Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- rootyb - 2011-03-02

Very pretty app.

Can I make you a new icon, though? Smile

No charge. I just want a prettier icon on my home screen, lol

Since I often forget to check back on posts I make (and hate thread notifications), feel free to e-mail me if you're interested.

rootyb at gmail

- fufubar - 2011-03-02

grywnn Wrote:Don't worry, i didn't Smile
No, i don't keep an app side playlist. Wouldn't make much sense, since playback would stop once the app goes offline, or you add an item by some other means.
Yup, that is a totally logical and valid point RoflRolleyesRofl

grywnn Wrote:If one is using the filename, XBMC knows nothing about the metadata like fanart. If you add it by database id, it should know about it.
Hm strange behavior, don't you think? One should assume both are just pointers to an entry in some kind of relational database. How actually does XBMC handle/store it's internal data?

grywnn Wrote:{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "System.getInfoLabels", "params": ["MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)"], "id": "1"}.
When i use JSON to playback something, fanart info is missing on the later command.
This is clearly a bug with XBMC, i'l post it on the developer subforum.
My JsON is a little bit rusty (personally I prefer RDF annotation, since it accounts for semantics, but thats another topic, and probably for another boardWink)... Is the fanart parameter missing or given as simple type? Because according according to the reference it has to be an array or object (just: WhyHuh), which probably makes a good source for such a bug.
Well, lets hope - at least for my sake - they'll fix this soon.

Regards.

Edit: just by reading over the reference: couldn't you use Playlist.SWAP for reordering the Playlist? (not that I need this feature, just remember someone asking for it). And, am I getting this right, their is no rpc for persisting a virtual playlist?

- zepfan - 2011-03-02

The newest beta has no way to go back in season view list style.

- codex70 - 2011-03-02

Just a +1 to the earlier request to port to iPhone. Not happy with current iPhone remote, looking to get ipad2 when it comes out and it would be great to have the same remote interface on phone and ipad.

Also noticed an earlier post with comments about issues running mysql backend. Any info on whether this works or not? Sorry can't try it out until I get ipad!

- grywnn - 2011-03-02

meridius Wrote:Just woundering does the ipad remote wake up the pc when it's in sleep mode.
It does, if you enter your htpcs mac in the setup.

Quote:Can I make you a new icon, though?
I must admit i like the one i'm using right now, but suggestions are welcome Smile

Quote:Hm strange behavior, don't you think? One should assume both are just pointers to an entry in some kind of relational database. How actually does XBMC handle/store it's internal data?
I think in file mode xbmc doesn't bother to check whether an item exists in the db. Don't know though, i'm not firm with all internals.

Quote:My JsON is a little bit rusty (personally I prefer RDF annotation, since it accounts for semantics, but thats another topic, and probably for another board)... Is the fanart parameter missing or given as simple type? Because according according to the reference it has to be an array or object (just: Why), which probably makes a good source for such a bug.
"MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)" isn't a function call in this context, but just a string parameter passed to System.getInfoLabels.
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels
InfoLabels are used by skins to query various data, and apparently this one is empty when adding an item by json...

Quote:Just by reading over the reference: couldn't you use Playlist.SWAP for reordering the Playlist? (not that I need this feature, just remember someone asking for it). And, am I getting this right, their is no rpc for persisting a virtual playlist?
I'm not using virtual playlists, but just the "plain" AudioPlaylist / VideoPlaylist.
The "Swap" command isn't available for these atm, but will be added in the next XBMC release. I'll add playlist reordering then.

Quote:The newest beta has no way to go back in season view list style.
Go back from where to where exactly?
Banner with Seasons opened: Just tap on the banner again to contract the seasons, or scroll up/down for the other shows.
Posters: There should be a "tv shows" button in the navigation bar.
Details: There's the "x" for closing in the top right.

Quote:Just a +1 to the earlier request to port to iPhone. Not happy with current iPhone remote, looking to get ipad2 when it comes out and it would be great to have the same remote interface on phone and ipad.
I'm on it.
Works pretty good already.
Still needs some polishing though, but should be available in a few weeks.

Quote:Also noticed an earlier post with comments about issues running mysql backend. Any info on whether this works or not? Sorry can't try it out until I get ipad!
I've tried a mysql backend myself - no problems.
Haven't heard of the problems again, so my current guess is that the problems resolved themselves somehow.

@all:
I'll be on vacation for the next week.

