Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- phyrros1 - 2011-01-28

AgeOfPanic Wrote:OK. I will try this as soon as I get home. I know that XBMC never really updates it's cache, so maybe that still contains a poster.

You also need to clear the cache of the XBMC commander

- clipper99 - 2011-01-28

grywnn Wrote:Just to be sure:
You're both running XBMC on Windows with a local picture source, right?

I am.

Cheers

- Slipx - 2011-01-28

grywnn Wrote:Just to be sure:
You're both running XBMC on Windows with a local picture source, right?

Yup

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-01-28

I got it fixed. First thing I did was delete all the folder.jpg for my tv-shows and then had MediaCompanion redownload them as banners. I already had done that for the season-all.tbn. I don't know which one of the two XBMC uses to create new thumbnails, but just to be sure both of them are now the same banner. Then I deleted all the files in XBMC thumbnail cache.
Finally I cleared the cache in Commander the Android app and now everything shows up as a banner. Thanks for your help guys.

- steve1977 - 2011-01-30

Have a feature request - any chance to get an offline mode to show off the library when away from home?

- x-com - 2011-01-30

I have the same problem as "clipper99" and "Slipx". XBMC Commander won't load pictures in file browsing mode. The images are stored on the local hard drive.

System: XBMC 10.0 on WinXP SP3, XBMC Commander 1.8.1 on iOS 4.2.1

- Zero1 - 2011-01-30

steve1977 Wrote:Have a feature request - any chance to get an offline mode to show off the library when away from home?

+1 on this. Would be a great feature to add to a great app Smile

- peter_rjs - 2011-01-30

Grywnn,

Brilliant app - the new playlist feature is excellent!

I have noticed that when deleting tracks from the playlist, sometimes the app will crash. Maybe it's just my installation? (It only happens sometimes).

Two requests I have;
1. would it be possible to move tracks around in the playlist? Like drag and move to a different place in the order?

2. Would it be possible to save these playlists and call them back up another time?

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-01-31

Somehow Commander seems to use album covers for the artist in the music section. Don't know why, it worked fine before. Is this a change in the app?

- grywnn - 2011-01-31

Quote:Have a feature request - any chance to get an offline mode to show off the library when away from home?
Just found out that while working on the simulator, this is buggy on the device.
Right now there seems to be the issue that sometimes cached data only gets displayed when the original http request times out, which can take quite some time. I'm currently looking into this, should be fixed with the next release.
One limitation this will have though:
Data like thumbnails or movie details only gets cached once they are displayed (greatly improves performance!!), so items you haven't browsed to while online won't be available when offline.

Quote:I have noticed that when deleting tracks from the playlist, sometimes the app will crash. Maybe it's just my installation? (It only happens sometimes).
Crashlog to info(at)xbmc-commander.com please Smile

Quote:1. would it be possible to move tracks around in the playlist? Like drag and move to a different place in the order?
Not right now. This is a XBMC limitation that will be removed with v11.0.
Once 11.0 is out, i'll add this feature.

Quote:2. Would it be possible to save these playlists and call them back up another time?
There's no way to save/load playlists in XBMC via remote.
Saving it on the ipad should be possible, would this be sufficient?

Quote:Somehow Commander seems to use album covers for the artist in the music section. Don't know why, it worked fine before. Is this a change in the app?
I'm using an album cover if XBMC doesn't offer me an artist thumbnail, so this is what must be happening.
When browsing your music library on your htpc, are your artists thumbs still there?

- steve1977 - 2011-01-31

grywnn Wrote:Just found out that while working on the simulator, this is buggy on the device.
Right now there seems to be the issue that sometimes cached data only gets displayed when the original http request times out, which can take quite some time. I'm currently looking into this, should be fixed with the next release.
One limitation this will have though:
Data like thumbnails or movie details only gets cached once they are displayed (greatly improves performance!!), so items you haven't browsed to while online won't be available when offline.

Thanks, sounds promising! Any chance to add an option "cache all videos and music". This function would be great for both the online- as well as the new offline-mode. Thanks!

- AgeOfPanic - 2011-02-01

grywnn Wrote:I'm using an album cover if XBMC doesn't offer me an artist thumbnail, so this is what must be happening.
When browsing your music library on your htpc, are your artists thumbs still there?
That was it. Thanks. Still dealing with the aftermath of me deleting all the XBMC thumbnails.

- thomash72 - 2011-02-01

Feature request: When deleting an song entry in the playlist, the swipe gesture is sometimes mistaken for a "select". This results in the playlist being irrevokable changed since XBMC then play the song you would like to delete. This is especially annoying when running party mode, since the result is that all songs prior to the one you "deleted" disappears. Is there any way to make delete a bit more robust, so that you don't risk destroying your carefully built up playlist everytime you try to delete an entry?

- nifter53 - 2011-02-02

Can xbmc commander be used to control the atv2 with xbmc on it? I don't seethe setting on the atv2 in xbmc to set a porter user/pass like the tutorial shows. Am I missing some add-on?

- grywnn - 2011-02-02

nifter53 Wrote:Can xbmc commander be used to control the atv2 with xbmc on it? I don't seethe setting on the atv2 in xbmc to set a porter user/pass like the tutorial shows. Am I missing some add-on?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91581
...first point.
As soon as this is fixed / added it should work out of the box.