Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- jatilq - 2010-10-27

I love the added function for TV posters! Thank you it works, but I'm getting force closes when it scrolls to the middle of my list. When I fast scroll to the bottom the images populate, but something in the middle force closes. I'm rebooting the iPad to try again.

I did do a clean install of XBMC Commander.

Force close in movies and tv shows.

Both somewhere near the M section of that means anything.

- grywnn - 2010-10-27

Sounds like the scrolling-while-downloading-images-bug is still there. damn.
Shouldn't happen anymore once all thumbs are cached.

- zepfan - 2010-10-27

grywnn Wrote:zepfan :
I've been looking for a way to change the "repeat" property of playlists, couldn't find one.
There might be the possibility to override the default settings.
Please try adding the following to your advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<myvideos>
   <playlist>
      <repeat>false</repeat>
   </playlist>
</myvideos>
This is taken from here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml#How_to_include_GUI_settings
I havent tested this yet. As far as i can tell this will result in the "repeats" option no longer being visible in video playlist. Personally i could live with that Smile

Thanks, I restarted xbmc a couple times and it was gone, so I guess i just enabled it without realizing it. Thanks though!

- Cheeshead - 2010-10-27

grywnn Wrote:Sounds like the scrolling-while-downloading-images-bug is still there. damn.
Shouldn't happen anymore once all thumbs are cached.

Ya, getting this too.....emailed you my crash logs....hope they help.

Can't view anything really beyond the first page. I try to scroll really slow so it downloads the art for other shows but doesn't make any difference, not too usable at this point.

- Gozar - 2010-10-27

Same to me, scrolling on "Movie","Music" and "tv Series" ends up very Bad :-)
If i can Be of help with a log or a dump, just Tell me so.

- panos_k75 - 2010-10-27

grywnn Wrote:I've had a look into this:
- most of my movies have trailers using Adobes rtmp://... protocol. Well, Adobe. Apple. I don't need to say more.
- a lot of my locally stored trailer use the .flv extension. .flv = flash. Flash. Adobe. Apple. You get it.
- I've added the feature anyway, cause it's way too neat. flv and rtmp are simply filtered out (no trailer button). Other trailers might work, or they might not - in which case the media player simply closes. I currently see no easy way to predict wether a trailer will play or not.

I see! hmm shame.

- zepfan - 2010-10-29

RC works great. The interface is a little sluggish though. Not terrible just an observation. Also the keyboard doesn't work at all for me, maybe it's just aeon skin.

- celevra - 2010-10-29

grywnn Wrote:I've had a look into this:
- most of my movies have trailers using Adobes rtmp://... protocol. Well, Adobe. Apple. I don't need to say more.
- a lot of my locally stored trailer use the .flv extension. .flv = flash. Flash. Adobe. Apple. You get it.
- I've added the feature anyway, cause it's way too neat. flv and rtmp are simply filtered out (no trailer button). Other trailers might work, or they might not - in which case the media player simply closes. I currently see no easy way to predict wether a trailer will play or not.

that should both work with the new vlc app!!!

- grywnn - 2010-10-29

Quote:The interface is a little sluggish though. Not terrible just an observation.
Which part do you mean, scrolling in the library (can't do much here: Thats because of the images loading from cache) or some part of the remote (already on my todo list: Volume slider needs improvement)

Quote:Also the keyboard doesn't work at all for me, maybe it's just aeon skin.
I must admit i haven't done much testing on this part myself. Shouldn't be skin related though, cause i'm sending raw keyboard commands via http api - i'd rather suspect this to be a OS issue. I've got Windows, Linux and OS X at home, i'm going to do some tests this weekend.

Quote:that should both work with the new vlc app!!!
Sadly theres no way to launch vlc from within XBMC commander Sad.

- celevra - 2010-10-29

grywnn Wrote:Sadly theres no way to launch vlc from within XBMC commander Sad.

omg, i have read an specific article again and you are right, safari opens the vlc automaticly but not the app self.
But perhaps this could be a suloution, open a stream url with safari and safari will open vlc.
here is the german article:
http://www.iphone-ticker.de/2010/10/27/videos-und-leser-tipps-akku-ausdauer-am-iphone-4-streams-mit-dem-vlc/

0.5rc1 review - theotocopulitos - 2010-10-29

Hi there!

Everything seems to be working ok in the new version, except this:

bug:
- while playing any video, I press fast forward and the app crashes

request:
- cursor and ok/back buttons to complement suplement swipe, tap and two finger tap gestures - specially this last one is not that accurate! And cursors are not present in iPad default keyboard.

All in all, the best XBMC remote out there!!!! Thanks for the great job!

- theotocopulitos - 2010-10-30

theotocopulitos Wrote:bug:
- while playing any video, I press fast forward and the app crashes

Sorry, this was wrong, it is not FF, but 'sjp to next' button (>, not >>)!

- disolo - 2010-10-30

The new version is looking great.

However, after removing some video files from my tv directory, the tv shows library would not load and would crash the program. After cleaning up the library within XBMC, everything loaded just fine.

Can't wait for the final version.

- steve1977 - 2010-10-31

Any way to already get my hands on it without a jailbroken ipad. I cannot find it in the app-store yet.

I bought about any other ipad/iphone xbmc remote out there and they are all horrible. what i see in this thread, looks quite promising!!!

- GinSoakedBoy - 2010-10-31

This doesn't need a jailbroken iPad. It's not on the iTunes store yet because it's in beta test. The testers have already been sent the RC so it should be ready for the app store pretty soon.