Kodi Community Forum
24p and audio sync issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 24p and audio sync issues (/showthread.php?tid=80247)

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - robl45 - 2013-06-03

(2013-05-17, 10:58)torcar Wrote: I also tried this patch, but it made no difference for me regarding bad lipsync. Still about -175ms on the audio when running 24p material.

However the a/v counter got a little more stable. The FPS counter is still hitting 23,98fps when XBMC is just started, but after a few minutes it starts getting unstable...

Also I found I got a new counter called "ae". It reads a few milliseconds varying from 3ms to 10ms... Anyone know what this counter is?

The ae is telling you the sync difference. So the ms are the resampling it's doing to keep the sync. It's a huge improvement, but still doesn't work well enough for me to drop reclock/mpchc

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - aquilae - 2013-06-04

Still an issue Sad

Been thinking about even switching to XBMCbuntu or OpenElec because of this issue, but I'm unsure if they'll fix the issue or not (they are based on XBMC to begin with).

Also thinking/hoping that this might finally be looked at for the next patch?

How can we as the community help address this issue? I still find I am having to adjust the delay quite regularly, which impacts negatively on my experience and enjoyment of XBMC.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Janovic - 2013-06-05

Hi,

I also have a problem with the audio sync when turning the "adjust display rate to video" on, my tv is a samsung UE40c6000.
I don't really find it disturbing i just adjust the audio sync slider.

But also i have a little stutter every 20-30 sec. now and then and that drives me crazy. It is just a few frame drops.

It occurs when i turn "adjust display rate to video" on.
The quality is then excelent with normal settings on my tv. But i have this little stutter.

Tried "game mode" on my tv, audio sync is fine then, and no stutter now and then but i have lousy quality and a very shocky image, because the samsung led motion is off in that mode. when i use the tv in 50/60 hertz and let the xbmc put the movie in 50 or 60 to the screen i have stutter also, and more then in 24p.

I think it is a problem in the tv? or a problem in xbmc, or maybe windows is the key?

Have tried so many options but can't find the solution, i hope there is someone who can help!

My setup is:

Asrock e350-m1
Samsung ssd 830 series
1TB WD20EARX

Installed XBMC 12.2
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

TV: ue40c6000 samsung
Sound: Phillips HTS7200 (through optical)

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - robl45 - 2013-06-06

I've read that linux uses floating display refresh rates so maybe its not a problem like it is with windows, but I've never seen any confirmation and its quite a big job to change over.

(2013-06-04, 13:52)aquilae Wrote: Still an issue Sad

Been thinking about even switching to XBMCbuntu or OpenElec because of this issue, but I'm unsure if they'll fix the issue or not (they are based on XBMC to begin with).

Also thinking/hoping that this might finally be looked at for the next patch?

How can we as the community help address this issue? I still find I am having to adjust the delay quite regularly, which impacts negatively on my experience and enjoyment of XBMC.

if you are dropping frames, that will usually be because the audio and video are getting out of sync, do you have sync to display turned on?

(2013-06-05, 14:07)Janovic Wrote: Hi,

I also have a problem with the audio sync when turning the "adjust display rate to video" on, my tv is a samsung UE40c6000.

But also i have a little stutter every 20-30 sec. now and then and that drives me crazy. It is just a few frame drops.

The quality is then excelent with normal settings on my tv. But i have this little stutter.

Tried "game mode" on my tv, audio sync is fine then, and no stutter now and then but i have lousy quality and a very shocky image, because the samsung led motion is off in that mode. when i use the tv in 50/60 hertz and let the xbmc put the movie in 50 or 60 to the screen i have stutter also, and more then in 24p.

I think it is a problem in the tv? or a problem in xbmc, or maybe windows is the key?

Have tried so many options but can't find the solution, i hope there is someone who can help!

My setup is:

Asrock e350-m1
Samsung ssd 830 series
1TB WD20EARX

Installed XBMC 12.2
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Janovic - 2013-06-11

yes i have it turned on, problem still occurs..

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - bat0nas - 2013-09-25

(2013-06-05, 14:07)Janovic Wrote: Hi,

My setup is:

Asrock e350-m1
Samsung ssd 830 series
1TB WD20EARX

Installed XBMC 12.2
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

My setup is very similar and I have exactly the same problem with 24Hz playback ("adjust display rate to video = ON").
So basically I can't use XBMC for 24Hz playback. Just for default 60Hz playback which is not good either for movies recorded at 24Hz.

