Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - nickr - 2014-07-01

(2014-07-01, 02:50)dabone Wrote: My question is why it takes so long for fixes to be included in the offical repos so they could be done with automatic updates.
It seems to me there isn't an actual developer working on the official code. Maybe the original developers of the addon have abandoned it. Such is open source.

This addon is attributed to "The Collective" or somesuch? Who are they? Are any of them still on this thread? If they are no longer connected to development of this addon, is there someone with dedication to take over management and development of this quite important addon?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - vikjon0 - 2014-07-01

(2014-07-01, 11:56)nickr Wrote:
(2014-07-01, 02:50)dabone Wrote: My question is why it takes so long for fixes to be included in the offical repos so they could be done with automatic updates.
It seems to me there isn't an actual developer working on the official code. Maybe the original developers of the addon have abandoned it. Such is open source.

This addon is attributed to "The Collective" or somesuch? Who are they? Are any of them still on this thread? If they are no longer connected to development of this addon, is there someone with dedication to take over management and development of this quite important addon?

I think active but silient
https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/
https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin

fix log on YouTube - fred kaz - 2014-07-01

Will the YouTube plugin ever be fixed for Gotham, so that I can log in and watch all my subscriptions.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - kuchow - 2014-07-01

I have Gotham under Raspberry PI. The plugin gives me a login error although I have used the fix method. Can you please upload the fixed plugin to any of the free download sharing sites?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - grote345 - 2014-07-01

I have Gotham 13.1 and no problem with the youtube plugin I have a few script erros with plugins I almost beginning to think that these are python issues with gotham

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Olepir - 2014-07-01

kuchow
login fix must be applied locally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVR1m6viAHE

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - cryptic66 - 2014-07-03

I tried the fix and does not work me using Gotham 13.1. It was working fine last week. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - - x-cimo - 2014-07-04

For some reason after replacing the py file and deleting the pyo. Vevo still wont work.

In my log I get this:

Code:
20:33:52 T:730556   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x8b in position 1: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 120, in <module>
                                                navigation.executeAction(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeNavigation.py", line 143, in executeAction
                                                self.player.playVideo(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubePlayer.py", line 84, in playVideo
                                                (video, status) = self.buildVideoObject(params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubePlayer.py", line 288, in buildVideoObject
                                                (links, video) = self.extractVideoLinksFromYoutube(video, params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubePlayer.py", line 568, in extractVideoLinksFromYoutube
                                                links = self.scrapeWebPageForVideoLinks(result, video)
                                              File "C:\Users\Mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubePlayer.py", line 383, in scrapeWebPageForVideoLinks
                                                url = url + u"&signature=" + self.decrypt_signature(sig, flashvars[u"js"])
                                              File "C:\Users\Mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubePlayer.py", line 437, in decrypt_signature
                                                res = self.core._fetchPage({u"link": playerUrl})
                                              File "C:\Users\Mediacenter\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeCore.py", line 468, in _fetchPage
                                                ret_obj["content"] = inputdata.decode("utf-8")
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                                return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x8b in position 1: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:33:52 T:667208   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=ZIUGf1yVD7s]

I can't login to my youtube account - 5873625 - 2014-07-04

I can't login to my youtube account
can you please help me
Thanks all

http://pastebin.com/vuM18ghF

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - cryptic66 - 2014-07-04

Can't login through the youtube addon. Was working a week ago. Using XBMC 13.1

here's the ink to my log file.
XBMC LOG FILE

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - alibaba011 - 2014-07-04

[quote='x-cimo' pid='1746830' dateline='1404434434']
For some reason after replacing the py file and deleting the pyo. Vevo still wont work.

Same video work here. One week ago , it does not work for me that something to do with decrypt signature. But it now works any without modification. I am using Youtube 4.4.8 in Gotham 13.1 win 8.

Your log is incomplete. What version OS you are using.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - cryptic66 - 2014-07-04

I'm running Windows 8 64 Bit. Tried it on a Windows 7 PC same issue.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - x-cimo - 2014-07-05

(2014-07-04, 22:14)alibaba011 Wrote: [quote='x-cimo' pid='1746830' dateline='1404434434']

Same video work here. One week ago , it does not work for me that something to do with decrypt signature. But it now works any without modification. I am using Youtube 4.4.8 in Gotham 13.1 win 8.

Your log is incomplete. What version OS you are using.

Gotham 13.1 on Windows 8.1 Update 1..

I can post a full log if you think you can help.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - S4Rs - 2014-07-07

(2014-07-01, 22:15)Olepir Wrote: kuchow
login fix must be applied locally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVR1m6viAHE

Everyone should really just follow this video to de-facto log in to xbmc. Biggest step is the last one which is replace your password in settings.xml with an app specific password which google is awesome for doing.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - bsphere - 2014-07-07

Is the "Play on XBMC" feature broken for 13.1 with version 1.0.9 of the remote? Any documentation that may help with this? I don't care about logging on to my youtube account in xbmc, I just want to play videos I search on my phone on xbmc.