Kodi Community Forum
24p and audio sync issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 24p and audio sync issues (/showthread.php?tid=80247)

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Soli - 2015-08-28

Maybe it could just copy the builtin av.xml to the [storage/home]/*/userdata. That would be a good middleroad as that means the avg. user could access the file through samba and edit av.xml directly without looking av.xml up in the wiki. Maybe it's a good idea to PR to mainline too, but I'm not totally sure.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - fritsch - 2015-08-28

Mainline has nothing really important in AV.XML. we are not allowed to overwrite when copying and manual editing also sucks.

If that is really an issue for avg joe, we need a GUI solution.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - XTrojan - 2015-08-28

I also noticed that Audio gets ahead of video when "Sync playback to display" isn't on. Anyone know why? (Adjust refreshrate on)

-175 In audio seems to sync it, but why does sync playback fix it and why really do i need to put -175?

Using a Receiver.

Haven't tested 25P, but i sincerely hope it's also -175 delayed otherwise i'll have to change audio delay for every movie in 25P.

Please provide two debuglogs with only this setting changed. Sync playback cannot correct a global unknown constant delay, that's why I wonder.

(2015-08-28, 14:58)fritsch Wrote: Please provide two debuglogs with only this setting changed. Sync playback cannot correct a global unknown constant delay, that's why I wonder.

I'll report in a hour with the debug, the only raw data i got is that when i press O i can see that the audio is set to +0.100% with sync playback to display on.
(Is it possible Kodi detects 23.976 as 24.000?) It says 24.000 On Sync Playback To Display meter when pressing O, but the true refreshrate is 23.976.

This is with bitstream on btw, but for some reason Drop/Dupe method fixes audio being ahead of video.

That's clear ... it throws packages away, while without it dvdplayer forced a resync. V15 does not have this setting anymore ...

It still does not explain why you have a constant offset without. When we have to drop,dupe something else goes heavily wrong.

(2015-08-28, 15:07)fritsch Wrote: That's clear ... it throws packages away, while without it dvdplayer forced a resync. V15 does not have this setting anymore ...

It still does not explain why you have a constant offset without. When we have to drop,dupe something else goes heavily wrong.

I'm using V15, I don't understand why it says refresh:24.000 at the bottom when it's 23.976 as well the speed:0.100%.

(with Sync playback to display off speed:0.100% is gone)

Intel Controlpanel says 23Hz(23.976).

I disabled sync playback to display but this resulted in Audio being ahead of video instead which has been bugging me.

I'll post Debug Log later.

That's no Problem, but a bit hard to explain, nothing is wrong. I will explain the details when I return from holidays.

If you want to research: vblank, Video clock swap buffer driven

(2015-08-28, 15:15)fritsch Wrote: That's no Problem, but a bit hard to explain, nothing is wrong. I will explain the details when I return from holidays.

If you want to research: vblank, Video clock swap buffer driven

Apparantly -175 with Sync playback to display (on) seemed to be the solution, the issue i had with Sync Playback to display on + bitstream was that my receiver would sometimes lose connection via WASAPI and change back to PCM since it didn't get any packet.

The issue seems to be related when A/V sync goes positive, the end result is that the packet isn't at the receiver in time, the receiver will then hiccup as if it changed HDMI output before going back to Bitstream mode.

Now A/V Sync is fluctuating around -100 and -200 with no missed packets.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Warner306 - 2016-01-12

(2015-08-28, 14:28)fritsch Wrote: Mainline has nothing really important in AV.XML. we are not allowed to overwrite when copying and manual editing also sucks.

If that is really an issue for avg joe, we need a GUI solution.

It is definitely an issue for the average Joe. Plex Media Player is planning on adding a 24 Hz delay option as a core feature of its new player.

I have narrowed the delay on my system to a constant 125 ms. I suspect my Samsung LED uses additional processing in its 1080p24 mode, which causes this delay. I don't own a Blu-ray player to compare, however.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Xophile - 2016-01-19

I've talked about this before but would it be possible to have a sample videofile (no copyright) to finally sort this issue out once and for all?

On my system I have used advanced settings and put in -175ms bit it doesn't always work for every file I play.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - robl45 - 2016-01-19

I'm amazed this is still an issue 5 or more years later. I've been using mpc hc with reclock for years because of this issue. Why not just add in reclock?

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - djoole - 2016-01-19

I can advise to use DSPlayer, i got rid of A/V sync issues thanks to it. And I'm not using reclock.
I just put a -150ms delay in LAV Audio, and I have perfect sync for every file.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Warner306 - 2016-02-13

(2016-01-19, 17:43)robl45 Wrote: I'm amazed this is still an issue 5 or more years later. I've been using mpc hc with reclock for years because of this issue. Why not just add in reclock?

ReClock will not fix this issue. ReClock fixes frame corrections caused by the audio/video clocks being out of sync.

This issue has to do with input lag of the display or AV Receiver causing a drift between audio and video. This should happen with all media players and audio renderers. This has been my experience.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - robl45 - 2016-02-13

Reclock works perfectly for me. Jriver works to. This is an issue with kodi and has been for years.

(2016-02-13, 03:55)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 17:43)robl45 Wrote: I'm amazed this is still an issue 5 or more years later. I've been using mpc hc with reclock for years because of this issue. Why not just add in reclock?

ReClock will not fix this issue. ReClock fixes frame corrections caused by the audio/video clocks being out of sync.

This issue has to do with input lag of the display or AV Receiver causing a drift between audio and video. This should happen with all media players and audio renderers. This has been my experience.