Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- jiver - 2010-11-10

grywnn Wrote:By the way:
Anyone interested in an interface to the picture library (i'm not using it...)?
Did you implement this? I would like that. But even better: what about comics (cbr or cbz files)? It would be awesome to have a comic library in your app as well (streaming the comics to the ipad).

- GinSoakedBoy - 2010-11-10

jiver Wrote:Did you implement this? I would like that. But even better: what about comics (cbr or cbz files)? It would be awesome to have a comic library in your app as well (streaming the comics to the ipad).

The app is a remote, to stream comic files to your iPad would be a huge undertaking for a fairly minority audience. There are already loads of great comic apps for the iPad. I use ComicZeal4 which is a little pricey but well worth the money.

- jiver - 2010-11-10

GinSoakedBoy Wrote:The app is a remote, to stream comic files to your iPad would be a huge undertaking for a fairly minority audience. There are already loads of great comic apps for the iPad. I use ComicZeal4 which is a little pricey but well worth the money.
You're probably right that most users of your app wouldn't care. Looks like a nice app BTW.

I just hoped that someone would make an app that is able to stream comics from a NAS since my comic library is too big to copy to an ipad Big Grin

- GinSoakedBoy - 2010-11-10

jiver Wrote:You're probably right that most users of your app wouldn't care. Looks like a nice app BTW.

I just hoped that someone would make an app that is able to stream comics from a NAS since my comic library is too big to copy to an ipad Big Grin

grywnn is the genius behind this app.

You could always add a few at a time to read. Although, I have an 80gb iPod classic so I don't have to do that with music on my iPhone. Still 16/32/64GB is a lot of space for comics.

- batfink007 - 2010-11-12

grywnn Wrote:But i expect it to be a matter of days from now (as long as it's not rejected...).

It would have been nice to have this to play with over the weekend but oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth waiting for!

- m4t42 - 2010-11-12

Hi grywnn,

Just wondered if you have any plans to do a version for the iPhone/iPod Touch. I'll definitely be buying the iPad version but a lot of the time I'm watching stuff other members of my household (looks hard at wife and youngest son) are using my iPad. It's be handy if I could whip out my iPhone on these occasions.

Thanks for all the work, I'm on tender hooks waiting for this to appear in the App Store.

- grywnn - 2010-11-12

@m4t42,
I know exactly what you're talking about (looks at his wife) Nod
I really like xbmc remote by collect3 for iphone / ipod. The lack of something similar for the ipad made me start developing - although in a slightly different direction... The use of quite a lot "eye candy" makes it ipad-only for now.
I might start on a simplified alternative interface for the ipad (no bookshelf, plain tables). If i do so this should be useable in iphone / ipod too.

@jiver,
GinSoakedBoy is absolutely right.
Although i like the idea of streaming comics to the ipad from a big collection, this is something this app won't be capable of. Too much work for something that's already available by other apps (as far as i know)

Picture library:
Not implemented yet, but will do.

@morrosov:
I've never used webradio myself.
Since XBMC Commanders music library is album-based, webradios (which are represented in XBMC by playlists, right?) won't be displayed. But i'll keep it in mind when i give the music part a revision.

@all:
iTunes status changed from "waiting for revision" to "in revision" yesterday, so i expect to hear from apple soon.

- waltermalter - 2010-11-13

grywnn Wrote:@all:
iTunes status changed from "waiting for revision" to "in revision" yesterday, so i expect to hear from apple soon.

That's good news!

Can't wait to check your app. To have a beauty remote for my XBMC actually was the reason I bought an iPAD. Yet there's still no satisfying app available. The screens at your first post are very promising - Looks really like what I've been waiting for.

I appreciate you spend some time on this!Big Grin

THX,
Walter

- zepfan - 2010-11-16

I can't wait for this! Does the new picture format make scrolling a little smoother?

- grywnn - 2010-11-16

zepfan Wrote:I can't wait for this! Does the new picture format make scrolling a little smoother?

I haven't compared this directly, but i think rather the contrary, since the PNGs are slightly bigger than the JPGs.
The scrolling jitter is due to the fact that file IO seems to block the Graphic a little, even when executed in a background thread.
I'll give this some more research, i find this rather annoying myself.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
XBMC Commander made it to the appstore today.
It "just" took apple full 14 days to review it... phew, bad timing i'd say Rolleyes

DEAR BETA TESTERS
I'd like to keep in touch with you for future releases. The next update (including customizable Menu items on the remote screen) should be ready soon. You can continue using the last beta for now.

- Bkam - 2010-11-16

Grats getting your app approved beed looking forward this app , cant find any other xbmc app for my Ipad i am willing to pay for Smile

Possibly to get a coverflow view for movies ? or more view overall ?

Other themes/colors on your todo list?

Looked at your screenshoot, but can figure out that if i play a movie will i get acess to the button to dl subtitles (its optinal button but all skins have support for it almost )
the subtitles button is a dealbreaker for me Smile i would like to be able to put away my remote and only use my ipad Smile

- grywnn - 2010-11-16

Bkam Wrote:Possibly to get a coverflow view for movies ? or more view overall ?
I've experimented with coverflow.
Apples coverflow API is private, that means apps that make use of it are rejected.
When i started off developing i used an open source coverflow implementation, but ran into loads of performance and memory issues.
My objective c skills have improved a lot since then, but i'd rather focus on additional features (like playlist / picture library support) before giving this another try.

Quote:Other themes/colors on your todo list?
Same as above Cool
Very far to the bottom of my list... but i'm planning on a flat wall like library view right now.

Quote:Looked at your screenshoot, but can figure out that if i play a movie will i get acess to the button to dl subtitles (its optinal button but all skins have support for it almost )
the subtitles button is a dealbreaker for me Smile i would like to be able to put away my remote and only use my ipad Smile
This just gave me the idea of checking wether it is possible to toggle an addon via http / json, which would allow for a one-button-on-ipad-direct-sub-download... a feature i'd use a lot myself. Should be possible Nod
Right now you can go to the remote screen, double tap to open the osd, and navigate to the sub-button by using swipe gestures on the ipad. So the answer is: Yes, you can.

- Bkam - 2010-11-16

thx for you answer Smile

I guess apple is apple and have things they dont want to share sadly :/
yea more functions is never wrong thing to do Smile soo i understand if you
make that before colors/themes (is it alot of work just to be able to change the wood look for any other color )

alot if skin goes banans if you use a mouse and a guess swipe uses the mouse?
But i really like what you wrote that be able to dl subes from the ipad itself Smile

I guess this app is wroth buying just to test it out myself Smile

- grywnn - 2010-11-16

No swipe generates up/down/left/right keypress events, and only one at a time.
Two finger swipe generate a key event for every ~20 pixel you move.

I've been a mouseless XBMC user from day one. Big Grin

Bug: No covers for movies in a set - sfar - 2010-11-16

I just installed XBMC on my iPad and it looks great! One problem though; when I select a multi-disc set I see no covers on the movies in the set. Otherwise the covers display nicely.