- zepfan - 2011-03-02

grywnn Wrote:Go back from where to where exactly?
Banner with Seasons opened: Just tap on the banner again to contract the seasons, or scroll up/down for the other shows.
Posters: There should be a "tv shows" button in the navigation bar.
Details: There's the "x" for closing in the top right.

I had the default view style, clicked a tv show, then when the seasons were displayed changed the view style to list, and couldn't go back. I had to restart. No button on the top. I'll see if I can duplicate and take a screen shot.

Track listing - dibsta - 2011-03-03

Hi all Great App
My issue I have is with the music everything works perfect apart from when I click on a album it shows track listing but every track is double.
For example
Lady Gaga
1 Bad Romance
1 Bad Romance
Every track on every album is like this album shows up ok in xbmc I've also cleared cache in xbmc and xbmc commander still no joy can anyone help
Cheers

- zepfan - 2011-03-03

zepfan Wrote:I had the default view style, clicked a tv show, then when the seasons were displayed changed the view style to list, and couldn't go back. I had to restart. No button on the top. I'll see if I can duplicate and take a screen shot.

Here's a screen shot of what I mean

- robertvg - 2011-03-04

Have tested the app (and all other xbmc remote control apps), I like the look and feel and the option to cache the library for offline mode. But there is something that fascinates me; why is it so difficult to buildin functionality to create and manage playlists Huh I would simply like to queue a couple of songs or perhaps albums, and then if I like the selection save that as a playlist. Or start a playlist, and if I do'n like a song remove it from the list or re-order and save the playlist again.
None of all the remote apps have this, why ??

Media library - Dolledd - 2011-03-04

Hi, this seems to be an amazing app.

But, Are there any way to use it as a "only Movie library" and take away/disable the play buttons and other pages that I don't want to use?

Thanks,
Dolfren

- zepfan - 2011-03-04

Dolledd Wrote:Hi, this seems to be an amazing app.

But, Are there any way to use it as a "only Movie library" and take away/disable the play buttons and other pages that I don't want to use?

Thanks,
Dolfren

He's on vacation, but I think he said he was looking into that at one point. I'm hopeful too as i don't use playlists/files.

- grywnn - 2011-03-04

On vacation: Yes.
Completely offline: No Smile

robertvg Wrote:But there is something that fascinates me; why is it so difficult to buildin functionality to create and manage playlists Huh I would simply like to queue a couple of songs or perhaps albums, and then if I like the selection save that as a playlist. Or start a playlist, and if I do'n like a song remove it from the list or re-order and save the playlist again.
None of all the remote apps have this, why ??
That's because the playlist implementation in XBMC is a total mess, and the interface for external remotes is even worse.

Quote from a different thread:
Quote:The current playlist implementation/representation in json rpc has many (design) flaws and there are lots of unsupported things and it will hopefully be completely rewritten for the next release (if there's enough time). Until then it might be the safest approach not to use the Playlist methods (except SkipPrevious, SkipNext, GetItems, Clear, Shuffle and UnShuffle which should work as expected).

We're sorry for the inconvenience and hope to provide a much better solution in the next version
Count on it: I'll add any functionality as soon as it is available through XBMCs JSON interface.

Quote:But, Are there any way to use it as a "only Movie library" and take away/disable the play buttons and other pages that I don't want to use?
Long story short: Not as easy as one might think. I'll give it some thought.

Quote:I had the default view style, clicked a tv show, then when the seasons were displayed changed the view style to list, and couldn't go back. I had to restart. No button on the top. I'll see if I can duplicate and take a screen shot.
OK now this one has to wait till i'm back home next week Smile

- Dolledd - 2011-03-04

Quote:Long story short: Not as easy as one might think. I'll give it some thought.

Hi

hope you figure out a way to do it. The reason I want it is that I have a win7 in a vm environment that updates the library (against a sql db) - and that's all it actually does, so it is not meant for view movies etc on, since there no display connected to it.

I installed the xbmc on my wifes iPad and the first thing she did was press play Sad.

- x-com - 2011-03-04

got some issues with the tv-shows. display mode is set to posters. but xbmc commander takes banners and squeezes them to poster size.

i've deleted the posters in xbmc and reloaded them from the internet. cleaned the cache in xbmc commander and reloaded. but the pictures remain squeezed in xbmc commander. xbmc itself and other remote apps (for example xbmotec) display them correctly.

any idea what i'm doing wrong?

- zepfan - 2011-03-05

grywnn Wrote:OK now this one has to wait till i'm back home next week Smile

hey no rush, I don't use that view. Was just playing around. Enjoy vacation!!