Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Krunchy - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 16:03)josa Wrote: Please help.. Youtube plugin not function.

Win7 64bit
Youtube 4.4.6

http://imiger.eu/xbmc.log

Hi Josa,

Did you try editing the YouTubeLogin.py file as referenced in post 3805?
I'm on 64 bit Win 7 and it fixed my failure to login.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - norcon6 - 2014-01-18

Yes, I tried the .py change. Started receiving script errors after that. Uninstalled and re-installed after that.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - josa - 2014-01-18

Krunchy: Yes, I tried

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - grote345 - 2014-01-19

Well I also cant login anymore I tried almost everything I did an complete new install of xbmc but no change cant login to youtube I use plugin 4.4.6 pleas fix Huh??

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - lebowski2 - 2014-01-19

(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 18:07)digzz Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 15:55)sukkubus Wrote: Could someone pls have a little mercy and explain how to apply the fix from enigma83 ?

Thx alot

Nicole Wink

Me too .....All I see is code but ain't got a clue what to do. Huh

Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit
It worked for me as well!

+1 solved my youtube login woes - thanks!

EDIT: Is there a quick explanation for what this means and what it fixes? You can assume basic web programming knowledge.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - grote345 - 2014-01-19

Hey lebowski2 thanks it is working again Smile me happy Smile

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - bichenoubi - 2014-01-19

I'm trying to login but with a google account that does not have an "old youtube account". The Enigma83 fix does not seem to work. Is there a solution for that case ?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - flokohlert - 2014-01-19

CanĀ“t get this to work even with enigmafix. Googleapps account. Any help appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - ss4johnny - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-18, 17:24)Krunchy Wrote: Hi Josa,

Did you try editing the YouTubeLogin.py file as referenced in post 3805?
I'm on 64 bit Win 7 and it fixed my failure to login.

I've got 64bit Windows 8.1. I tried that fix and it didn't work. I just installed the youtube addon and can't log in. Also, there are some videos that don't seem to play. I've only noticed it on VEVO videos.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - henrikyo - 2014-01-20

God, youtube on xbmc is on the top 3 thing i use xbmc with when its connected to my TV.

i have tried every solution now. From deleting the entire account, to opening a new one, to greating a google page, and using that login info. Also tried reinstalling xbmc, deleting the youtube folder in appdata/roaming/xbmc and finally editing the .py file.

So now i have officially given up on this.

I know its not the devs fault, but stil, its so frustrating to deal with, and shouldnt be that hard.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - nickshe89 - 2014-01-20

anyone got fix for vevo to work on youtube

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - muckster - 2014-01-21

i3ki's fix didn't work for me either. I've got 2-factor authentication and the problem with the two accounts... I made the changes to youtubelogin.py, and when I try, I have to wait for about 90 seconds before I'm asked for the 2-step authentication. I enter that, and I *immediately* get the plugin failure error. Any help would be much appreciated, would be great if this worked. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - enstine86 - 2014-01-21

(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 18:07)digzz Wrote:
(2014-01-14, 15:55)sukkubus Wrote: Could someone pls have a little mercy and explain how to apply the fix from enigma83 ?

Thx alot

Nicole Wink

Me too .....All I see is code but ain't got a clue what to do. Huh

Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit
It worked for me as well!

This fixed my login issues with the youtube addon

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - ToddeSwe - 2014-01-21

Hi!

Have tried the "fix" now but when i do i get:

19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: Loading cookies from :'C:\\Users\\Todde\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.youtube\\yt-cookiejar.txt'
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: YouTube-4.4.6
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: StorageServer Module loaded RUN(instance only)
19:01:20 T:10940 NOTICE: StorageClient-2.5.2 Starting server
19:01:20 T:11248 NOTICE: StorageServer-2.5.2 Storage Server starting C:\Users\Todde\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\commoncache.db
19:01:21 T:10940 NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
19:01:21 T:5832 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

Somthing with commoncache....

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - xbmcjas - 2014-01-22

Can someone help me with this issue? I watch The Young Turks live stream most nights. It's normally fine. But for the last couple of days, the stream has been stopping after a couple of minutes, sometimes less. I can't figure out what's going on. It happens on two XBMC installs, both on Win7. Suggestions?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=114023