctrl
or this: <a mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, a, 3)</a>

Oops, I now realise I either completely misread your post or mixed it up with someone else. Sorry, I wasted your time asking about the eject button.

To configure your remote run the MSRemote.reg file from mceremote.zip (and reboot) then run the CopyKeyboardDotXML.bat script to copy my customised keyboard.xml to your userdata folder. Incidentally the stuff in my customised keyboard.xml will be in the final release of Dharma though it isn't in beta 2.

But ...

You need to make one change to MSRemote.reg because it will configure your power button to send alt-F4, and if you want the power button to suspend your PC you need to change this.

Open MSRemote.reg with Notepad and find the line:

0c,00,00,00,04,04,3d,\ ; Power - was "03,82,00" sends alt-F4

and change it to:

0c,00,00,00,03,82,00,\ ; Power

then run your modified MSRemote.reg and reboot then run the CopyKeyboardDotXML.bat script.

Now you can tweak the function of the buttons by modifying your custom keyboard.xml. To edit the keyboard.xml press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

In the keyboard.xml are mappings for all the buttons on your remote, though many of tem are dummy mappings that just display a message. You need to change the action to be the one you want. For example there is a line:

<one mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, Red button, 3)</one>

that controls the mapping for the red button. To make it open the context menu change this line to:

<one mod="ctrl,alt">ContextMenu</one>

There is a Wiki article that lists all the actions, but the easy way is to look at the keyboard.xml in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps as this contains all the default mappings.

JR

- jhsrennie - 2010-09-20

StefanM Wrote:Fantastic work JR, if you need help or any other kind of support please write or pm

Thanks Stefan. Coding the plugin won't be difficult. I think the hardest bit will be working out exactly what it should do and how the user interface will work.

JR

- elitegamer360 - 2010-09-21

Thank you JR for helping out in this thread! much appreciated Smile

By the way I'm thinking of adding functionality to the following buttons which are not yet properly functional in revisions 1.1, 1.12 and 1.20 and they are (Red, Green, Yellow, Pictures, Radio, Videos and Music) but I am not sure what to make them do so any suggestions are welcome.

Some remotes may have additional buttons like zoom and eject etc.. I will be able to add functionality to zoom if requested but unfortunately I can't test it/them because my remote does not have these extra buttons. Smile

- elitegamer360 - 2010-09-22

Just wanted to update regarding my tutorial! it's 55% complete, just going through final checks and preparing one visual example to make it fully comprehensive.

- Talibanhunter - 2010-09-22

jhsrennie Wrote:Oops, I now realise I either completely misread your post or mixed it up with someone else. Sorry, I wasted your time asking about the eject button.

To configure your remote run the MSRemote.reg file from mceremote.zip (and reboot) then run the CopyKeyboardDotXML.bat script to copy my customised keyboard.xml to your userdata folder. Incidentally the stuff in my customised keyboard.xml will be in the final release of Dharma though it isn't in beta 2.

But ...

You need to make one change to MSRemote.reg because it will configure your power button to send alt-F4, and if you want the power button to suspend your PC you need to change this.

Open MSRemote.reg with Notepad and find the line:

0c,00,00,00,04,04,3d,\ ; Power - was "03,82,00" sends alt-F4

and change it to:

0c,00,00,00,03,82,00,\ ; Power

then run your modified MSRemote.reg and reboot then run the CopyKeyboardDotXML.bat script.

Now you can tweak the function of the buttons by modifying your custom keyboard.xml. To edit the keyboard.xml press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

In the keyboard.xml are mappings for all the buttons on your remote, though many of tem are dummy mappings that just display a message. You need to change the action to be the one you want. For example there is a line:

<one mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, Red button, 3)</one>

that controls the mapping for the red button. To make it open the context menu change this line to:

<one mod="ctrl,alt">ContextMenu</one>

There is a Wiki article that lists all the actions, but the easy way is to look at the keyboard.xml in C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps as this contains all the default mappings.

JR

Thanks, I'll look into it in the weekend. I'll post again if I run in to troubles.

- elitegamer360 - 2010-09-23

*bump*

Updated to support the new Dharma MCE commands.

If my first post is becoming too complicated please let me know & I'll simplify it. Wink Dont like complicated stuff my self Nod

- Talibanhunter - 2010-09-24

JR, What I've done so far: Ran MSRemote.reg, reboot then ran the CopyKeyboardDotXML.bat script. And placed your folder ind the xbmc addons folder. But when I try to run your plugin in xbmc it says it's for windows only however I'm running windows 7 64bit so I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

And I have tried to change the keyboard.xml. Tried the one you sugessted <one mod="ctrl,alt">ContextMenu</one> but the red key still dosen't bring up the contextmenu.