Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Ices - 2015-02-17

Fixed my problem

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Ices - 2015-02-19

I used the Custom Registry settings and now I have a problem. The Kodi Helix program only launches in back of the desktop. I can see my task bar when it launches and I have to click on the screen with my mouse to get it to come to the front. This makes my remote useless, please help.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - cruiserlad - 2015-02-28

1. Windows 7 64 bit
2. Hauppauge 2250
3. Hauppauge RC6 remote
4. Kodi 14.1
5. No devices listed in eHome

I hate the WinTV. I want to use only the IR receiver with the Hauppauge tuner. I works pretty well. I can not get the Irremote.ini to work for me. Never the less the the registry configuration looks like it is the ultimate as far as controlling my HTPC. So all that being said, can I: 1) use the Hauppauge receiver with the Windows software 2) what do I need to do to make it so? Thanks. Oh, yeah! I'm a noob if you couldn't tell.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - jp2code - 2015-03-06

This is a really big thread, and I've been through several pages without figuring out how to fix this issue for me.

Using this website, I was able to capture the key codes for VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN:

http://unixpapa.com/js/testkey.html

My MCE Remote sends keyCode=175 for VOLUME UP and keyCode=174 for VOLUME DOWN.

Now, how do I apply these? 175 and 174 do not do anything.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - abxnightpilot - 2015-03-08

I have been controlling XBMC with a remote whithout any problems. I have one problem with KODI however. After I boot into Windows 7 and press the START button, KODI does not start unless I run another program or process first. If I do something as simple as right clicking my mouse or run Chrome and then press the START button KODI starts. It is as if something is not in focus. Any ideas? Thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - jp2code - 2015-03-12

So, it looks like everyone posts their problems here, but there are no solutions.

Does that about sum it up?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2015-03-12

(2015-03-06, 05:05)jp2code Wrote: This is a really big thread, and I've been through several pages without figuring out how to fix this issue for me.

Using this website, I was able to capture the key codes for VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN:

http://unixpapa.com/js/testkey.html

My MCE Remote sends keyCode=175 for VOLUME UP and keyCode=174 for VOLUME DOWN.

Now, how do I apply these? 175 and 174 do not do anything.

Are you sure that the remote is RC6 compliant mce remote? You should see microsoft ehome transceiver device listed in device manager if the remote is true mce.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - jp2code - 2015-03-12

(2015-03-12, 15:40)baijuxavior Wrote: Are you sure that the remote is RC6 compliant mce remote? You should see microsoft ehome transceiver device listed in device manager if the remote is true mce.

You, sir, are correct. I searched, but found the wrong remote thread.

My apologies.

Is there a good thread on non-MCE remotes?

I found the [thread=168767]KeyMap Editor thread[/thread], but there aren't many members helping in there either.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2015-03-12

Try eventghost with the mce plugin. Follow this guide.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - mamikel - 2015-03-18

Hi

this is great. Just one question so far. Is it possible to still have the guide button still behave the same i.e. open MCE guide?

thanks

Matt

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Joedrt73 - 2015-03-25

(2015-02-28, 04:00)cruiserlad Wrote: 1. Windows 7 64 bit
2. Hauppauge 2250
3. Hauppauge RC6 remote
4. Kodi 14.1
5. No devices listed in eHome

I hate the WinTV. I want to use only the IR receiver with the Hauppauge tuner. I works pretty well. I can not get the Irremote.ini to work for me. Never the less the the registry configuration looks like it is the ultimate as far as controlling my HTPC. So all that being said, can I: 1) use the Hauppauge receiver with the Windows software 2) what do I need to do to make it so? Thanks. Oh, yeah! I'm a noob if you couldn't tell.

I have this exact setup and definitely don't have all the buttons configured that are on the remote.

I want the view live tv button, guide, recordings buttons to work... how to enable them?

Is it possible to edit the supplied ir remote software that Hauppauge sent with the tuner card? (WinTV software)....

please help US....

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - ping182nz - 2015-03-26

(2015-02-19, 19:57)Ices Wrote: I used the Custom Registry settings and now I have a problem. The Kodi Helix program only launches in back of the desktop. I can see my task bar when it launches and I have to click on the screen with my mouse to get it to come to the front. This makes my remote useless, please help.

Hi , did Ices ever find a solution to this problem or did anyone?

I notice that the issue is resolved if I push Ctrl + F12 before pushing my green media centre button to launch Kodi, this enables Smart Focus, but how do I enable this by default? i.e. How do I stop the need to push Ctrl + F12?

Anyone have any ideas?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Joedrt73 - 2015-03-26

does anyone know how to get the live tv, guide, recordings, buttons working on the rc6 remote with this program?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - ipguy - 2015-06-08

Am I correct in say this will:

Make the green windows button start Kodi?
Make the guide button open the guide?
Make volume up/down work?
Make the recorded TV button take you to recorded TV?
Make the "I" button bring up the info option?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - LupinSansei - 2015-07-07

I'm running Kodi in portable mode and had to change the two lines from
"C:\Program Files\Kodi\Kodi.exe" to "R:\Kodi\Kodi.exe -p" which starts Kodi perfectly but the green button does nothing in Kodi.

Though if I use the ahk script on a normal program files installation it works just fine. Any ideas? Here is the edited script.

Edited AHK script

The #NoTrayIcon is so I can hide the icon in the tray.