PS: In my case TMT6 2D 24Hz playback is not broken and no lipsync problems. But TMT6 3D playback has a bucket full of lipsync problems. But yeah.. this is out of topic.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - flitter2009 - 2013-09-25

Is the content you're playing 24hz or 23.976hz?

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - belongamick - 2014-01-02

(2013-05-09, 10:46)bniswe Wrote: I have disabled HPET on my system since it didn't seem to help this issue in any way.

But after re-reading this thread form the beginning I found that a11599 has a patch that helps with the missed: counter being incremented.

I now run the 12.2 build from here: http://subvoice.hu/xbmc/
The missed counter is now stable, for most videos anyway, and when it is stable, the audio delay seems to be gone. I now run without the advancedsettings.xml, and seem to have perfect lip-sync.

https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commits/my_build
I think this is the patch that fixes it [win32][half-fixed] Missed vblanks in CVideoReferenceClock

I hope this patch is merged into xbmc soon!

Thanks a11599 - your build fixed the AV sync issues for me also. I tried installing 12.3 before your build and the issue was still present. Does anyone know how to find out if the commit above will be included in version 13?

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - ix400 - 2014-01-02

This really should be implemented in Gotham asap.

Important patch.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - frarev - 2014-01-25

I'm using OpenElec XBMC on a NUC Intel i5 D54250WYK Intel. I had audio sync problem with some files, specially with 23-24 hz tv shows.

I just realised that OpenElec has a default advancedsettings that is in /usr/share/xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml

This default file sets a 175ms delai for audio in 23-24hz display.

I reseted all delay to 0 and now, all video are correctly synchronised with audio.

That is my advancedsettings.xml :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
<showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>

<cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
<gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
<video>
<latency>
<delay>0</delay>
<refresh>
<min>23</min>
<max>24</max>
<delay>0</delay>
</refresh>
</latency>
<busydialogdelayms>750</busydialogdelayms>
</video>
<samba>
<clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
</samba>
<network>
<curlclienttimeout>30</curlclienttimeout>
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>

</advancedsettings>

see that : http://openelec.tv/forum/68-audio/57509-24p-audio-delay

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - fritsch - 2014-01-25

Yes, we did this cause of measurements we have done approx 1 year ago. We asked some hundred people to play three different samples and tell us the Delay they see. Here we got the above numbers. But delays are something personal, e.g. between AVR hdmi and TV.

24p and audio sync issues - frarev - 2014-01-25

And what is the "busydialogdelayms" parameter ?
I didn't find any explanations about it ...

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Simkin84 - 2014-01-26

(2014-01-25, 20:56)fritsch Wrote: Yes, we did this cause of measurements we have done approx 1 year ago. We asked some hundred people to play three different samples and tell us the Delay they see. Here we got the above numbers. But delays are something personal, e.g. between AVR hdmi and TV.

So what can i do to fix this audio delay issue?

Running XBMC 12.3 on Windows 7 64Bit
Yamaha RX-A2010 AV Receiver
Panasonic VT30 Plasma
24p

I have tried to manually add the delay via my receiver, and a 150-200ms delay, seems to work fine, but even then, things aren't 100% in sync, but very close though.

If video/audio works just fine on 60Hz on a 24Hz movie, why not 24Hz on TV watching a 24Hz movie..?? I just dont get it!

One more thing i dont get, is that if i "mess" around in my movie library, start and stop alot of movies, the audio delay is way off, and i have to restart..

Please tell me how to fix this. I have over 650 movies and a lot of tv series, and i cant manually adjust the delay on everything i watch.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Simkin84 - 2014-01-29

This is just ridiculous. This thread started in 2010 (!!) and yet there are a bunch of people having this issue?!?

What is so difficult to fix? even delaying the audio, and still the sync is slighly off!!

I love XBMC, but having this issue, is a HUGE drawback.

i still dont understand why on earth this is (still) an issue.. 4 years and people still cant watch their 24p movies with proper audio sync.

Someone in the XBMC team need to wake up.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Xophile - 2014-01-29

Still a problem for me I'm afraid. Haven't tried the new audio engine in the nightly builds though...