Kodi Community Forum
XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: XBMC gets dedicated remote - Motorola Nyxboard (/showthread.php?tid=80968)

- DiCe! - 2011-07-26

Malard if I was to order this week, when realistically would I be likely to receive a remote?

Many thanks

- Malard - 2011-07-26

1 - 2 weeks at most (I Hope), mid aug at the latest

- falafael - 2011-07-27

hi malard, the wife has asked when we are able to purchase one of these remotes from you??
Thanks!!

Great, i have just ordered one!! looking forward to it's arrival

- hoodride - 2011-07-30

Ubuntu 11.04 + XBMC 10.1 = nyxboard no worky.

If I unplug the usb and plug it back in, it works for 2 minutes. That's it. If I turn the nyxboard over to use the keyboard within those two minutes and turn it over again to use it as a remote, it stops working. Seriously.

If I don't receive any help from pulse-eight by the time I return from I return from my business trip in three weeks, I will post video of this hunk of crap being smashed with a hammer. I hate it that much already.

- topfs2 - 2011-07-30

hoodride Wrote:Ubuntu 11.04 + XBMC 10.1 = nyxboard no worky.

If I unplug the usb and plug it back in, it works for 2 minutes. That's it. If I turn the nyxboard over to use the keyboard within those two minutes and turn it over again to use it as a remote, it stops working. Seriously.

If I don't receive any help from pulse-eight by the time I return from I return from my business trip in three weeks, I will post video of this hunk of crap being smashed with a hammer. I hate it that much already.

Just wanted to state that a few friends have had problems with usb mouse/keyboards stop working in Natty. Mostly it doesn't completely stop but just lags behind like a crazy person. Now your problem might very well be hw but just wanted to point that out as it might be worth trying Ubuntu 10.10 if you have a spare disk.

- japius - 2011-07-31

This is on the pulse eight website now:

I’m sorry for the lack of updates regarding anyone’s pre-order those who have emailed in have received essentially the same response as what I’m going to write here.

First off, don’t panic the remotes are still on the way!

As many of you know, we got a small batch of remotes which got dispatched as soon as they arrived out to customers, what we got back from that was there is a small technical problem with some of them. The issue is pairing, sometimes if there is another RF4CE device near by then it will try to pair with that dongle instead of the Motorola dongle. A couple of people who have had this issue managed to overcome it by tricking it into a factory reset. Regardless the issue is less than ideal.

The team at Motorola’s factory have now resolved this issue but it required a modification to the PCB, this has been the bulk of the underlying delay and continues to be the only factor in delaying the build of the remote controls.

I’m told that the lead time on producing these is a couple of weeks. (Shipping from their factory is not going to add much time as we are bringing them over by air).

Essentially at this point, this is what we know. What we have learnt from this experience is that announcing the product and fixing a release time is not advisable when working with Motorola Clearly they are keen to make everyone have a 100% stress free experience and for the remote to just work, 100% of the time. This is good, the net down side however is that it takes time to achieve.

I want to thank everyone who has pre-ordered for their patience and support as the number of people who have ordered before we have stock is truly amazing and far exceeded our expectations. We only hope that we can continue to do this with all of our future innovative products and solutions.

Thanks

Martin Ellis

Pulse-Eight

So......I'm still unclear as to when I will actually get my hands on my remote, but it is at least some type of update......

- falafael - 2011-07-31

Thanks for that martin, will wait patiently for mine!!

- Malard - 2011-07-31

I'm sorry I can't give a more precise date, because I dont have it, once I do, everyone will get it, heck i'll even post the TNT tracking so you can watch the stuff fly over from china!

- hoodride - 2011-08-01

japius Wrote:A couple of people who have had this issue managed to overcome it by tricking it into a factory reset.

So does anyone know this "trick" to reset?

- outleradam - 2011-08-05

I just went to the Pulse-Eight website to get an update and the site is down. Are these remotes vaporware?

- Rixtar - 2011-08-05

Just noticed the same thing myself.......Eek

- oneadvent - 2011-08-05

GONE for me too.... Huh

- oneadvent - 2011-08-05

Its back.

- hoodride - 2011-08-06

So, I just tried the "reset" trick. This does not work for me.

I would not suggest purchasing this hunk of crap. At least until plus-eight and/or motorola decide to pull their heads out of their asses and update the hardware.

- darkscout - 2011-08-06

hoodride Wrote:So, I just tried the "reset" trick. This does not work for me.

I would not suggest purchasing this hunk of shit. At least until plus-eight and/or motorola decide to pull their heads out of their asses and unfuck the hardware.

You placed a pre-order for an unbuilt piece of hardware with unwritten software and an untested PCB design.

I have a bridge to sell you... Promise it's really good.