Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - mmatforum - 2013-07-14

(2013-07-10, 04:45)mmatforum Wrote: Everything is working great except that the Green Windows Button doesn't take me back to the Home screen. It will open XBMC and restore focus but it will NOT take me back to the Home screen.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Costi is having the same issue, but no one responded with any ideas or suggestions.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TRaSH - 2013-07-14

whit the home screen you mean the the the main screen of XBMC ?
i just use the back butten on my remote to get to my home screen when i'm in movies or music.

i use the MCE remote or keyboard in my logitech software,
and remapped a few buttons to my needs.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - mmatforum - 2013-07-14

Yes the main screen. I also use the back button now, but when you are several menus deep in the settings having to hit the back button repeatedly is not nearly as handy as using the green button. I used this process to set up my remote on an older computer that was running Eden and it worked fine and the Green button took me back to the home screen, the way it is supposed to. But when we replaced the computer and I installed Frodo and used the exact same process to set up the remote, now the green button won't take me back to the home screen.

Re: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TRaSH - 2013-07-15

It's there a key that does that ?
If so you can remap it.
Could be that that option is removed in Frodo or the skin you use.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - kiwi - 2013-07-15

hi all, unfortunately I can't find what I'm looking for because the word "tab" is too short Sad

Anyway what I'd like to achieve is having a specific key of my MCE remote, to be used like the TAB keyboard key. Can someone please tell me how to do it? I use the autokey program and an old (dunno which version) of the first page script Thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - mmatforum - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-15, 08:44)TRaSH Wrote: It's there a key that does that ?
If so you can remap it.
Could be that that option is removed in Frodo or the skin you use.

I don't know if there is a key that does it. The GSB script just sets it up. According to the first post of this thread it is Frodo compatible and I'm using the same skin as before.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-14, 22:48)mmatforum Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 04:45)mmatforum Wrote: Everything is working great except that the Green Windows Button doesn't take me back to the Home screen. It will open XBMC and restore focus but it will NOT take me back to the Home screen.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? Costi is having the same issue, but no one responded with any ideas or suggestions.

XBMC.ActivateWindow(home) is the command and it should be defined in keyboard.xml. You will also need to edit the autohotkey script.

(2013-07-15, 21:20)kiwi Wrote: hi all, unfortunately I can't find what I'm looking for because the word "tab" is too short Sad

Anyway what I'd like to achieve is having a specific key of my MCE remote, to be used like the TAB keyboard key. Can someone please tell me how to do it? I use the autokey program and an old (dunno which version) of the first page script Thanks

Use the MCE Mapper Tool in my signature and set whatever button you want to emulate TAB.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - kiwi - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 13:07)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-07-14, 22:48)mmatforum Wrote:

XBMC.ActivateWindow(home) is the command and it should be defined in keyboard.xml. You will also need to edit the autohotkey script.

(2013-07-15, 21:20)kiwi Wrote: hi all, unfortunately I can't find what I'm looking for because the word "tab" is too short Sad

Use the MCE Mapper Tool in my signature and set whatever button you want to emulate TAB.

Thanks but what I dont' understand is: when I 've found what button is TAB, how do I assign it to my remote?

Thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - mmatforum - 2013-07-17

(2013-07-17, 13:07)baijuxavior Wrote: XBMC.ActivateWindow(home) is the command and it should be defined in keyboard.xml. You will also need to edit the autohotkey script.

Like I said, I used the autoinstaller, the XBMC.ActivateWindow(home) is already in my keyboard.xml (I checked) and there is already a GSB autohotkey script in the start up folder. Is there something wrong with the autohotkey script? Does something need to be changed in it?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - NBAJ2K - 2013-07-21

I finally setup my HTPC, and loaded this right away. Everything works great!

The only problem is if I accidently press the 'Green Button' again when XBMC is open, the screen gets all wacky. I need to hit the button 2 more times to get it back to normal. Is there a setting or something to set so this doesn't happen.

I leave my HTPC on all the time, and if I switch from the cable input to the HTPC with my Harmony remote, it attempts to restart XBMC and this happens every time. I'm using Windows 7 with XBMC Frodo.

If anyone could help me out with this I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

~J

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - vanillafreak12 - 2013-07-23

hello I have used this custom reg and was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with windows 8 and using the remote to open xbmc because mine simply wont work I have tried using the standard mce remote and my harmony and still nothing happens any help will be brill..

thanks

chris

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Astrapowerrr - 2013-08-13

Hi is this also possible to let work without pressing green button it start out of windows?
Because I want mediaportal to start with my green button. And I open Xbmc from within mediaportal.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - xbmcuser123 - 2013-08-16

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I am trying to use Stereoscopic Player (http://www.3dtv.at/products/player/Index_en.aspx) as an external player to play 3D MVC MKV files (extracted from 3D ISO with MakeMKV).
The player is supposed to be compatible with MCE remote and when I try with my MCE remote and no xbmccustomregis script activated, it works indeed.
However when used with xbmccustomregis script running, the MCE remote is not working.
After some investigation, it seems that the Play, pause, stop, etc etc commands for Stereoscopic Player are not recognized when xbmccustomregis autohotkey script is running, and when it is running on top of XBMC mapping should be changed (but just for this app), I mean some keys should be redirected to other keys (play, pause, stop, etc ...).
As a reference, Stereoscopic player uses the following shortcuts keys :
Play : Ctrl+P
Pause : Ctrl+B
Stop : Ctrl+S
Jump Forward Single Frame : PageNext
Jump Forward Small Step : Ctrl+PageNext
Jump Forward Medium Step : Alt+PageNext
Jump Forward Large Step : Ctrl+Alt+PageNext
Jump Backward Single Frame : PagePrev
Jump Backward Small Step : Ctrl+PagePrev
Jump Backward Medium Step : Alt+PagePrev
Jump Backward Large Step : Ctrl+Alt+PagePrev

They are different in XBMC when using xbmccustomregis script.

Any clue how to proceed ?

Thanks for your help.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TheFonz - 2013-08-25

Green Start Button not bringing XBMC back to Home Screen??
Have a read of this post by juston. We (I had a small part in the debugging :p) found the issue where the GSB would not bring XBMC back to the home screen from other screens, but would launch XBMC fine.
Simple change is in the first couple of lines in the below quote. This should solve the issues. Not sure why it works for some but not others. Replace the red line with the green line and:

This is the AutoHotKey Script (GSB_Script_AllinOne v2.38.ahk)

(2012-11-23, 01:36)juston Wrote: Yes I believe this is the case. I changed line 51. of version 2.38 script from:
send, ^!{VK74} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)
to
send ^!{Enter} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)

Reloaded the script. Pressed my GSB and XBMC started (windowed), Pressed it again and XBMC went full screen, logged into a profile, clicked on TV Shows, started a show, pressed the GSB and was taken back to the home screen, and everything worked fine.

You could probably change it to:
send ^!{f5} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)

Because CTRL-ALT-F5 is mapped to XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home) in the Keyboard.xml file already - look for <f5 mod="ctrl,alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</f5> <!--Added to support (GSB Home Jump) feature-->.

I have mapped <return mod="ctrl,alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</return> <!--Added to support (GSB Home Jump) feature-->. in my keyboard.xml file because the GSB sends the CTRL-ALT-ENTER key sequence.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Jackie78 - 2013-08-29

Hi,

can anybody tell me which tag I have to enter in keyboard.xml to make the hash key (#) work vor a VCR-1100?

I already tried:

<hash>Notification(Key, hash, 3)</hash>

but this doesn't work at all. Any idea?

Thx