Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

- Malard - 2011-05-25

Hi,

Just to update a few things

We are still on track for shipping at the end of June.

Right now we don't have any videos, I will try and get some videos produced in the next couple of weeks or so.

Basically the remote will work, just with a slightly customised keyboard.xml file, infact I am working on a patch whereby it will run as keyboard.nyxboard.xml for eden. in dharma will just replace/amend the existing keyboard.xml file

Unfortunately the ecom store I am using doesn't support pre-orders. But as it stands, all the pre-orders will dispatch at the same time as the remotes to to the review sites. Anyone who hasnt pre-ordered will probably have to wait a couple more weeks for the main shipment to arrive.

Cheers

- outleradam - 2011-05-25

Great! Hey, I was number 80 about 2 months ago. It's really annoying to wait for so long, but I think it's worth it. What order numbers are other people getting? How many have they sold now?

- Kevo - 2011-05-25

outleradam Wrote:Great! Hey, I was number 80 about 2 months ago. It's really annoying to wait for so long, but I think it's worth it. What order numbers are other people getting? How many have they sold now?

where are you seeing the number? Only response i've had in the last month is PayPal confirmation? Should I have received something else?

- japius - 2011-05-26

outleradam Wrote:Great! Hey, I was number 80 about 2 months ago. It's really annoying to wait for so long, but I think it's worth it. What order numbers are other people getting? How many have they sold now?

I ordered on April 22 and am order 222

- japius - 2011-05-26

Kevo Wrote:where are you seeing the number? Only response i've had in the last month is PayPal confirmation? Should I have received something else?

When I ordered I received two emails one from paypal and one from pulse eight

- Kevo - 2011-05-26

Hmmm, I didn't. Is that something you can check out Malard?

I'd hate to miss out on the initial batch.

- isamudaison - 2011-05-27

w00t! Order #344. This will be a godsend for us who have plasmas that emit IR and completely F up the MCE-IR receiver. As a side note, if you don't want a dongle hanging outta your htpc you can get one of these.

- japius - 2011-06-04

Any chance of it coming earlier? Such a long wait

- Malard - 2011-06-04

I get the final engineering sample early next week, as soon as I sign off on that, then the first pilot run gets produced, this is a decent sized batch, but not enough to cover all the pre-orders, the full run (which will cover all the pre-orders and leave plenty spare) arrives very early July, as soon as I have final dates I will email everyone to keep people up to date.

Those pre-ordering now might have to wait a couple of days after the 27th to see theirs although nothing is confirmed yet.

- outleradam - 2011-06-08

I really want one quickly. I don't want beta hardware though.... Please ensure everything is perfect. I've made my wife use a flakey bluetooth keyboard with built-in track pad for about 3 months.

You're doing great things for the community. +1 reputation to you sir.

Let me ask you..... is this thing hackable, or open hardware?

- japius - 2011-06-09

Malard Wrote:I get the final engineering sample early next week, as soon as I sign off on that, then the first pilot run gets produced, this is a decent sized batch, but not enough to cover all the pre-orders.

How is/was the sample? Everything you (and we) hoped for?

And how many units are in the first batch (he said hoping more than 222 Smile )

- rflores2323 - 2011-06-10

I am waiting to see a video of the actual remote along with it in action.

Also any word on production of the gen 2 that will work with the atv2?

- Malard - 2011-06-10

Just a quick update.

The sample got delayed due to a last minute tweak, it's due in my hands on wednesday, but hopefully there should be no delay on the delivery date of the first pilot run batch.

It's not knowingly open, but if you can hack it to do something cool, let me know!

- outleradam - 2011-06-11

That's actually great news. I'd rather have a change then none at all. This is assurance of a fine quality product. Keep up the good work.

I plan on having the thing torn apart on day one.... hopefully that won't void any warranty.

- iltasu - 2011-06-11

It looks interesting, I just have a question, I have 3 openelecs in the house, and my house isn't so big, do they use all the same RF identification? I mean, if I use one in the bedroom, and my wife uses one in the kitchen (those two rooms are really near, within 10m of range), is there the likelihood to interfere with each other?

Thanks