Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized) (/showthread.php?tid=78431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- lestat1977uk - 2010-10-22

Hi again guys

so it plays now but huge distortion, anyone else had this issue?

rcvudp.py error? - swalter - 2010-10-26

First off, thanks for putting this together. Up to now I have been using VLC by itself to stream my soundcard output from XBMC around the house, which works but is clunky.

I tried installing this plugin on Win 7 and got the same error that Stefan1983 shows on page 7 of this discussion. The MAV service starts on my Master, but then throws an error from rcvUDP.py.

I assume that due to this error, I can't do loopback streaming on my master. Since all Stefan1983 wanted was an uninstallation, no one seems to have tried to tackle the error yet.

I have followed the PDF, and gone through the process 2 or 3 times now, but continue to get the rcvUDP.py error on startup.

I am running VLC 1.1.4, have done set the execution policy in Powershell on both the 32- and 64-bit versions, Generated the files, seen that VLC launches two instances, enabled http control on port 8080, tried all 4 combinations of sharing and control via UPnP, restarted XBMC, and XBMC continues to work the old way if I play movies using DVDPlayer instead of MR Video Stream.

I am not where I can post the relevant error messages from the debug log, but can do so in a day or so if people haven't seen this error.

Thanks for any perspective. Looking forward to getting this working!

- teshephe - 2010-10-27

When you get a chance please provide the relevent debug log when you get the recvudp.py error and we can figure the issue out.Big Grin

Regards,

- teshephe - 2010-10-27

lestat1977uk Wrote:Hi again guys

so it plays now but huge distortion, anyone else had this issue?

Haven't seen that before. Check that you only have 1 "one" global master setup on your network for streaming.

- TPNielsen - 2010-10-28

Hey everybody

I'm very new to this, so my question maybe stupid:

Can this work on XBMC Live?

If YES, then how? I can't seem to get medibuntu installed and there is no MAV Streaming Sink option in Audio Output?!

Hope you can help?

Cheers...

rcvUDP.py error on XBMC startup with Multiroom plugin installed - swalter - 2010-11-01

teshephe Wrote:When you get a chance please provide the relevent debug log when you get the recvudp.py error and we can figure the issue out.Big Grin

Regards,

Thanks, teshephe. Here is the relevant portion of the log:

22:52:52 T:2320 M:2870931456 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\<pc user name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\rcvUDP.py", line 313, in ?
s.bind(('0.0.0.0', 8278)) ## You also specify a specific intf, like '255.255.255.255' for Bcast or '127.0.0.1' for localhost...
File "<string>", line 1, in bind
error: (10048, 'Address already in use')
22:52:52 T:2320 M:2870935552 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

The "address already in use" error does make it seem like I have a second master somewhere, but XBMC is only running (at the moment) on one PC in the house.

Also, when the plugin is installed (even when disabled), the audio on the PC has an echo. Not sure if this helps diagnose or not. I have terminated every process that appears to have anything to do with audio, restarted XBMC, and still the echo persists.

- TPNielsen - 2010-11-01

Is there any new info about the Xbmc Live support? Smile

- ederson - 2010-11-02

From where can i get the zip ? For the moment i don`t have internet at home so i can`t install this from the repository

Additional info - swalter - 2010-11-03

swalter Wrote:Thanks, teshephe. Here is the relevant portion of the log:

22:52:52 T:2320 M:2870931456 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\<pc user name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.multiroomaudio\resources\lib\rcvUDP.py", line 313, in ?
s.bind(('0.0.0.0', 8278)) ## You also specify a specific intf, like '255.255.255.255' for Bcast or '127.0.0.1' for localhost...
File "<string>", line 1, in bind
error: (10048, 'Address already in use')
22:52:52 T:2320 M:2870935552 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

In the event it helps, I was playing around a bit this evening and found that if I hardcode 127.0.0.1 as the address in the s.bind((...)) line in rcvudp.py, then I no longer get the rcvudp.py error. However, I still cannot see movies that play using the default streaming player. Any ideas?

- arganaz - 2010-11-03

have you checked that your firewall has the 8278 port open? as far as I can tell the 0.0.0.0 address that you replaced should mean that all ip can receive your broadcast. by replacing it with 127.0.0.1, you might have restrited to local playback only, or at least i think so.
hope it helps a bit

Still getting rcvUPD.py error - swalter - 2010-11-04

arganaz Wrote:have you checked that your firewall has the 8278 port open? as far as I can tell the 0.0.0.0 address that you replaced should mean that all ip can receive your broadcast. by replacing it with 127.0.0.1, you might have restrited to local playback only, or at least i think so.
hope it helps a bit

Thanks for these suggestions. Unfortunately, I still get the rcvUDP.py error when the firewall is completely off.

I notice that the built-in EventServer is using 0.0.0.0:9777. This doesn't seem like it should be a conflict and I assume most people have this turned on, though I mention it just in case.

- TPNielsen - 2010-11-04

TPNielsen Wrote:Is there any new info about the Xbmc Live support? Smile

Anyone? Huh

- swalter - 2010-11-06

swalter Wrote:Thanks for these suggestions. Unfortunately, I still get the rcvUDP.py error when the firewall is completely off.

I notice that the built-in EventServer is using 0.0.0.0:9777. This doesn't seem like it should be a conflict and I assume most people have this turned on, though I mention it just in case.

So, legitimate thanks to everyone for not getting very involved in trying to troubleshoot this one -- I'd feel pretty guilty if there had been a groundswell. Turns out, one of the EventGhost plugins I'm using also uses port 8278 for XBMC. I am not sure yet how I'll get MAV and EG to play nice together, but the rcvudp.py error goes away when I shut off the EG plugin.

Has anyone else had to address this? If not, I'll update the forum if I find a solution.

- TPNielsen - 2010-11-11

teshephe Wrote:Currently XBMC Live is not supported but will be soon as I am currently doing testing.

I will keep everyone posted.

Hey is there any news yet? Very excited about the outcome!

would love to get this working what am I missing - xidahs - 2010-11-14

Hi guys I am having no sucess at all with this addon Ive tried 3 diffenrt computers and everytime when Ive gone throught the confiiguration whenever I go to launch the multiroom audio plugin from programs it returns
Error Script Failed! : plugin.program.multiroomaudio
running version 1.1.3 and xbmc pre-10.5 on ubuntu 10.04
any advice as to where I am going wrong would be greatly appreciated.