Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - d0m1nation - 2012-09-20

Thinking about switching to android but i dont know how i could live without xbmc commander Sad

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - steve1977 - 2012-09-29

(2010-09-13, 14:38)grywnn Wrote: Since v2.0 got released, i've switched from http api (since it will be deprecated soon) to the event server (faster) for remote control commands.
This requires "allow control by other systems" to be activated on XBMC in system->network.
If you are still having problems, check that Port 9777 (thats the event servers port; you can't change this one) isn't blocked by your firewall.

Quick Q for clarification on above. Which sub-section of system-network are your refering to where I need to "allow control by other systems"? UPNP, webserver, or remote control? Under "remote control", I am getting a xbmc warning message whether I am szure to stop the event server?

On separate note - any plans to implement sabnzbd or trakt support? Would be fantastic!!!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-10-04

Hi there

Lots of problems with the iPad veersion 2.9

1. when you go to the add a new command to the remote and go and press done and enter another command it crashes and goes back to iPads desktop

2. when I wake my computer up from standby using xbmc commander on the older 2.8 version I would hit wake up pc and then it would go to the remote view. The new version does not do that
The problem it causes is
1 it sometimes crashes the remote
2. When it does work it now goes from the wake screen to the remote screen and for a couple of sec goes back to the wake screen and hangs there for a few sec and then back to the remote screen, meaning that its much much slower at responding to the computer that's sitting there with the xbmc up. The older version was just about instant.

The way my xbmc works is that it wakes up from standby and I use a script that shuts down xbmc and reloads it straight away the reason I do this is because I get playback stutter when the computers been in standby and this method fixes that

I think the new version must see that xbmc is open when waking up from standby and going straight to the remote control then when my script closes xbmc down it must go back to the wake up screen but then xbmc has reloaded by that point and it just sits there for a few sec and then goes to the remote control screen.

The older version must of just waited and because when you waked the pc up it hustled stoped on the wake screen and when xbmc loaded up it locked not it within 2 sec.

3 this new version 2.9 seems to crash alot to.

Don't know why you altered this as it did not need fixing and has made the remote less usable I hope you can fix this in the next version as I was lucky I had a back up of the older 2.8 and had to reinstall that version and now everything works perfectly again.

Thanks

Any questions just ask

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - DyStiC - 2012-10-06

I Just installed version 2.9 from 2 October.
Although your website claims that everything should be working for pre-frodo i still got problems with my music library.
I can see my albums but when i open one, i don't see any tracks. I already tried to clear cache but that didn't help.
Any advice?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-10-08

Any info on the problems ? Just wondered what happend to the dev.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - f0qnax - 2012-10-11

Hello,

I've been using XBMC Commander (latest iphone/ipod version, iphone 3gs, ios 5.1.1) with Eden for roughly two weeks now and it's working pretty good. I've encountered two weird bugs though, and I can't be bothered to look through 155 pages to see if someone else has encountered the same thing.

1. When queueing music the controls will flip out. XBMC seems to be registering several left gesture commands per second which makes navigation impossible except for 'back' and 'ok' gesture commands. Sometimes this happens when music is not queued but it stops if a do a gesture. With queued music it won't stop until I restart XBMC or close down XBMC Commander. If I open XBMC Commander again with queued music still playing the problem reappears. This doesn't happen every time I queue music, but often enough to be very irritating.

2. When browsing through pictures XBMC Commander will lose connection every now and then, roughly every tenth picture. It picks up the connection after a while, but still very annoying.

Oh, and I'm using the 'Rapier' skin if that has any relevance. I haven't noticed the problem with the other skins, but then again I've barely used any other skins.

Does anyone know if I can do something to fix this or if I'll have to wait for a new version of XBMC Commander?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - rskadk - 2012-10-16

Do you plan to add a menu, for gathering NETFLIX content? (And play on XBMC, ex. by installing a plugin on XBMC to make it happend)

This could be the ultimate remote, if i could search for netflix + local HD movies at the same time, and play it on my big screen TV...

EDIT:

I can see this can act like a remote for netflix + handling local files.. So it must be possible?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-for-netflix/id457836764?mt=8

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - steve1977 - 2012-10-21

(2012-09-29, 09:49)steve1977 Wrote:
(2010-09-13, 14:38)grywnn Wrote: Since v2.0 got released, i've switched from http api (since it will be deprecated soon) to the event server (faster) for remote control commands.
This requires "allow control by other systems" to be activated on XBMC in system->network.
If you are still having problems, check that Port 9777 (thats the event servers port; you can't change this one) isn't blocked by your firewall.

Quick Q for clarification on above. Which sub-section of system-network are your refering to where I need to "allow control by other systems"? UPNP, webserver, or remote control? Under "remote control", I am getting a xbmc warning message whether I am szure to stop the event server?

On separate note - any plans to implement sabnzbd or trakt support? Would be fantastic!!!

Any thoughts?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - bobrap - 2012-10-28

Is development still continuing?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-11-02

Does not look like it. The last release is just unusable for me full of problems.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - rbcarnevale - 2012-11-03

My app is crashing every time when I try to access movies!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - wingrunr21 - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-02, 21:24)meridius Wrote: Does not look like it. The last release is just unusable for me full of problems.

The latest release was on 10/2/2012. That's not exactly abandoned.

I also get crashing on the movies page but have you guys sent in crash reports?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-11-05

a few quick words from the dev (aka me Smile )
I _think_ i have tracked down the movie crash (wasn't easy). Looks like XBMC sometimes returns an empty set of streamdetails (video format, video resolution etc) for certain movies.
Looks like the app crashes when it encounters one of those. I'll try to fix this asap.

As far as development is concerned:
I'm currently working on PVR support, which turns out to be a little painful, since XBMCs API is far from complete in this area.
Also i'm running a critical deadline on my "day-job" atm and find very little time to spare on the Commander project.

- No idea as for the remote control flip out (continuos movement). Experienced this once myself, not sure what happens there.
- Crashes when editing menu items: Fixed in my local codebase.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Assbass - 2012-11-08

Hi Grwynn,

Have been an enthousiastic user of your iPad and iPhone app. I did bump into one possible suggestion for your app.

I was watching a movie today and I quickly wanter to open IMDB for some background info. To do this I have to open a new instance on my iPad or go to he movie list in your app and press on the IMDB button.

But what would be great if there would be a button on the remote page (e.g. Top right corner) which directly links to the IMDB page of the currently playing movie. This saves some valuable time on fiddling on the iPad while watching the film.

Keep up the good work!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - twilight - 2012-11-09

Hi Grwynn,
is there any chance for a bugfix concerning the missing tracklist of audio-albums (when using the latest XBMC-Commander with the current Frodo nightlies)?

Example:

Apart from that: Thank you for this great app - it finally got me into putting some (a lot) time into organizing my audio-library. Smile

Cheers,
twi