Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

Play from here problems - Donny - 2013-05-13

If it helps anybody, I was having problems using the, "play from here" option in youtube playlists. I searched, but none of the fixes I found worked for me.

I was able to get it to work by changing my playlist to public from private on the youtube webpage.

Hope it helps someone, God knows you have all helped me.
-Donny

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - slinuxgeek - 2013-05-15

I am trying to open this plugin by passing some arguments,

RunScript(plugin.video.youtube,10025,?feed=search&path=/root/search&search=ok)

From default.py I understand that it works on sys.argv[2] , but what should I pass for argv[1]?
When I pass 10025 or 25 which is id of videolibrary window then in debug log it says for ex:
WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle 10025

I don't know what to pass for argv[1]

Also is there any document so we can know what other things can be passed as argv[2] for "action" perhaps??

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - Basje - 2013-05-15

argv[1] is a handle ID and that one is normally provided by XBMC. I don't know how to call it without that argument, it is possible as most JSON calls (like the youtube greasemonkey (firefox) script) call it. Perhaps you can have a peak at that script?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - slinuxgeek - 2013-05-16

I could not find source for greasemonkey and I think it may not be related to youtube plugin code for xbmc.

I just want that search should start on click of a button in video library window, instead of by clicking on an item in panel control.
Right now there is a search icon item in panel if we click it, it displays all previous searches and another icon for new search clicking on that displays Dialog keyboard to enter search string to search.
I want to achieve same on click of a button.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - ace5342 - 2013-05-17

(2013-05-16, 11:29)slinuxgeek Wrote: I could not find source for greasemonkey and I think it may not be related to youtube plugin code for xbmc.

I just want that search should start on click of a button in video library window, instead of by clicking on an item in panel control.
Right now there is a search icon item in panel if we click it, it displays all previous searches and another icon for new search clicking on that displays Dialog keyboard to enter search string to search.

I have been looking for a similar thing (one call or two at the most to go from the xbmc menu to the youtube search menu with the dialog box ready for input) using JSON RPC.

can you post here if you do find a solution as i could prob make what you want work for me.

Can't save downloaded videos to nfs:// or smb:// directory - Nwardezir - 2013-05-19

Thread don't seem to be read by authors but hey ... doesn't hurt to feedback here. Big Grin

Copy from the issue I've opened on Google Code dedicated space for YouTube XBMC Plugin.

On Google Code, I Wrote:No matter how hard I tried, giving all rights and access to the directories, downloaded videos aren't copied on a nfs or smb chosen directory in Youtube addon settings.

Log available here : http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=20258

As shown, video are kept into the initial /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simple.downloader/ directory and never copied.
See Error message at lines 342 and 343.
direct link : http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/issues/detail?id=92

I've searched a lot, both on the whole forums here, on this current 320-page-length thread and Google ... any help would be appreciated. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - ujku10 - 2013-05-20

help please
youtube not play

18:47:57 T:4877529088 NOTICE: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
18:47:57 T:4877529088 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
18:47:58 T:4877529088 WARNING: FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
18:47:58 T:4877529088 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
18:47:58 T:4877529088 ERROR: Open - failed to open source <http://r3---sn-5cjvh-up5e.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?expire=1363044648&itag=22&ratebypass=yes&source=youtube&mv=m&id=28b024c528ecf196&key=yt1&upn=qz4ebltcCMk&ms=au&sparams=cp,id,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass,source,upn,expire&ipbits=8&newshard=yes&fexp=919111,931006,913564,914030,916611,920704,912806,902000,919512,929901,913605,925006,906938,931202,931203,931401,913566,908529,930803,920201,930101,930603,906834,926403&sver=3&cp=U0hVSFBPUl9JUkNONV9ISVZHOnlMS2R2c0x4MjFV&ip=80.78.79.254&mt=1363024036 | Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; rv:16.0.1) Gecko/20121011 Firefox/16.0.1>

- download youtube work
- vimeo work

thanks all

Problem with day9tv - haf-blade - 2013-05-20

Hi guys,

I've got some small issue with my YouTube plugin.
I use this plugin primarly with subscripted channels and all work well except the channel of "day9tv".
Due to the fact that this is my normally most used channel (yes I'm a starcraft2 nerd Tongue ) it is a real pain that it doesn't work.

He always says that I can't find some content. When I search in the plugin and say "More videos from day9tv" he finds them all.
Could someone please give me a hind how to fix it? Or perhaps someone could try if this works well on your pc.

Is there perhaps a possibility to delete the cache?
I tried out to delete all content of the plugin and reinstall but this didn't help Sad

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon - DesktopMasters - 2013-05-21

I have random videos that will not play. For example "John Mulaney - The Xanax Story" played a few days ago now whenever I try to play it the plugin fails. Other videos will play. And some will not. I cannot find any solutions to this issue. Xanax Story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNGz-coRK5w
I would love any ideas or solutions from all of you out there. I am highly technical. (:

~ Merlin

Re: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube - Bunto Skiffler - 2013-05-21

me too, i think it started happening less than a week ago. script errors on vids that used to play fine. xbmc eden standalone linux.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon - DesktopMasters - 2013-05-21

Yes Linux Mint here with XBMC Version 12.2

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube - DFergATL - 2013-05-21

I can no longer play any videos in youtube, nor can I log into youtube anymore either. Was fine yesterday. Just an other day of XBMC. I have gotten to the point where I dread turning it on when I get home from work. Every two or three days something else stops working.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - slinuxgeek - 2013-05-22

(2013-05-17, 20:27)ace5342 Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 11:29)slinuxgeek Wrote: I could not find source for greasemonkey and I think it may not be related to youtube plugin code for xbmc.

I have been looking for a similar thing (one call or two at the most to go from the xbmc menu to the youtube search menu with the dialog box ready for input) using JSON RPC.

can you post here if you do find a solution as i could prob make what you want work for me.

Hi ace5342,

I did it through small script:
On click of the button I am calling this script:
PHP Code:
import xbmc
import CommonFunctions 
as common

def Main
():
    print 
"*************************Begin YouTube Search*****************************"

query common.getUserInput('Search YouTube''')
    if 
query:

xbmc.executebuiltin('ReplaceWindow(video,plugin://plugin.video.youtube/Explore Youtube/?feed=search&path=/root/search&search=' query ',return)')

print 
"******************************END********************************"

if __name__ == '__main__':

Main() 
So basically I am trying to open the virtual folder with that folder path which is of same format when YouTube search displays a search result.
That will take some moment to draw result and there will not be any user feedback like working dialog displayed, but if you know little scripting you can achieve that too.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube - tinfox - 2013-05-22

(2013-05-21, 23:54)DFergATL Wrote: I can no longer play any videos in youtube, nor can I log into youtube anymore either. Was fine yesterday. Just an other day of XBMC. I have gotten to the point where I dread turning it on when I get home from work. Every two or three days something else stops working.
Same here.

How to clear/ Flush youtube subscriptions channel's thumbnail? - sfbay99 - 2013-05-24

How to clear/ Flush youtube subscriptions channel's thumbnail?

Does anyone know how to clear/ Flush youtube subscriptions channel's thumbnail?, as you all know those subscriptions folder pickup the latest video as the thumbnail subscriptions folder and stay there forever, but sometime those thumbnail do not best represent those channel , but some how the addon store those thumbnail forever, even I
un-unsubscribe and unsubscribe again 3 months later , it still use the same old thumbnail picture !! why , how can I fix this. Can I individually only some channel thumbnail and keep others?
I am using Win7 / XBMC Version 11, thanks