Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- paul elder - 2011-08-22

I had an issue a few weeks back and thanks to heiner via in app I sent him an email and he responded very quickly, he is proably just busy. Send him an e-mail I'm sure you will get a reply.

- grywnn - 2011-08-23

*beep*

sorry for the long silence.
As some of you suggested, i've been quite busy on my job for the last months.
This didn't mean that i dropped XBMC Commander though.
Since the current version is running pretty stable and near bugfree, i decided to rip appart the core of the project, and implement a totally different caching mechanism (database driven). For this i adapted a iOS framework called core data, learning how to work with it btw.
Well, after two months of struggling with core data i've got something up and running that is running somehow, but far from stable.
And every problem i fix seems to give birth to two more...
I'm very seriously considering dropping back to the version i forked from about 2 months ago, and start adding features again instead of improving the base.

BTW there is a "bug" in recent nightlies, preventing gestures from working:
Turns out the keycodes i used for up/down/left/right (found them by trial and error) have been fixed in XBMCs codebase.
I'll adapt to this asap.
For now, there's a workaround:
Add the following to your keyboard.xml

Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<!-- XBMC Commander fix -->
<ampersand>Up</ampersand>
<leftbracket>Down</leftbracket>
<percent>Left</percent>
<quote>Right</quote>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<ampersand>BigStepForward</ampersand>
<leftbracket>BigStepBack</leftbracket>
<percent>StepBack</percent>
<quote>StepForward</quote>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(Thanks Vincent for the tip)

So long,
Heiner

(I have only read through the last page of new posts here, so if there's something urgent, feel free to give a note)

- meridius - 2011-08-23

Welcome back, happy that your still improving this great app love it to bits.

Is it ok to ask for options yet ? Or improvements.

Thanks

- samzstein - 2011-08-23

two things,
one request: add tv show synopsis
one bug: 720p videos are using the 1080p flag by mistake.

- Metsadah - 2011-08-23

grywnn Wrote:*beep*

sorry for the long silence.
As some of you suggested, i've been quite busy on my job for the last months.
This didn't mean that i dropped XBMC Commander though.
Since the current version is running pretty stable and near bugfree, i decided to rip appart the core of the project, and implement a totally different caching mechanism (database driven). For this i adapted a iOS framework called core data, learning how to work with it btw.
Well, after two months of struggling with core data i've got something up and running that is running somehow, but far from stable.
And every problem i fix seems to give birth to two more...
I'm very seriously considering dropping back to the version i forked from about 2 months ago, and start adding features again instead of improving the base.

BTW there is a "bug" in recent nightlies, preventing gestures from working:
Turns out the keycodes i used for up/down/left/right (found them by trial and error) have been fixed in XBMCs codebase.
I'll adapt to this asap.
For now, there's a workaround:
Add the following to your keyboard.xml

Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<ampersand>Up</ampersand>
<leftbracket>Down</leftbracket>
<percent>Left</percent>
<quote>Right</quote>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<ampersand>BigStepForward</ampersand>
<leftbracket>BigStepBack</leftbracket>
<percent>StepBack</percent>
<quote>StepForward</quote>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(Thanks Vincent for the tip)

So long,
Heiner

(I have only read through the last page of new posts here, so if there's something urgent, feel free to give a note)

Thanks, thats the fix for my problem!

Support for Addons - Heeren01 - 2011-08-29

Hi, I was wondering: can I use the commander also for plugins?

For example: I have the xot-uzg plugin, that provides a lot of audio and video streams. It would be very nice to be able to switch to a radio station that this plugin provides without having to switch te tv on first.

would be great - Jokerdes - 2011-08-29

Heeren01 Wrote:Hi, I was wondering: can I use the commander also for plugins?

For example: I have the xot-uzg plugin, that provides a lot of audio and video streams. It would be very nice to be able to switch to a radio station that this plugin provides without having to switch te tv on first.

Plugin support would be super addon. (ListenLiveEU for radio)

- grywnn - 2011-08-30

Plugins / addons aren't supported in XBMCs JSON API (yet? ... i hope).
If the addon has a folder like structure, they do sometimes work in file mode.

But: In XBMC pre-11.0 (aka nightly) the addons have been moved out of the files tree, making them disappear from XBMC Commanders file tab.

- Jokerdes - 2011-08-30

grywnn Wrote:Plugins / addons aren't supported in XBMCs JSON API (yet? ... i hope).
If the addon has a folder like structure, they do sometimes work in file mode.

But: In XBMC pre-11.0 (aka nightly) the addons have been moved out of the files tree, making them disappear from XBMC Commanders file tab.

In Xbmc Constellation they implement somehow.(ListenLiveEU) but i vote for your program Smile

one more suggestion: control internet browser within the app.( launched from Xbmc of course)

- tuxen - 2011-09-07

Hi.
I just downloaded your remote, once I found out I could remove the bookshelf I was all over it, it looks very good without the bookshelfing (i know its taste). In funtionality its very nice, it is the best i have tried so far! And i tried alot.
But frankly that bookshelf theme freaked me out.. Heh. Wink
Anyways Thanks!

Regards tuxen

- Fluffy Cat - 2011-09-08

The application doesn't seem to be working on recent nightly builds. On the remote screen, only tap(select) and double tap(back) is working. Also the libraries wont load or show any movies/tv shows. Hope there will be an update soon.

- grywnn - 2011-09-08

theres a workaround for the navigation issue, a few posts back.
Thanks for the info about the libraries, turns out there have been a few changes in the JSON API 3 days ago, i'll investigate the implications and adapt asap.

- zepfan - 2011-09-08

grywnn Wrote:theres a workaround for the navigation issue, a few posts back.
Thanks for the info about the libraries, turns out there have been a few changes in the JSON API 3 days ago, i'll investigate the implications and adapt asap.

So glad you're back Big Grin

- Fluffy Cat - 2011-09-08

grywnn Wrote:theres a workaround for the navigation issue, a few posts back.

Great!

- akhlaq768 - 2011-09-10

gor myself XBMC Commander, once loaded im asked to enter the following details...

Identifier
XBMC IP / Hostname
Port
UserName
Password

where can i get all this information from my HTPC?

im using win7

thanks