Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - lhw455 - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-27, 15:27)myso Wrote: Hi, I don't have any account ending with "@pages.plusgoogle.com" and I have literally tried everything from the past 30-40 pages of this thread. No way I'm able to sign in to youtube with any of my XBMC instances.

Please help!

I "converted" my account to a pages.plusgoogle.com account and my problems disappeared (instructions some pages back). Is this something you're willing to try?

[RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for X - Berre - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-26, 20:50)MorningWood Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 20:48)Berre Wrote: i've tried lhw455 and MorningWood's suggestions but still no luck.

Can you give some more info? Are you using your account login info or channel info? third party password set up?

I'm using my regular google login (the one i use for gmail).
I've tried using both my normal passsword, where i get prompted for the 2-factor 6 digit pin code, and using an application specific password.

Here is my log file:
http://pastebin.com/AdcHsGpi

key points:
16:59:27 Login with 2-factor pin
17:00:17 Login with application specific password with spaces
17:01:15 Login with application specific password without spaces
17:02:16 Login with incorrect password

Login issues fixed! - bumblebeeman - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-14, 21:57)i3ki Wrote: Find on your computer and open (eg with wordpad) the file: YouTubeLogin.py
Look for text string: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})
Save and Exit
It worked for me as well!

Worked like a charm, no mucking around with google+/linking accounts/youtube settings. I made it work in Win7, but where can I find the YouTubeLogin.py file on my Mac? (OSX 10.8)

Nice work

converting to G+ account - myso - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-27, 17:26)lhw455 Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 15:27)myso Wrote: Hi, I don't have any account ending with "@pages.plusgoogle.com" and I have literally tried everything from the past 30-40 pages of this thread. No way I'm able to sign in to youtube with any of my XBMC instances.

Please help!

I "converted" my account to a pages.plusgoogle.com account and my problems disappeared (instructions some pages back). Is this something you're willing to try?

Hi, if you mean this:
lhw455 Wrote:For anyone have recent issues with the plugin, check that Youtube isn't asking you every now and again to use your Google+ profile, that's the issue I was having. Just login to youtube in your web browser of choice, click a video and refresh it a few times. Sooner or later, a popup will come up, select whatever option you want, and the popup should go away.

I've done it about 8 months ago and that's when all the login troubles started. Unpairing youtube and G+ account didn't help either. Also none of the py source code modifications did the miracle for me. I'm lost Sad

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - lhw455 - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-28, 12:07)myso Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 17:26)lhw455 Wrote:

Please help!

Hi, if you mean this:
lhw455 Wrote:For anyone have recent issues with the plugin, check that Youtube isn't asking you every now and again to use your Google+ profile, that's the issue I was having. Just login to youtube in your web browser of choice, click a video and refresh it a few times. Sooner or later, a popup will come up, select whatever option you want, and the popup should go away.

I've done it about 8 months ago and that's when all the login troubles started. Unpairing youtube and G+ account didn't help either. Also none of the py source code modifications did the miracle for me. I'm lost Sad

I followed this post

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - seaan - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-28, 12:07)myso Wrote: . Also none of the py source code modifications did the miracle for me. I'm lost Sad

I'm in the same shit, bro... I'll try to debug the py code myself

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - myso - 2014-01-28

Myso Wrote:Hi, I don't have any account ending with "@pages.plusgoogle.com"
Did I mention already that there is nothing like that under my account settings?

(2014-01-28, 14:17)seaan Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 12:07)myso Wrote: . Also none of the py source code modifications did the miracle for me. I'm lost Sad

I'm in the same shit, bro... I'll try to debug the py code myself

If it's of any help I can give you debug outputs from my YT plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - lhw455 - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-28, 14:50)myso Wrote:
Myso Wrote:Hi, I don't have any account ending with "@pages.plusgoogle.com"
Did I mention already that there is nothing like that under my account settings?

Not sure if that was directed at me, I didn't have the @pages.plusgoogle.com email address either, but following the instructions I was able to create one.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - myso - 2014-01-28

I'll try to be as direct as possible this time: It doesn't work for me (the instructions), it seems completely different under my account, no third party tools menu, no @pages.plusgoogle.com account. And yes, my account is paired with G+.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - lhw455 - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-28, 17:06)myso Wrote: I'll try to be as direct as possible this time: It doesn't work for me (the instructions), it seems completely different under my account, no third party tools menu, no @pages.plusgoogle.com account. And yes, my account is paired with G+.

Try to open another gmail account to see if it works on another one? If so, you can at least narrow the problem down.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - bumblebeeman - 2014-01-28

(2014-01-28, 03:19)bumblebeeman Wrote: where can I find the YouTubeLogin.py file on my Mac? (OSX 10.8)

Found it (my Library folder was hidden)

to unhide your library: Terminal --> chflags nohidden ~/Library/

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon - Berre - 2014-01-28

I finally got the plugin to work again, by manually authenticating it, and writing the authentication token to the settings file.
My solution isn't easy, but i'll try to explain it.

1. open the following url to authenticate the youtube plugin with your google account:
https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth?client_id=208795275779.apps.googleusercontent.com&redirect_uri=urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob&scope=http%3A%2F%2Fgdata.youtube.com&response_type=code

This will send you to a page which gives you an authentication code.

2. Create an HTML file with the following contents, and open it in a browser:
http://pastebin.com/fdH9xJF7

3. paste the code from step 1 in the code field and click submit
This should give you a result like this:
{
"access_token" : "A long cryptic phrase",
"token_type" : "Bearer",
"expires_in" : 3600,
"refresh_token" : "Another cryptic phrase"
}

4. open the settings.xml file in your "userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube" folder
find the oauth2_access_token setting and copy the access_token phrase from step 3 to the value field
find the oauth2_refresh_token setting and copy the refresh_token phrase from step 3 to the value field
for the oauth2_expires_at setting see step 5

5. Go to http://pythonwebconsole.thomnichols.org/ and run the following script
--------------------------------
import time

print "time.time(): %f " % time.time()
---------------------------------

This will output something like:
time.time(): 1390933738.478000

add 3600 to that number, eg. 1390937338.478000

paste that number in the value field of the oauth2_expires_at setting.

6. Save the settings.xml file

7. the plugin should now work... it did for me.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - kevenz - 2014-01-28

thanks a lot Berre, I followed step by step your method and it's working.

I don't even understand what the hell I did, you're a genius anyway ! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - konoimo - 2014-01-28

i followed Berre's method and it WORKS!
thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - BillTuttle - 2014-01-28

Also used Berre's method and it works here as well (running Raspbmc)

Edit

Ok, mostly works. I'm only seeing 3 of about 20 subscriptions listed