Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- sho - 2010-12-14

grywnn Wrote:Since this seems to be platform dependent, i'd suspect this a XBMC issue.
I'll try to reproduce this anyway, and see if i can do something about it.
I doubt it, since the offending movie was never scanned on the test (win) machine.
I am not able to test right now. (but have no doubts it will fail in the same manner)

grywnn Wrote:Not very confident with this myself, suggestions welcome. Tried "set", but thats somehow to short to look good on the badge. "movieset" might be a solution?
Multidisc to me sounds like a stack (one movie in many files or disks). For lack of something better, I suggest Movie Set, while not perfect is the XBMC term.

- grywnn - 2010-12-14

sho Wrote:I doubt it, since the offending movie was never scanned on the test (win) machine.
I am not able to test right now. (but have no doubts it will fail in the same manner)
Ah sorry, misunderstood you. Thought you had the same items on your test machine as on your primary machine Cool
What OS is your primary running? I've tried to reproduce the problem on my OS X testing server (added a single movie with an "í" in the filename) - no problems, movie showed fine.
Gonna do some more testing myself though.

sho Wrote:Multidisc to me sounds like a stack (one movie in many files or disks). For lack of something better, I suggest Movie Set, while not perfect is the XBMC term.
Yeah, best stick with the XBMC term to make it a consistent experience. I'll change that for the next release.

- stoli - 2010-12-14

sho Wrote:Multidisc to me sounds like a stack (one movie in many files or disks). For lack of something better, I suggest Movie Set, while not perfect is the XBMC term.

grywnn Wrote:Yeah, best stick with the XBMC term to make it a consistent experience. I'll change that for the next release.

Splitting hairs here, but isn't Movie Series more accurate? Then again, Boxed Set is the marketing term most often used for a single Movie Collection sold as a Set. Big Grin

- sho - 2010-12-14

Movie Series I could live with, boxed set indicates a specific marketing packaging. (You can have versions from different sources in an XBMC Movie Set)

- mobious - 2010-12-14

Suggestion with the recently added for movies and tv shows. Is there any way the app can reflect on the settings of xbmc itself? For example the default is to show 25 movies in the recently added section for xbmc. Why is it not the same with the app?

- AgeOfPanic - 2010-12-14

I just cheated on you with the iRemote HD, but couldn't wait to get back Wink. However, I did like the movie layout with a list on the left and then movie info with the poster etc on the right.
I know that right now you are working on adding a lot of new features and they are great, WOL is now working perfectly for me, but maybe a suggestion for the feature.

- Bongu - 2010-12-14

I'm having trouble getting XBMC Commander to connect. I'm pretty sure the issue is on my side and not with Commander but I thought maybe somebody around here could help me figure this out.

My PC is connected via ethernet and my iPad is connected through wi-fi to an access point that is also connected to the main router. The wi-fi network is being created by my main router and the access point is part of a roaming network. I get a Time Out error when I put in the ip address of the PC in Commander.

If I unplug the ethernet cable from my computer and it then connects to the network through the roaming wi-fi network, Commander can connect to XBMC without any issues (after I change the ip address since it is different connected via ethernet vs. wireless). I do want though to get it to work with my PC connected through ethernet.

I know the iPad can connect to the PC with the PC on through ethernet and the iPad through this wi-fi roaming network b/c I am doing that with a different program without any issues. Any ideas on why XBMC Commander is timing out this way?

Thanks for the help.

- BigCheese - 2010-12-15

@Bongu: same subnetwork ? only the last digit of the IP adress is different between ethernet pc and wifi ipad? if not, you have to setup the gateway probably on the wifi accesspoint I think...
Perhaps you have to post the different IPs and subnetmasks and gateway IPs of your devices?

cheers,
bigcheese

- Bongu - 2010-12-15

BigCheese Wrote:@Bongu: same subnetwork ? only the last digit of the IP adress is different between ethernet pc and wifi ipad? if not, you have to setup the gateway probably on the wifi accesspoint I think...
Perhaps you have to post the different IPs and subnetmasks and gateway IPs of your devices?

cheers,
bigcheese

Yes they are on the same subnet. It doesn't work when the IP of the computer is 10.0.1.11 (wired) but does when the IP of the PC is 10.0.1.52 (wireless).

- acbeef - 2010-12-15

Finally purchased the app and am very pleased with it....
Some suggestions, what would you think about and alphabetic scroller on the right side similar to the ipod functionality?
Also any plans to allow for searching indv songs within the music section? It seems like its limited to album artists.
I had also mentioned before possibly tying this into air video or having something similar to be able to play all of this media on the iPad itself or start on tv. That would push this app to the next level. It would be very close to actually having an xbmc client on the iPad.

I appreciate the active development and I am just offering some feedback

- panos10 - 2010-12-15

Hi grywnn,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for the great app. Even though everything worked perfectly when I first installed the app (v.1) on XBMC RC1, I have started having the same problem as the one reported earlier by some other users namely, my movies section emply while the music and tv section seem to be properly updated. I am not sure exactly when the problem started happening but it might be connected to the fact that during these days I have updated to XBMC RC2 and/or I installed the latest version of the app. I ran XBMC on my MAC mini (OSX 10.6.5). Was there a solution to this problem? I have seen that one of the users reported solving the issue by remaning one of the movies in the database but I do not know the rules of naming for the app to apply this solution in my case.

Thanking in advance
Panos10

- Ethendrel - 2010-12-16

panos10 Wrote:Hi grywnn,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for the great app. Even though everything worked perfectly when I first installed the app (v.1) on XBMC RC1, I have started having the same problem as the one reported earlier by some other users namely, my movies section emply while the music and tv section seem to be properly updated. I am not sure exactly when the problem started happening but it might be connected to the fact that during these days I have updated to XBMC RC2 and/or I installed the latest version of the app. I ran XBMC on my MAC mini (OSX 10.6.5). Was there a solution to this problem? I have seen that one of the users reported solving the issue by remaning one of the movies in the database but I do not know the rules of naming for the app to apply this solution in my case.

Thanking in advance
Panos10

hi, i was the other one who had that problem and also tracked it down on "bad" characters in a movie-file name. renaming solved it for me too.

- panos10 - 2010-12-16

Hi Ethendrel,

Which character was the one creating the problem for you? Was the corresponding title appearing as it should in your XBMC film database?

Best regards
panos10

- Darkf - 2010-12-18

Hi there. One issue surfaced today. When browsing, some movies do not respond when tapped. The only way to view movie info and show play button is to tap the very bottom of movie cover. This happens only to a very small number of movies in both library skins.

- BigCheese - 2010-12-18

HI,

how about the Feature, starting XBMC remotely if not startet on the Computer? WoL is already there, but starting XBMC would be great too Smile

cheers,
bigcheese