Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - thebearnecessit - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-21, 17:02)F.Horst Wrote: ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba - XVBA and VDPAU improved monthly updated PPA (Unstable)

but with this also nothing works

:-(

ok thanks!

erm, what is it though? Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - gott_sei_dank - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-21, 16:31)F.Horst Wrote: i deleted
plugin.video.youtube in /storage/.xbmc/addons
and
plugin.video.youtube.beta in /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data

but nothing works
the search is blank
Huh

Try deleting /.xbmc/userdata/Database/commoncache.db, if that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - F.Horst - 2012-12-21

No chance, but thanks!!

I gave up and downgrade to OE 2.0.
Now works youtube like a charm

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - thebearnecessit - 2012-12-21

i've deleted commoncache.db loads of times. whenever this plugin stopped being able to download, i would close xbmc, rename the file and start xbmc. never caused me any problems. xbmcc just recreates a fresh db file

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-20, 04:13)Salabim Wrote: Changes from the cyrrelic subscription fix broke the script.
When I manually alter the .py files as they are in the revision, XBMC says the script is broken.

The only "fix" working there is replacing line 240 in YouTubeCore.py from :
Code:
folder["channel"] = folder["Title"]
...to...
Code:
folder["channel"] = self.common.parseDOM(node, 'yt:username')[0]
... and leaving the rest untouched will fix the empty "My subscriptions" problem.

The rest of the changes in that changeset broke the script.

This change doesn't fix "My Subscriptions" error. So far there has nothing been posted on the web that gets this working in Frodo rc1.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - sealcouch - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-19, 22:08)Xiider Wrote: Here is a link for the beta zip ready to install from the website said some posts before.
Google Two-Factor Authentication works fine.
http://xiider.de/yt.zip

This fixed the login issue for me. Thanks yo!

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 00:42)sealcouch Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 22:08)Xiider Wrote: Here is a link for the beta zip ready to install from the website said some posts before.
Google Two-Factor Authentication works fine.
http://xiider.de/yt.zip

This fixed the login issue for me. Thanks yo!

Yes, the yt.zip fixes the login, but doesn't seem to fix the subscriptions and explore in Fodo rc1.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - okie - 2012-12-22

Is there a fix in the works for the login issue with Eden?
This is the main addon I use in xbmc watching youtube subscriptions, it sucks Sad

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 03:29)okie Wrote: Is there a fix in the works for the login issue with Eden?
This is the main addon I use in xbmc watching youtube subscriptions, it sucks Sad

I just updated from Eden a couple days ago, but yt was logging in just fine.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - okie - 2012-12-22

So you are saying it maybe me and not the plugin?
I haven't updated anything that would have caused it.
Am I the only one with Eden all of a sudden having this issue?

(2012-12-22, 04:43)okie Wrote: So you are saying it maybe me and not the plugin?
I haven't updated anything that would have caused it.
Am I the only one with Eden all of a sudden having this issue?

I just now checked all of my current Eden boxes and it works without any issues. It however no longer works properly on my other box that I've updated from Eden final to Frodo rc1. Before I updated, that Eden box had YouTube running fine on it as well.

How weird....I even downgraded yt and still can't login.
Strange.
Yt works but I can't login, can you actually login to view your subscriptions?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - jackparsons - 2012-12-22

Upgraded to Frodo rc2 on Linux Mint 12 with plugin 3.3.0 and login is working fine for me, as does search. Plugin operates as I've come to expect.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - vxl123 - 2012-12-22

Frodo RC2, Youtube 3.3.0: no items at "Explore YouTube->YouTube Music->YouTube Top 100 Music Chart" :/

(2012-12-22, 11:17)jackparsons Wrote: Upgraded to Frodo rc2 on Linux Mint 12 with plugin 3.3.0 and login is working fine for me, as does search. Plugin operates as I've come to expect.

Okay, updated from rc1 to rc2 and official YouTube addon still doesn't log in, but YouTube Beta that is posted here logs in okay. However, neither addon allows you to get into "My Subscriptions" section which is main thing that I use this addon for.