Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2010-11-19

Bkam Wrote:then i can add a request to your todo list Smile , have an option to use no covers on them at all
I suppose you mean cases.
Now THATS an easy one Big Grin

- Bkam - 2010-11-19

grywnn Wrote:I suppose you mean cases.
Now THATS an easy one Big Grin

Oo haha yea , remove the covers dont sound like any good ide Wink

btw you have a nice animation when i click on something and it open up, but when i close it just close disappear would is be possibly to have the
same animation on close to ?

- GinSoakedBoy - 2010-11-19

grywnn Wrote:WOL is a little bit more complex than one might think, but i've already bookmarked an open source WOL library for this.

Just added another feature to the top my todo list:
Sanity checking.
After receiving my first 1-star rating on the canadian market from someone who almost certainly
- used 9.11
- didn't set up his data source correctly in XBMC
- didn't read the setup instructions on the webpage
I'll add something that checks for the first two point and redirects to the third.

Stupid people will always give 1-star ratings instead of admitting they didn't real the instructions. For what it's worth I found the setup for getting XBMC Commander working to be very easy and I'm sure most of the people here have found it the same.

- d3ll - 2010-11-19

grywnn Wrote:This has been discussed before...<SNIP>

Ah sorry about that, ive been following the thread but must have missed it.

Never mind, it runs really smoothly atm so I can understand you not wanting to jepordise that, here's hoping the api gets improved Smile

- grywnn - 2010-11-19

Quote:Ah sorry about that, ive been following the thread but must have missed it.
Never mind Cool

Question to all WOL interested:
Would it be sufficient to send a WOL magic packet on app startup if only one XBMC server is set up, or whenever you switch server if you have more than one - without any further user action needed?
Or would you prefer button you'd have to press?

...thinking about it, i could do both and add a corresponding system setting...

What do you think?

- GinSoakedBoy - 2010-11-19

grywnn Wrote:Would it be sufficient to send a WOL magic packet on app startup if only one XBMC server is set up, or whenever you switch server if you have more than one - without any further user action needed?

What do you think?

Considering iOS 4.2 and mult-tasking is just around the corner having a button may be more useful, so people can send a WOL command after bringing the app up from backround running.

- grywnn - 2010-11-19

Good point.

- zepfan - 2010-11-19

grywnn Wrote:WOL is a little bit more complex than one might think, but i've already bookmarked an open source WOL library for this.
Really? I just assumed it was a packet! Oh well not a big deal!
Quote:Just added another feature to the top my todo list:
Sanity checking.
After receiving my first 1-star rating on the canadian market from someone who almost certainly
- used 9.11
- didn't set up his data source correctly in XBMC
- didn't read the setup instructions on the webpage
I'll add something that checks for the first two point and redirects to the third.
Just purchased and added a review!

- zepfan - 2010-11-19

grywnn Wrote:Never mind Cool

Would it be sufficient to send a WOL magic packet on app startup if only one XBMC server is set up, or whenever you switch server if you have more than one - without any further user action needed?

What do you think?
I'd prefer a button, but really anything works!

- subvertbeats - 2010-11-19

grywnn Wrote:Never mind Cool

What do you think?

both would be ideal Smile

- Darkf - 2010-11-21

Hi!
Thanks for your app. Looks better than iXBMC which I used before.
I have a problem though and couple of wishes.

"Music" button crashes my app every time I press it. I can't enter music section at all. I tried clearing cache, removing my music sources in xbmc.

As to the wishes - will it be possible to add Audio track button in remote control menu to choose audio track without entering OSD?
Also, can you add virtual keyboard too, please? For some reason the only action I can perform when entering text when naming movie, for example, is double tap which deletes character, therefore I must use iXBMC which has virtual keyboard and then your app again.

Oh, and I use modified keyboard.XML (I had to remove f and space key bindings for various reasons). Space is the key that pauses playback in xbmc and f fast forwards playback. I assume your app uses space and f keys, because my pause and fforward buttons do not work. Not a big problem, just something I thought you should know.

- zepfan - 2010-11-21

I don't speark for grywnn but maybe I can help.
I think he said the keyboard will be back at some point. It was in the beta but removed when it was added to the app store.

Also about the music crash, are you using Darmha? Are they added to library not just as a source?

- Darkf - 2010-11-21

zepfan Wrote:I don't speark for grywnn but maybe I can help.
I think he said the keyboard will be back at some point. It was in the beta but removed when it was added to the app store.

Also about the music crash, are you using Darmha? Are they added to library not just as a source?

Yes, Dharma, 10.0-beta4
I have turned on library mode after adding source, just like it says in the manual. App crashes even when there are no music sources at all.

- zepfan - 2010-11-21

Darkf Wrote:Yes, Dharma, 10.0-beta4
I have turned on library mode after adding source, just like it says in the manual. App crashes even when there are no music sources at all.

I'm not sure if its necessary but did you scan for artist info? I don't know anything about the app coding but maybe its a picture error on the xbmc server end.
I'm sure you did but try restarting the ipad, it helps to clear memory issues.

- Darkf - 2010-11-21

zepfan Wrote:I'm not sure if its necessary but did you scan for artist info? I don't know anything about the app coding but maybe its a picture error on the xbmc server end.
I'm sure you did but try restarting the ipad, it helps to clear memory issues.

What I did to try to resolve my issue:
Deleted xbmc mymusic data file. Started xbmc, app crashed with no music sources.
Added single album and turned on library mode. App crashed. Downloaded album and artist info, app still crashed.
Restarting ipad doesn't help. Since app crashes when there are no sources selected, I assume this is not an issue of corrupted music database (I also changed xbmc to portable mode and back just to make sure, since different modes use different databases, but app still crashed).

I just downloaded latest xbmc version rc1 and installed it on a different computer. No changes to default installation settings were made other than setting up webserver. No sources were added. App still crashes when I press Music.

P.S. Well, apparently my first app download was corrupted or something. Even after full reset when I installed app from computer. it did not work. I deleted it from iPad and downloaded it on iPad again. Problem is gone now. Strange, never saw something like that happening.