Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- oneadvent - 2012-02-07

What are the chances of getting tv streaming to the app itself?

- peter_rjs - 2012-02-07

Hi Grywnn,

I asked for this a few months back and you said it would be easy to implement... ;-)

is it possible to change the spacing between the "Play", "Enqueue", and "Play Album" buttons on the music tab? (when choosing songs from a CD)

I use this to create playlists and it is brilliant, but it's very easy to tap the adjacent button when you've had a few beers! ....which then bypasses the 50 tracks you painstakingly ordered into a party playlist...

Also, the ability to drag tracks on the playlist into a different order would be extremely cool.....

I use this app constantly, and it is utterly brilliant!

Thanks!

- xtlc - 2012-02-07

oneadvent Wrote:What are the chances of getting tv streaming to the app itself?
Look at your RC from your television. Does it have a screen? Remote Streaming? Anything? Well, if not, remember, this is a RC!

Feature Request? - Nacmacfeegle - 2012-02-08

Is it possible to use the proximity sensor on the Iphone to shut down the Iphone screen ?
IE when the app is in use, place the phone face down to save battery life, when you pick it up again, the Iphone screen comes back to life.

I have a similar remote control app (Ipeng) for my Squeezeboxes which does this and it works nicely.

Not a big issue, just a little enhancement.

- paul_p1 - 2012-02-08

grywnn Wrote:I've looked into this a little, and i'm not entirely sure wether youtube quality selection through xbmc commander is really necessary:
- When i send a youtube link to XBMC, the youtube addon automatically selects the best video quality available
- You can set a max quality in the addons settings, so if your internet connection is to slow to handle 1080p, you can limit youtube to sd.
This should be enough imo?
(Tested on Eden Beta2 only)

Thanks, that's good enough for me, works perfectly.

- SynstrShn - 2012-02-14

I loved this app on iPad but now have a playbook! I wish it supported playbook to! No

- meridius - 2012-02-18

@grywnn. Hi I was wanting to know if u could add an offline library browser as I wanted to look at what movie to watch without the htpc been on to decided what to watch.

Just sometimes I like to see what I have but want to be able to do that without the computer on.

Sometimes not very often it does pop up my library when the htpc is not on but that's not very often

Cheers

- waltermalter - 2012-02-22

meridius Wrote:@grywnn. Hi I was wanting to know if u could add an offline library browser as I wanted to look at what movie to watch without the htpc been on to decided what to watch.

Just sometimes I like to see what I have but want to be able to do that without the computer on.

Sometimes not very often it does pop up my library when the htpc is not on but that's not very often

Cheers

You can simply cache all you data with XBMC Commander. Just chose whether you want to cache Movies, Series or Music (switch to the respective tab), click on the "Options" button on the upper right corner, click on cache and than "cache all data".
Whenever your XBMC is not reachable, the Commander will display the cached data.

Cheers,
Walter

- meridius - 2012-02-22

Cheers but I have done that months ago as I always cache my movies and tv shows but it just does not work on the iPad.

I somtimes does but about 90% of the time it just sits there and does nothing. Must be some sort of bug.

Also I hope u can improve the wake up as when the pc is off and I load xbmc commander it just sits there and I have to go to the options to select which server to wake up as the screen will not bring up the wake pc option most of the time.

Maybe a button at the bottem or maybe improving the refresh of the app when loaded to display the wake up button. I have to keep going into 3 options to get to wake it up. Also on ipad version.

Cheers

- Gravis856 - 2012-02-24

I'm not sure if this is an Eden bug or Commander's but the keyboard doesn't work when I go to addons to search.

I have to manually type in something if I want to search youtube/vimeo, etc

- afly - 2012-02-24

I love this app! It is the sole reason I have switched to xbmc so excellent job. That also means of course that I have a feature request and a bug to report Wink

First up, not a bug possibly, but quite a nasty UI issue. If commander is on the remote screen and I'm watching something on xbmc, if I am in another app and I do a 4 finger swipe to switch back commander, XBMC spazzes out as though it is receiving a command over and over (left usually meaning it rewinds back to the start and then runs through the home menu over and over. Despite being hilarious, the wife was not amused).

And also a much wanted feature....

A what’s new dashboard screen, latest tv shows, movies & music. It is the ONLY reason I use a rival app and the ONLY thing I use it for. I know you can sort of do this with the filtering and new badges but at a glance, quick access cannot be beaten

Oh, and an option to go straight to the remote screen when you press play? Again configurable as that may not be to everyones tastes

Cheers

- rickardkk - 2012-02-25

guygizmo Wrote:I feel XBMC Commander is by the far the best remote control for XBMC, especially because of the interface that lets you use gestures to navigate.

The only thing I'm missing right now is the ability to customize the shortcuts on the iPhone / iPod Touch. I've got an iPod Touch working as a universal remote for my whole media center, along with XBMC Commander. I really wanted to make some key functions of XBMC easy to access (like changing the current audio track). This is because often non-techie people use my media center, and they find XBMC's interface to be daunting. More often than not, I have to end up setting things up for them, or fixing problems. But they find the iPod Touch's interface / XBMC Commander is much easier and more intuitive, so all I need to make it usable for everyone is to add things to the shortcuts menu.

grywnn: Do you plan on adding that to iPhone XBMC Commander any time soon?

yes, and it would be great to have "Generic HTTP" shortcuts in the iPhone/iPod version. That's the one thing I'm really missing

- Birdog - 2012-02-25

Howdy, just found this app, bought and installed and it looks beautiful, even my wife likes it.
I have a small problem which is a nothing major, it may have been covered before.
I ended up with duplicates of a few movies, had them in the xbmc library and deleted them when I noticed I had 2 copies, cleaned the library and xbmc now shows only one copy ( this was weeks ago ), installed this app a few hours ago and it is showing the duplicates. Won't play the duplicates as I have deleted the file. How can I remove the duplicates from xbmc commander ?

Cheers all.

- Birdog - 2012-02-26

A few hours later and cleaned library again and it has sorted itself,

Cheers

- meridius - 2012-02-28

Any news on the update ? Sure I read a new version in the last week of feb.