Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=81687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- crystalgipsy - 2011-07-13

Having some issues with the windows button with this using windows 7 and Revo 3700. I have it to start XBMC however sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's more likely not to work if the pc has been in suspend for a day or so. When resumed it refuses to start xbmc with the green button. I have also tried the keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+W on the keyboard but still nothing.
I did a small test and tried to alter the shortcut on my desktop to XBMC by altering the shortcut key, using the button on the remote it only added CTRL+SHIFT rather than CTRL+SHIST+W. If I reboot or log off and on again it starts to work for a while again. Any ideas is it wndows 7 bug or the addon?

- Lecopi - 2011-07-27

Hello to all

here is what I am trying to do with XBMC and IR.

Configuration:
XP home SP3 - Dharma - MCE remote 1.1.1.5 - HP IR transceiver ( MCE) - Logitech IR transmiter which emulate MCE1039.

HP IR transmitter installed succesfully using XP pro drivers. (eHome...)

I have installed the plugin and activate it.

I am unable to have any control in XBMC.
The red light blink on the receiver each time that I press a button.

The only function which is OK is "wake the PC" but this is not a XBMC function.

could please somebody help.

- idoru17 - 2011-07-31

I recently managed to acquire an original MCE remote and got it working natively with your add-on and Dharma.

My question is how can I map a button to the option panel opening on the left in confluence when in movies for example, that panel showing view modes/sort/search/etc, as regarding to the view mode used the key on the keyboard could be up or left arrow (or better what is the keycode to be sent to xbmc)?

- lorddunlow - 2011-08-10

Edit: Deleted my whole question because it was some weird glitch with mceremote. I noticed when trying to fix my problem that the key mappings had been reset to the wrong values. Everything works great now. I love remotekc with mceremote. I can do anything with the remote now.

- m0v1em4n - 2011-08-11

Hi Guys,

is this plugin configured in XBMC or windows or is it auto hot key i use? :p

Thanks

- StarChild - 2011-08-11

m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys,

is this plugin configured in XBMC or windows or is it auto hot key i use? :p

Thanks
You find it under program in XBMC

- m0v1em4n - 2011-08-11

Thanks

- wolfbiker - 2011-08-14

so how do i use this? i installed the addon, added the registry key from the zip to my registry, yet when i configure keys in the addon's configure interface via xbmc, none of the custom keys i assign actually work. any help would be appreciated. i would like to assign the S key and the C key to the live tv/rec tv buttons on my mediagate mce remote.

Configuring number keys on the remote - haiiyaa - 2011-08-28

Hi,

I have installed the MCERemote Addon, and it works great. Thank you very much. I wanted to configure the number keys in such a way that I can use the number keys like they keys on a phone when typing an sms. For example pressing the number 2 key several times changes from a, b, c or 2.

Is that possible?

Thanks

- bilbonvidia - 2011-09-09

rjonesdj Wrote:fantastic! and wow that was easy!
thanks very much for your swift and helpful response!

I am trying to get to the context aswell via the remote but this does not seem to work for me.

eg I select the teletext button and change the ctrl....... to just c and reboot but then pressing the teletext button does not bring up the context menu. Please help a new user.

- bilbonvidia - 2011-09-09

StarChild Wrote:Yes, go in to 'Configure MCERemote settings' and choose any key and set it to "c". Apply settings and reboot. Done.

rjonesdj Wrote:fantastic! and wow that was easy!
thanks very much for your swift and helpful response!

Helps if I quote the correct post!

- juscelinofs - 2011-09-22

I have my remote control from Xtreamer ultra, and I using it in a Windows 7 with Xtreamer driver for Win7/64 instaled, but when trying to use green key to start XBMC it starts WMC. And even if I star XBMC by myself just a few keys will work on player. Please help me!

- elitegamer360 - 2011-09-23

juscelinofs Wrote:I have my remote control from Xtreamer ultra, and I using it in a Windows 7 with Xtreamer driver for Win7/64 instaled, but when trying to use green key to start XBMC it starts WMC. And even if I star XBMC by myself just a few keys will work on player. Please help me!

Unfortunately your Xtreamer Ultra remote control uses Xtreamer CIR driver. Therefore no matter what we do the remote will not be programmable because of the built in IR receiver that does not use Microsoft's remote certified tech. you have two options here:

1- use Showkey.exe to find out what your green button send. Although I doubt that it would show anything at all because of the CIR/HID drivers tend to send WM_input and WM_APPCOMMANDS. but you never know! Any ways this should be done with all buttons that you want to remap so that you can use your keyboard.xml to do this. If showkey does not show any thing "specially for the green start button" then...

2- You will have to buy an "eHome" compatible IR receiver like the most popular HP IR Receiver "Do search based on your location" but I can not guaranty that it will work with your remote as you need to have an RC6 compatible remote as well. check this wiki out it has all the info you need. At least the first seven remotes are known to be RC6 compatible.

Cheers,
EG.

- steve1977 - 2011-10-02

Thanks, this sounds great. My MCE remote is actually working well (even without add-on), but would love to see some tweaking. Most pressing, currently there is no key that brings up the context dialogue.

I have installed the add-on, but getting the following error message when I am starting the add-on:
* Warning
* The ReportMappingTable registry key is not present
* No Microsoft remote is installed

Thanks for your help!!!

I cannot find the MCE remote plugin - slayerer666 - 2011-10-05

Hi. I'm on the laest nightly of xbmc (compiled 4 oct) and I can't find the plugin from within xbmc.

I tried looking in every category of the repository, and I've tried searching as well. I only end up with an empty searchresults page.

Please help.

/Daniel