Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XB - spycrab101 - 2012-12-22

(2012-12-22, 17:50)kadeschs Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 11:17)jackparsons Wrote: Upgraded to Frodo rc2 on Linux Mint 12 with plugin 3.3.0 and login is working fine for me, as does search. Plugin operates as I've come to expect.

Okay, updated from rc1 to rc2 and official YouTube addon still doesn't log in, but YouTube Beta that is posted here logs in okay. However, neither addon allows you to get into "My Subscriptions" section which is main thing that I use this addon for.

I am having the same issue

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - okie - 2012-12-23

I just think the yt plugin is broken, google must have changed the login process....
Hope this can be fixed soon.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - jackparsons - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 05:50)okie Wrote: I just think the yt plugin is broken, google must have changed the login process....
(Frodo rc2) I'm still using single factor authentication and, once logged in, the plugin pretty much works AFAICS.

I really only use the "My Subscriptions" and that appears to work OK for me, as does queueing into playlists.

The "Explore YouTube"->"YouTube Top 100 Trailers" fails to return any result, the only thing I've noticed as obviously broken.

This is on Linux. Maybe there are differences with Windows, maybe the single-factor authentication on my account is significant.

Edit: could be bugs in the code which the change of Python between Eden and Frodo exposes on Windows but not on Linux.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - okie - 2012-12-23

I'm a little lost with single factor authentication, what is that?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 11:19)jackparsons Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 05:50)okie Wrote: I just think the yt plugin is broken, google must have changed the login process....
(Frodo rc2) I'm still using single factor authentication and, once logged in, the plugin pretty much works AFAICS.

I really only use the "My Subscriptions" and that appears to work OK for me, as does queueing into playlists.

The "Explore YouTube"->"YouTube Top 100 Trailers" fails to return any result, the only thing I've noticed as obviously broken.

This is on Linux. Maybe there are differences with Windows, maybe the single-factor authentication on my account is significant.
Same here. The addon works pretty much without issue in Eden. I haven't changed a thing with the login. Only when going to Fodo is when things break.

Well one day it worked next it didn't, so it had to have been yt....I have uninstalled (not that it is me), reinstalled, even deleted login info, downgraded, then upgraded, still login failed...so would not you come to the conclusion it is yt/google?

What else can/should I doHuh

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 19:24)okie Wrote: Well one day it worked next it didn't, so it had to have been yt....I have uninstalled (not that it is me), reinstalled, even deleted login info, downgraded, then upgraded, still login failed...so would not you come to the conclusion it is yt/google?

Yeah, that does sound like a YouTube thing. They're notorious for frequently changing things which cause issues with this addon. However, everything still seems to be still working for me on all of my Eden boxes. I'm not sure what the hang up is on your end if I can still log in on mine just fine. Maybe it has something to do with the way your account was authenticated, and they changed something that has affected your specific log in? Maybe try to set up a brand new account and see if you can log into that one.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - jackparsons - 2012-12-23

(2012-12-23, 15:40)okie Wrote: I'm a little lost with single factor authentication, what is that?
Single factor: just a password. Two factor: password plus code sent to your phone in response to password.

There is Google documentation on the YouTube API, a little light reading for the holidays...

http://apiblog.youtube.com/2011/03/clientlogin-fail.html

However, I'm currently leaning more to my hypothesis that it's bugs in the code which are exposed in Windows by the change of Python between Eden and Frodo.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - okie - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-23, 22:58)jackparsons Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 15:40)okie Wrote: I'm a little lost with single factor authentication, what is that?
Single factor: just a password. Two factor: password plus code sent to your phone in response to password.

There is Google documentation on the YouTube API, a little light reading for the holidays...

http://apiblog.youtube.com/2011/03/clientlogin-fail.html

However, I'm currently leaning more to my hypothesis that it's bugs in the code which are exposed in Windows by the change of Python between Eden and Frodo.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - ranger0293 - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-23, 22:58)jackparsons Wrote: However, I'm currently leaning more to my hypothesis that it's bugs in the code which are exposed in Windows by the change of Python between Eden and Frodo.

That's definitely the reason for the subscriptions/other functionality not working.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - bitbanger - 2012-12-24

My xbmc box (running xbmcbuntu i.e. Linux) with Frodo RC2 is also logging in just fine to my youtube account (single password authentication) and it can access all my subscriptions.
Youtube plugin version is the 3.3.0/beta (if I remember correctly)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - kadeschs - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-24, 01:13)ranger0293 Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 22:58)jackparsons Wrote: However, I'm currently leaning more to my hypothesis that it's bugs in the code which are exposed in Windows by the change of Python between Eden and Frodo.

That's definitely the reason for the subscriptions/other functionality not working.
The author of the addon also has confirm this and is working on it. BTW, it's not only on Windows machines.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - okie - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-23, 19:41)kadeschs Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 19:24)okie Wrote: Well one day it worked next it didn't, so it had to have been yt....I have uninstalled (not that it is me), reinstalled, even deleted login info, downgraded, then upgraded, still login failed...so would not you come to the conclusion it is yt/google?

Yeah, that does sound like a YouTube thing. They're notorious for frequently changing things which cause issues with this addon. However, everything still seems to be still working for me on all of my Eden boxes. I'm not sure what the hang up is on your end if I can still log in on mine just fine. Maybe it has something to do with the way your account was authenticated, and they changed something that has affected your specific log in? Maybe try to set up a brand new account and see if you can log into that one.

Though, I can log out of YT online and log back in with no issues.....I use the same login (email address and password) in the plugin and 'login failed - false'

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - isaidi - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-24, 05:23)okie Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 19:41)kadeschs Wrote:

Though, I can log out of YT online and log back in with no issues.....I use the same login (email address and password) in the plugin and 'login failed - false'

same problem here xbmc frodo rc2... yt addin 3.3.0
unable to logon with single or 2 step authenticate

i keep ggetting login failed - false msg also...
help

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - DrPepper - 2012-12-24

hey

logon and such works , playing videos from my playlist also works, but if i would like to play all or play from here , that doesnt' work.

any idea bout this ?

Thanks