Kodi Community Forum
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop (/showthread.php?tid=78722)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- Geeba - 2010-12-02

madvj Wrote:I cant get my wireless N to work in windows 7 Ultimate-Is there something im doing wrong. it only connects as G not N.

Does Win7 pick it up as an 'N' device?

If so could be interference try a different channel?

- Bairum - 2010-12-02

madvj Wrote:I cant get my wireless N to work in windows 7 Ultimate-Is there something im doing wrong. it only connects as G not N.

Mine connected fine the first time without issues. Can you connect to your router with N with another computer?

- madvj - 2010-12-02

it doesnt pick it up as N. I tried installing the latest drivers also.

- madvj - 2010-12-02

I have a laptop in the same room that connects as N with no problem.

- Bairum - 2010-12-02

madvj Wrote:I have a laptop in the same room that connects as N with no problem.

Where are you looking in Windows to see if that its just wireless N? I assume you are determining this by looking at the speed in the 'Status' window of your current wireless connection?

The wireless card only supports up to 150mbps

- madvj - 2010-12-02

Device Manager-Network Adapter-Advanced and in only see b/g in there.

- Bairum - 2010-12-02

madvj Wrote:Device Manager-Network Adapter-Advanced and in only see b/g in there.

Set the 'Wireless Mode Selection' to Auto. It will pick up N, however as mentioned in my previous post, the wireless device in the jetway only supports up to 150mbps (as opposed to 300). Once you set it to auto, check the actual connection speed you are getting via the status window. If it is more than 54Mbps, then you are connected via N since G only supports up to 54mpbs.

Edit: Just for clarification, the 'Wireless Mode selection' on my jetway only has two options: Auto and 802.11b/g.

- madvj - 2010-12-02

I have it set to auto but still no go.

- Bairum - 2010-12-02

dkxbmc Wrote:Hello, I am a complete n00b when it comes to xbmc and remote mapping. I just got the Jetway minitop, and I've been pretty happy with it so far. I do have a question, though.

Any of you guys have been able to map any keyboard or remote to a harmony remote where the built-in IR receiver will accept? So far, the only thing that works is to teach the harmony from the Jetway remote. I called Jetway's tech support, and they told me they are using a generic IR receiver, From what device manager shows in win7, it's from a company called irfmedia. The remote that came with it is pretty darn limited, I would love to be able to map the MCE keyboard commands to my remote and have the darn receiver accept them.

I don't see any IR related device in device manager. Did you manually install it? Can you post a screenshot?

- speed32219 - 2010-12-05

Bairum Wrote:I don't see any IR related device in device manager. Did you manually install it? Can you post a screenshot?

Open a terminal, try lsusb and or lspci.

- speed32219 - 2010-12-05

Bairum Wrote:Can anyone confirm if the Jetway's IR receiver will work with a Harmony remote if the Harmony remote has the MCE keyboard commands mapped?

No, but you will need to install lirc, try setting it up as a Windows MCE remote. It is generic, I like those answers from Tech support, generic what would be my response. I started to look at it and set it up as mentioned above (Windows MCE remote) and used command sudo showkey -s to find out the values of the key depresses. But after working with so mnay different keymaps in the past, I decided to just add a MS compatible dongle and be done with it. The remote that came with it works OK as a semi keyboard. If they would have put hard keys there (arrows) for regular navigation and put a little thumbstick for mouse navigation it could be a great little remote.

- josh4trunks - 2010-12-05

Hey I've been experimenting with this jetway nettop and have got my system pritty completed. Most of this is not my work, thanks to Speed3229 for helping me get sound working (using his method didn't work perfectly for me but I'm sure my method works if followed exactly).

What I got working
+HDMI sound
+wifi
+suspend / wol

Whats not working
*IR remote (about 1/3 of the buttons work as of now)

What you'll need (I recommend 64bit, I also added some other stuff that will increase performance)

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/260.19.12/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-260.19.12.run&lang=us&type=Other

Burn iso to usb, install onto nettop, add ssh
In bios disable ERP, then enable wol

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tldm217/tahutek.net
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install apt-fast
sudo apt-fast install xbmc xinit x11-xserver-utils nvidia-current sysv-rc-conf upower preload alsa-utils

sudo sysv-rc-conf #delete startup services you don't need
wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/59511828/cgroup_patch
chmod +x cgroup_patch
sudo nvidia-xconfig -s --no-logo --force-generate --output-xconfig=/etc/X11/xorg.conf
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf
------------------------
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xfff2
------------------------
sudo reboot

sudo alsamixer     #change all m's to 00's
sudo alsactl store 0
sudo adduser xbmc --gecos XBMC
sudo usermod --group audio,video,fuse,cdrom,plugdev xbmc
sudo apt-fast install xbmc-live

sudo su
cd /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/
nano custom-actions.pkla
ResultActive=yes
ResultAny=auth_admin
ResultInactive=yes

aplay -l  #find card and device number
sudo nano /home/xbmc/.asoundrc # change card/device number
    device 3
}
pcm.!default hdmi03

sudo reboot

Now test it out and you should have a system that auto boots to xbmc, tell me if something doesn't work for you.

- Necochino - 2010-12-08

I have just installed Linux Mint Julia (10), 64bit version. All I had to do was update Linus and the nvidia driver, per Mint's suggestion. Then, I only created the sound.conf file per the instructions above (copied here below)

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf
------------------------
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xfff2
------------------------

I have audio over HDMI upon reboot ! Simple... Hope it keeps working.

- Necochino - 2010-12-10

2 days later, still working perfectly. I only needed to add lirc (sudo apt-get install lirc) so the Windows remote would work well. Great little machine. Very quiet !

- thomasf - 2010-12-11

Necochino Wrote:2 days later, still working perfectly. I only needed to add lirc (sudo apt-get install lirc) so the Windows remote would work well. Great little machine. Very quiet !

what about power on/off via the remote - does it work?