Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-05-21

Hi fhfiapwg,
1. I'll see what i can do.
2. is already posible: Check out the iphones system settings, there should be an item for the commander and an option to choose how rating should be shown - including none at all.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-05-23

Any updates ?
Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - fhfiapwg - 2012-05-23

(2012-05-21, 22:08)grywnn Wrote: Hi fhfiapwg,
1. I'll see what i can do.
2. is already posible: Check out the iphones system settings, there should be an item for the commander and an option to choose how rating should be shown - including none at all.

1. Thanks!
2. Thanks for pointing me to that setting—I hadn't seen it.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-05-24

@all:
Update is finally in revision, should be out tomorrow!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - xbmc17 - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-24, 23:26)grywnn Wrote: @all:

WOW! Playlists no longer get erased when clicking Play, yes!! How can we donate more $ because clearly I didn't pay enough for this amazing app! It is so much better than ANY remote control that exists!

One small problem, since the update I don't get any thumbnails on my albums, artists, playlist, etc.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - NaDs - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-25, 04:42)xbmc17 Wrote: WOW! Playlists no longer get erased when clicking Play, yes!!

Best new feature, great news!!!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - xbmc17 - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-25, 04:42)xbmc17 Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 23:26)grywnn Wrote: @all:

One small problem, since the update I don't get any thumbnails on my albums, artists, playlist, etc.

I tried deleting my cache and even downloading all images and I still don't have any images of any sort for any module. I did click "Party Mode" in the playlist window after upgrading, it seemed to lock up for a long while so I terminated XBMC. Not sure if that could have somehow caused it?

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-05-25

Hi there just to let you know the sort by name is still not working correctly,

eg

Mission impossable
Mission impossable ghost protocol
Mission impossable II
Mission impossable III

works ok on xbmx as i have named Mission impossable ghost protocol as Mission impossable IV in the sort order name so keeps it in the correct order

another one

superman II
superman III
superman IV
superman the movie

so superman the movie is last in your order but first in xbmc as i have named it superman I in the sort order title.

there are many other movies out of order it used to be perfect on the 3rd last updated version of xbmc commander so i dont know whats happend but it stil is not working correctly.

cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-05-25

Oh also it keeps reverting back to sort by year instead of by the option I have choosing which is by name.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-05-25

meridius, the reverting sounds like update blues to me - try to terminate the app completely once (doubletap home, hold the app icon, press minus)
The sorting, i switched from having xbmc do the sorting to doing it myself, mainly because move sets wouldnt get sorted to the correct playce otherwise.
I now switched to using the "sorttitle" filed if available. Alas none of my movies returns it... so far i thought this might be to my scraper not supporting it or whatever, but maybe theres even a bug in XBMCs JSON API. I'lll investigate...

xbmc17, party mode causes xbmc to shuffle either the complete music library or a separately defined dynamic playlist. depending on your music libraries size this can force xbmc to the knees.
As for the thumbnails: Are you per chance using an early pre-frodo release?

(2012-05-25, 19:53)grywnn Wrote: xbmc17, party mode causes xbmc to shuffle either the complete music library or a separately defined dynamic playlist. depending on your music libraries size this can force xbmc to the knees.

Yes, I think I updated by release, that must be why! So I should downgrade? Smile Thank you! You're doing great work by the way, I'd love to donate more to the project especially since you're so active and you actually listen to the users Smile

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - grywnn - 2012-05-25

xbmc17, you might try to update to a more recent Frodo first!
Point is, theres a new way to get the thumbnails, and the app should already be adapted to that (at least one of my testers told my as much - i'm not running Frodo on my machines yet). But there was a week or so with nightlies where the old way didn't work anymore and the new way didn't yet. So if you want to stay on the bleeding edge, try upgrading XBMC first Smile

And thanks for your willingness to donate - highly appreciated, but not really necessary. "Business" is running quite smooth so far Wink and the positive feedback i'm getting here is more than enough to keep me going.

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - xbmc17 - 2012-05-26

(2012-05-25, 22:05)grywnn Wrote: xbmc17, you might try to update to a more recent Frodo first!
Point is, theres a new way to get the thumbnails, and the app should already be adapted to that (at least one of my testers told my as much - i'm not running Frodo on my machines yet). But there was a week or so with nightlies where the old way didn't work anymore and the new way didn't yet. So if you want to stay on the bleeding edge, try upgrading XBMC first Smile

And thanks for your willingness to donate - highly appreciated, but not really necessary. "Business" is running quite smooth so far Wink and the positive feedback i'm getting here is more than enough to keep me going.

I updated to a more recent version of Frodo and all is well, love the app!

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - meridius - 2012-05-26

(2012-05-25, 19:53)grywnn Wrote: meridius, the reverting sounds like update blues to me - try to terminate the app completely once (doubletap home, hold the app icon, press minus)
The sorting, i switched from having xbmc do the sorting to doing it myself, mainly because move sets wouldnt get sorted to the correct playce otherwise.
I now switched to using the "sorttitle" filed if available. Alas none of my movies returns it... so far i thought this might be to my scraper not supporting it or whatever, but maybe theres even a bug in XBMCs JSON API. I'lll investigate...

xbmc17, party mode causes xbmc to shuffle either the complete music library or a separately defined dynamic playlist. depending on your music libraries size this can force xbmc to the knees.

Hi tried that and even shut down my iPad but it still reverts back by year instead of by name in which I set it to.

Also when my xbmc computers off and you load the xbmc commander app up it no longer seems to default to the power up computer any more like it see to, you have to go to Options then select the computer u want to power up

Maybe a fix to revert back to the power up screen or maybe next to the options button you could add server buttons so that u can hit it to power each one up ?

Cheers

RE: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - one800higgins - 2012-05-31

How do you disable movie sets? I haven't had that option set in XBMC, so I don't get why the remote is bundling movies that way.