Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=81687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - etracyirl - 2013-07-15

Another issue, when I put the computer to sleep via the xbmc shutdown menu and then wake back up the green mce button won't launch xbmc until u reset windows. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - TedLD - 2013-08-14

I'm using a ehome MCE remote and the MCERemote addon.

I would like to use the "TV guide" button to delete recorded TV files, I successfully mapped the "info" button to key stroke "C" to get the context menu but i have tried to change the mapping of the "TV guide" button to "del", "DEL", "Del", "delete" and "Delete" all with no luck.

I do have rename and delete files activated in the settings and it does work when hitting Delete on the keyboard but i don't usually have a keyboard hooked to my HTPC,

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Brice Willus - 2013-09-07

I have the us equivalent of a URC-7962 which I have set with a MCE code.

I'd like to know if it's possible to have the volume buttons to control the Windows volume and at the same time being able to map the red,green,blue and yellow keys.

Right now it seems like it's one or the other. If I choose the Windows default config from the add-on, i get the volume control that I want but no color buttons.

If I choose the other option (I forgot the name), I get assign the color button but then the volume controls xbmc internal volume. I'd like a mix of both.

It's unclear if this can be achieved. Any thoughts?

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Trajan - 2013-10-01

What do I need to enter in the addon for the power button to make it shutdown the computer?

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - XeroKool - 2013-10-20

(2013-06-27, 22:31)cold_realms Wrote: Just a heads up, this does not seem to work under windows 8.1 beta.

Yes, I know it is beta... that is why it is a heads up, just to let the dev know.
Yeah, I just updated to Windows 8.1. Worked for me after the first restart but then stops working after any subsequent restarts.

Edit: Everything seems to be working fine for me now on 8.1, even after a couple of restarts.

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - iMacFeegle - 2013-12-20

(2013-07-15, 20:46)etracyirl Wrote: Another issue, when I put the computer to sleep via the xbmc shutdown menu and then wake back up the green mce button won't launch xbmc until u reset windows. Any ideas?
Same here - or just about. I've bought an HP IR receiver with MCE Remote with the intention to eventually use my Harmony Ultimate remote with XBMC on my Windows 7 Home Premium HTPC. Used this website, and I got the basics to function (navigation, play, pause, etc).
Functionality is lost however after I wake up the HTPC from sleep - I basically have to reset the entire HTPC at that point before I can use any remote again; that, or use keyboard / mouse.

Is there a way to reactivate IR functionality automatically after waking from sleep?

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - SpiderDice - 2014-01-15

For some reason I cannot see this Add On in any of my repos. I have XBMC.org and SuperRepo. Still not in my list.

Anyway I can get a zip file? Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - SpiderDice - 2014-01-18

HELP! Anyone!

I found "plugin.program.mceremote-2.0.4.zip", but when I try to install it, it gives me an error.

Can someone please tell why I can't install this plugin?

I just got a new MCE Remote! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - SpiderDice - 2014-01-21

*bump*

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - SpiderDice - 2014-02-14

Can anyone assist me with this plugin?

TIA!

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - pr0xZen - 2014-03-17

Anyone still watching this? I can see the MCEremote addon on the list within XBMC, but its marked as "Incompatible". Get the same message if trying to install from zip. Running Windows 8.1 Pro (no WMC), XBMC Gotham Beta1. eHome transceiver is there and working.

A few buttons like directional navigation, back etc - are working. The rest, not so much.

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - hurricane51 - 2014-03-20

This may seem like a dumb question, but is there a way to map the backspace keyboard key to a remote button?

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Jonas.andero - 2014-03-20

(2014-03-20, 06:34)hurricane51 Wrote: This may seem like a dumb question, but is there a way to map the backspace keyboard key to a remote button?

The absolutely easiest approach is to use the keymap wditor addon. It's in the official addon repo.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Keymap_Editor

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - hurricane51 - 2014-03-20

Is that the same as using the editor in MCERemote to remap the buttons? The Keymap Editor page says it will wipe out any other user key mappings.

The Backspace key in the keymap editor is like the Enter key -- it's active within the editor and thus it behaves normally -- to delete the character in the editing window. At least, that's how it behaves in my editing window (Frodo 12.3, MCERemote 2.0.5).

If you can explain how to override this behavior or how to prevent the keymap editor add-on from wiping out the mappings I've made with MCERemote I would be grateful.

RE: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - pr0xZen - 2014-03-21

(2014-03-20, 06:34)hurricane51 Wrote: This may seem like a dumb question, but is there a way to map the backspace keyboard key to a remote button?

I couldn't get MCERemote to work under Gotham Beta1, so I'm using XBMCCustomregis . Have you tried MceRemoteRemapper ? Requires .NET 2.0 - If you don't have it, Windows will query you for install when you try to run the application the first time. I cannot make any guarantees it will not overwrite your exsisting setup - but it does have some perks. 1: Setup is not done within XBMC - thus no conflicts with buttons or functions in use within the editor. 2: The mapped key or key combination will be available throughout windows, not just XBMC. If this is a good thing or not, depends on what else you use. Be noted: This application only maps the remote buttons to keyb keys or key combinations. If you want that key/key combination matched to a function within XBMC that does not "come stock" - you'll have to do that through an add-on or manually within keyboard.xml.

The application has a very simple and easy to understand interface, yet a quite vast array of mapping combinations. Only thing missing is macros (although, you can always set a key to run a script in keyboard.xml
If you do some "manual labour" with the XBMC keyboard.xml, you can also give a single button several different functions within XBMC, depending on wich section or "mode" you're currently navigating or viewing.