Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- Bkam - 2011-05-06

Just got My iPad 2 now and commander is alot smoother and faster Smile

- Montevideo - 2011-05-06

waltermalter Wrote:Glad to read that you're working on the crashes. I still face plenty of crashes, mostly when in the music library. So looking forward to test the next build

Me too - use the music library a lot and it is definitely the area with the most problems that I've come across...

Files listing not populating? - jjcantab - 2011-05-07

Hi -- apologies if this is a newbie question, but I'm having trouble getting XBMC Commander to populate a large folder's file listing. (The folder sits on a network storage device.)

A couple of other folders on the same device with a small number of files in them work, but one in which I have a lot of files (about 1,400) will just cause the wheel to spin a little and then disappear without displaying any items.

Is there a limit to the number of items in a folder that XBMC Commander can comfortably display?

- Bas. - 2011-05-07

I love your app, but is there an way to use the xmbc subtitle plugin? I can't find out how to get it to work.

- grywnn - 2011-05-07

@waltermalter
Last played would be a valid addition, can't promise anything, but i'll have a look at it.
Track search is still lingering somewhere at the horizon. Right now, using JSON, i'd still have to download a full library track list.
I've already got memory problems that i need to solve first (these are your crashes guys) before i can add this.

@Montevideo:
The crashes seem to be related to memory issues. I Need to optimize further...

@jjcantab:
Theoretically theres no limit.
Might be that the http request takes to long and times out.
btw: You're not using a nightly build, are you?

@bas:
XBMC offers no external interface to addons (yet?), so i've got no way to access the subtitle addon. You'll have to access it the way you'd do with a "regular" remote, that is go through xbmcs osd.

- pigeldi - 2011-05-08

Why does xbmc commander require at least iOS 3.2? This locks my first generation iPhone out, so I'll have to stick to other xbmc remotes...

- grywnn - 2011-05-08

The gesture recognizer classes i'm using are only available in iOS >= 3.2.

But anyway, i've tried the app on my good old iPhone 3G once, and believe me: It was no fun at all. Scrolling is far from smooth, and the device has too little memory to handle big libraries.

- meridius - 2011-05-08

Hi there Just got myself an ipad at last great app used it on the iphone but love it even more on the ipad

thought i would give you some suggestions on maybe making it better what about adding a total button like this in my pictures

what do you think ? just a rought picture just to give you the idea

also would like to star rating & duration in fanart view

what about adding somthing that can tell you what the file type is so that you know if its a dvd,bluray or web-dl or HDTV is that possable ?

Would love to be able to have an option to put the tv specials at the end of the list of seasons instead at teh front as ll specials on the xbmc are at the end of the lsit not to keen on it been at the front

What about adding tv seasons numbering in fanart view like you have in the black background view as an option

Possable bug if you hit to movies at teh same time by accident it locks the remote up or it can make the box cover lock up in the centre of the screen thoguth i would let you know as the odd time i have hit to covers at the same time and causes problems

Question does the xbmc commander save its setting when you sync with itunes to the computer ?

cheers

- meridius - 2011-05-08

Just Thought i would also share this if you have a movie or tv show with multi audio tracks you can add this to the keyboard.xml

<h>AudioNextLanguage</h>

place it here just above the <p>Play</p> line in the keyboard.xml

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<h>AudioNextLanguage</h>
<p>Play</p>

then add a button to xbmc commander called Audio track and then select keyboard letter H

now you are able to select different audio tracks within a mkv file i just thought i would post this here as its a very usefull option to have i think

hope this helps

cheers

- The Spirit - 2011-05-08

i just bought xbmc commander for iphone.
really a great app.
but it seems to me, that some control buttons don´t work.
and i wasn´t able to use any of the gestures.
for trying the app i connected to my imac running xbmc.
any ideas?

Movie Sets... - Montevideo - 2011-05-08

Just a tiny thing really - if you look at a movie set in the list of movies there is no fan art shown, just the default image...

XBMC itself shows the first movie's fan art (I think - shows something anyway!) - would be nice if the app did the same!

Any ETA on the next update? Looking forward to the crashes being fixed!

- grywnn - 2011-05-08

meridius Wrote:thought i would give you some suggestions on maybe making it better what about adding a total button like this in my pictures

what do you think ? just a rought picture just to give you the idea
I'll have to position this somewhere else, since that place is where the "back" button is usually located, and i'm using that one in a few places.
But this should be possible in some other way, i've added it to my (already long and still growing) list.

Quote:also would like to star rating & duration in fanart view
Thats no problem.

Quote:what about adding somthing that can tell you what the file type is so that you know if its a dvd,bluray or web-dl or HDTV is that possable ?
Not at the moment, but with xbmc 11.0 (and current nighlies) it will be.

Quote:Would love to be able to have an option to put the tv specials at the end of the list of seasons instead at teh front as ll specials on the xbmc are at the end of the lsit not to keen on it been at the front
No problem here, i think i'll make that the default.

Quote:What about adding tv seasons numbering in fanart view like you have in the black background view as an option
Again, no problem.

Quote:Possable bug if you hit to movies at teh same time by accident it locks the remote up or it can make the box cover lock up in the centre of the screen thoguth i would let you know as the odd time i have hit to covers at the same time and causes problems
Fixed for the next update

Quote:Question does the xbmc commander save its setting when you sync with itunes to the computer ?
I must admit i'm not entirely sure...
Cached data wont be synced, server and view settings should be.

@the spirit:
Sounds like XBMCs event server isn't set up correctly. Please chack out the troubleshooting page on http://www.xbmc-commander.com

@motevideo
I'll check out the fanart.
As for the next update:
I've replaced most of the JSON parsing code over the weekend, this will need some serious testing.
Expect the next update in about a week + however long it takes apple for revision.

- meridius - 2011-05-08

Hi there I ment to correct myself I mention putting season numbers in the fanart view but u do already have that i ment to say bookshelf view as there is no season numbering in that view abit like u have with black background view and maybe an option to have it on or off

- x23piracy - 2011-05-08

Hi,

i think all the gui stuff that is not deadly essential should be optioned (on,off, what ever) Smile
So anyone can customize it by himself (needs). Just an idea

Greetz X23

- x-com - 2011-05-09

x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

i think all the gui stuff that is not deadly essential should be optioned (on,off, what ever) Smile
So anyone can customize it by himself (needs). Just an idea

Greetz X23

definitely! keep it slick and clean!