Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- Brainfrz - 2011-11-16

On one album i've imported, i get funky track numbers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i've imported a dozen or so albums, and this is the only one that shows weird numbers. In iTunes, Synology DSaudio and XBMC itself it's show correctly, but xbmc commander shows these numbers. It's not a big issue, but i'm wondering why XBMC shows them correctly, but Commander does not.

- Method007 - 2011-11-17

Grwynn, is adding a button to play the already existing trailers in your media collection rather then searching YouTube for it on your priority list? For me it would make this app perfect.

- grywnn - 2011-11-18

@nickfrissen
Please try to connect to your XBMC from a browser of your choice.
Enter http://<a.b.c.d>:<port>/ (replace <a.b.c.d> with your xbmc ip adress and <port> with your port, as in xbmc commanders setup)
Click on movies, and check wether you see any movies there.

@Brainfrz
Got that problem too with some of my music. Already double checked: These are the tracknumbers as XBMC tells me, so theres something wrong on xbmcs side here.
But since the bug always follows the same pattern (2^16+tracknumber) i'll add a workaround in the next update.

@Method007
Will be available in the next update, which i think i'll submit to apple this weekend.

- nickfrissen - 2011-11-18

[quote=grywnn]@nickfrissen
Please try to connect to your XBMC from a browser of your choice.
Enter http://<a.b.c.d>:<port>/ (replace <a.b.c.d> with your xbmc ip adress and <port> with your port, as in xbmc commanders setup)
Click on movies, and check wether you see any movies there.

if I do that. I get this...

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7240/schermafbeelding2011111p.png

- meridius - 2011-11-18

Hi there a couple of bugs I think

1. The watched flages do not work and I have made sure in the options that they are not hidden. I did not have this problem with older version

2. Sometimes but random when you select order by name it sometimes reverts back to the default never used to happen

Can you please look into this

Thanks

- grywnn - 2011-11-19

@nickfrissen
Yeah finally some light...
You have sabnzbd+ running on the same machine as xbmc (which is absolutely fine)
Unfortunately, sabnzbd+ uses the same port (8080) for it's web interface as xbmc does...
Please try changing the port of XBMCs webserver in settings->network to something different than 8080 - for example 9090. Adjust the settings in XBMC Commander accordingly, and i'm pretty sure things should work (although i'm a little confused as to why filemode worked....)

- nickfrissen - 2011-11-19

grywnn Wrote:@nickfrissen
Yeah finally some light...
You have sabnzbd+ running on the same machine as xbmc (which is absolutely fine)
Unfortunately, sabnzbd+ uses the same port (8080) for it's web interface as xbmc does...
Please try changing the port of XBMCs webserver in settings->network to something different than 8080 - for example 9090. Adjust the settings in XBMC Commander accordingly, and i'm pretty sure things should work (although i'm a little confused as to why filemode worked....)

Thanks for thinking...

If I changed everything to 9090.... can not connect on 9090.... :mad:

- codex70 - 2011-11-19

9090 is currently used by XBMC for direct TCP connections. You'd be better off with a more random port number (8081 is usually fine), but there's always the chance something else is running on whatever port you choose!

- nickfrissen - 2011-11-19

codex70 Wrote:9090 is currently used by XBMC for direct TCP connections. You'd be better off with a more random port number (8081 is usually fine), but there's always the chance something else is running on whatever port you choose!

The 8081 would not work to... Sad I can do post some pictures about my setting? is that a good idea?

- meridius - 2011-11-19

meridius Wrote:Hi there a couple of bugs I think

1. The watched flages do not work and I have made sure in the options that they are not hidden. I did not have this problem with older version

2. Sometimes but random when you select order by name it sometimes reverts back to the default never used to happen

Can you please look into this

Thanks

Seems that the watched flag does not work in the movies part as the tv shows seem to work ok

Also it's keeps reverting back to sort by year as I change this to sort by name but will not keep that setting

Does it do this on yours as I never had this problem in the past

- waltermalter - 2011-11-19

nickfrissen Wrote:The 8081 would not work to... Sad I can do post some pictures about my setting? is that a good idea?

Simply try port 80 (that works for me). Other ports might be blocked by your firewall.

Cheers,
Walter

- waltermalter - 2011-11-19

@grywnn: Another feature request: recently I took a look at XBMC Constellation. After all, I like XBMC Commander a lot more.
But there is one (little) feature that Constellation has, that I always was looking for: Internet radio
Even so, I need to add the URLs of the radio stations that I'm really looking for manually - It simply works and turn my XBMC into an internet radio without installing any plug in to XBMC and with the ability to change the station without any monitor (turned on).

Can you implement something similar?

Cheers,
Walter

- nickfrissen - 2011-11-20

Thanks for helping people!! I really appreciate this!

It's works now with 8081..

Have only a few small things.

1. I don't see any tv show on my iPad? Whats wrong with that? what i'm doing wrong?

2. The music stopt in 1 sec. Can not play any music.
3.If I want to start a movie with me iPad. I see than aborted playlist?
4.Not all movies are displayed on my iPad?
5.If i puch on the files on my iPad. only the folders are displayed. i can not see any content.

- Memphiz - 2011-11-21

Just thought i should mention, that entering context menus by holding down one finger doesn't work here on the latest nightlys ...

Xbmc comm.+ Xmbc n.build+11.10=no luck - alecxx - 2011-11-22

Everything was working great on my old setup(11.04 + xbmc 10).
First of all xbmc cannot start a webserver on a port 8080.
Cangino server to 8081 helped me with connection, but i can t use remote or gestures and xbmc comm crashes when i try to load my(old and working) library or i just push on"files"

should i rebuild my library?should i change port?
Thanks