Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

Fullscreen and tab - Gozar - 2010-12-04

My fault. The fullscreen Button was Not configured to send a Tab Key.
Sorry.
Thanks anyway, you Pointed me in the right Direktion.

Your Support is incredible fast. Eek

- Jarny - 2010-12-04

Hello grywnn
At the moment I'm trying to use XBMC Commander as a smart controllcenter for my music collection (without power on my TV). I have MANY titles on my harddrive. Most titles are tagged very well but there are also many titles which are tagged lousy. So I really need a 'filemode' to browse at my whole collection.
An other point is: How can I view the current playlist? I can add titles to the playlist but I can't see that playlist. This is very crazy and a little bit useless.

So my feature wishlist ;-) is:
1) filemode for fast browsing in file/directory oriented music collections
2) View current playlist

Some little ideas to improve handling:
The 'play' and 'add' symbols should showed directly behind a title instead of collapsing the symbols by tapping on the title. That saves on finger tap per selection.

Regards
Jarny

- drunkendragon - 2010-12-05

I second the filemode function and then i'll buy it for sure!

- subvertbeats - 2010-12-06

grywnn Wrote:Damn i need to make this clearer somewhere...
Don't confuse "fullscreen" with "maximize".
The "fullscreen" button doesn't make XBMC itself go fullscreen, but toggles between fullscreen video and menu overlay (same as hitting "tab").

Anyone got a good idea on how to rename this button to make this clear?

Hi Grywnn

I think it was me who first raised this question.
My suggestion would be to rename this button to 'Toggle Overlay'

FWIW I know you are adding custom keyboard shortcuts soon to enable 'Alt-Enter' fullscreen (or any other shortcuts) but I would think that wanting to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode is something that most people would find indispensible and deserves some dedicated placement in the GUI.
Just IMHO, maybe Im missing something simple about how others are using their XBMC installs.

PS: PMs Smile

- efty.edge - 2010-12-06

Hi grywnn.

First i would like to thank you for this very impressive piece of software. As i wrote a few weeks before no other XBMC Remote app has this functionality and great looking interface. Thanx for that and go on.

I bought the App as V1.0 last week over the AppStore. In this thread everyone talks about V1.6 Beta as the latest one. So i have two questions:

When will V1.6 be available in the Store and in the meantime can i subscribe as a beta tester.

Thanx you again.

Efty

- grywnn - 2010-12-06

Phew 2 days offline and a lot of stuff to respond to Smile

Lets go through it backwards:

Quote:When will V1.6 be available in the Store and in the meantime can i subscribe as a beta tester.
I've submitted 1.6 to apple 4 days ago. It took them 10 days to review the initial release, but i've been told that updates are processed faster. So if they don't object to anything the update should be available within the next week i guess.

Quote:I think it was me who first raised this question.
My suggestion would be to rename this button to 'Toggle Overlay'
Hm i'll give it a thought.

Quote:FWIW I know you are adding custom keyboard shortcuts soon to enable 'Alt-Enter' fullscreen (or any other shortcuts) but I would think that wanting to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode is something that most people would find indispensible and deserves some dedicated placement in the GUI.
Just IMHO, maybe Im missing something simple about how others are using their XBMC installs.
Speaking for myself:
I've got my XBMC setup up to start fullscreen (Settings->System->Video Output->Display Mode), so the problem never arises.
Concerning keyboard shortcuts: The app can only send keyboard commands to XBMC, not to the underlying OS. So stuff like "alt+tab" or "alt+enter" won't work - and there's nothing i can do about it.

Quote:1) filemode for fast browsing in file/directory oriented music collections
2) View current playlist
Both mentioned a few times, both an my todo list.

Quote:Some little ideas to improve handling:
The 'play' and 'add' symbols should showed directly behind a title instead of collapsing the symbols by tapping on the title. That saves on finger tap per selection.
Tried it when i started with the tracklists, but the list gets far too crowded with buttons this way. Additionally, collapsing the buttons allows to add additional ones in the future Wink

- brownstein - 2010-12-06

FYI,
I thought it was worth mentioning that this remote app uses your apps name on its webpage http://royalmobile.eu/. At the bottom under "About" it says "What is XBMC Commander?"

Forum Thread

It looks unintentional, almost like he borrowed a template for the website off of you or something and forgot to change some of the text. Nevertheless, it may create confusion for some.

- zepfan - 2010-12-07

brownstein Wrote:FYI,
I thought it was worth mentioning that this remote app uses your apps name on its webpage http://royalmobile.eu/. At the bottom under "About" it says "What is XBMC Commander?"

Forum Thread

It looks unintentional, almost like he borrowed a template for the website off of you or something and forgot to change some of the text. Nevertheless, it may create confusion for some.

Wow. That app is a complete rip off of the XBMC android remote.

- reyazi - 2010-12-08

I just bought the app, and I must say it is one amazing app with a lot of potential!!!

Thanks to the developer and community to make this happen.

I usually see myself using the search feature a lot in XBMC. I would really love if this app could do the same search capabilities as XBMC. (I.e. Actor search, director etc.)

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thanks and keep up the great work

- fantoma - 2010-12-08

grywnn Wrote:Ah and:
Music videos just made it onto my todo list Wink

Thank you very much. Wonderful.....

- subvertbeats - 2010-12-09

grywnn Wrote:Speaking for myself:
I've got my XBMC setup up to start fullscreen (Settings->System->Video Output->Display Mode), so the problem never arises.
Concerning keyboard shortcuts: The app can only send keyboard commands to XBMC, not to the underlying OS. So stuff like "alt+tab" or "alt+enter" won't work - and there's nothing i can do about it.

Hi Grywnn

Thanks for the reply. I use my media centre PC for lots more than just a media centre, so being able to quickly toggle is useful.

One thought I originally had was to send key 199 through the HTTP API

Code:
#define ACTION_TOGGLE_FULLSCREEN      199 // switch 2 desktop resolution

per

http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xbmc/trunk/guilib/Key.h?view=markup

Though as I understand it the HTTP API is deprecated with Dharma, and keypresses should be handled using the Event Server.

system/keymaps/keyboard.xml contains an entry for the '\' key to perform 'ToggleFullScreen' which does what I need.

So I should be able to use your configurable keypresses to define a Commander shortcut for this.

- markdt098 - 2010-12-10

Awesome, the update came out today! I'm so glad multi-tasking is working now. Also glad to see that the developer is so active within the community. Good work, I'll be sure to give it 5 stars. Keep it up!

Playing with the new version - how do I get the new alternate layout? - clipper99 - 2010-12-10

Still trying to figure this out. Trying to get the newfangled view for the movies...the one without the cases and bookshelf. Nerd

Cheers

- grywnn - 2010-12-10

I've got the strong feeling i'll have to post this a few times... Wink
- close the app
- open the ipads settings
- look for "commander" in the left column
- voila

- clipper99 - 2010-12-10

Man, that is some seriously FAST tech support. Awesome and thank you thank you thank you! Big Grin