Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=81687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- elitegamer360 - 2010-10-20

StarChild Wrote:It was just a suggestion for improvement. For those that want suspend it won't make any difference, for those don't want suspend, it will make a difference.

EDIT: Also, what to write to shutdown pc?

Feedback always appreciated Smile

For shutdown if I am not mistaken just off my mind should be "03,81,00" I know 82 takes pc to sleep. But I have not tried the combination above see my tutorial if you want to learn reg codes Smile

- StarChild - 2010-10-20

Thanx!
elitegamer360 Wrote:For shutdown if I am not mistaken just off my mind should be "03,81,00"...
That seems user frendly, maybe you can see my point now Wink

elitegamer360 Wrote:But I have not tried the combination above see my tutorial if you want to learn reg codes Smile
I don't, nor have the time. Thats why I have suggestions for improvements instead Wink

- jhsrennie - 2010-10-20

StarChild Wrote:Ok. Doesn't that make it even more sense to leave it alone?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. By default my addon will leave the power button on a Microsoft remote at the default i.e. as it is before you run the addon.

JR

- StarChild - 2010-10-20

Ok, I take it from the beginning then.

Before I installed the addon:
'Settings > System > Power Saving > Shutdown function' worked as a setting how the Power button would behave on my remote. If I choose shutdown, xbmc turns off when pressing the Power button. If I choose minimize, xbmc minimizes, and so on.

After I installed the addon:
'Settings > System > Power Saving > Shutdown function' doesn't control the feature of the Power button anymore. Now the MCERemote addon controls the feature of the Power button.

So my conclusion is that the addon dosn't leave the Power button alone. And my guess is that it change it to something default, maybe the default action from a MS remote?

The problem with this is that it isn't easy to change it to do something else then suspend. So, a solution to this would be, leave the Power button alone, or make it easier to setup the Power button i.e. a list of actions to choose from, or at least write down in the readme what 'word' to configure it with other then 'mce' for other actions.

//StarChild

- kulprit - 2010-10-21

So before you started using the addon, what were you using to make windows and xbmc recognise and get it to do all the things you wanted your remote to do? Eventghost or similar?

- jhsrennie - 2010-10-21

StarChild Wrote:So my conclusion is that the addon dosn't leave the Power button alone. And my guess is that it change it to something default, maybe the default action from a MS remote?

The problem with this is that it isn't easy to change it to do something else then Hibernate. So, a solution to this would be, leave the Power button alone, or make it easier to setup the Power button i.e. a list of actions to choose from, or at least write down in the readme what 'word' to configure it with other then 'mce' for other actions.

If you just connect an MCE remote and don't mess around with the registry or use Eventghost then pressing the power button will put Windows into suspend. If your power button was doing something different then either you were using something like Eventghost or there's something different about your remote.

JR

- StarChild - 2010-10-21

jhsrennie Wrote:If you just connect an MCE remote and don't mess around with the registry or use Eventghost then pressing the power button will put Windows into suspend. If your power button was doing something different then either you were using something like Eventghost or there's something different about your remote.

JR
I don't have Eventghost or something else that changed my registry. And yes, Windows was put in suspend when I pressed the power button, by default. BUT, I could choose what action for the power button, in XBMC settings. The problem isn't what the default action is, the problem is that I cant change it anymore, at least not on a easy way.

EDIT:
kulprit Wrote:So before you started using the addon, what were you using to make windows and xbmc recognise and get it to do all the things you wanted your remote to do? Eventghost or similar?
I didn't do anything. It was pure out-of-the-box stuff.

- jhsrennie - 2010-10-21

StarChild Wrote:I don't have Eventghost or something else that changed my registry. And yes, Windows was put in suspend when I pressed the power button, by default. BUT, I could choose what action for the power button, in XBMC settings. The problem isn't what the default action is, the problem is that I cant change it anymore, at least not on a easy way.

When you press the power button XBMC never gets a chance to respond to it because Windows intercepts the power button press and suspends the PC. There's no way that changing the shutdown settings in XBMC can have any effect on the behaviour when you press the power button.

The shutdown settings (assuming you mean Settings, System, Power saving, Shutdown function) modifies the way XBMC processes the XBMC.ShutDown() action. For example pressing the End key at the homepage executes XBMC.ShutDown() and the setting controls whether XBMC just quits, hibernates, shuts down, etc. However the power button on the remote does not make XBMC execute XBMC.ShutDown() so the settings are irrelevant.

JR

- StarChild - 2010-10-22

Well, I have changed it several times, so I'm sure that's how it worked. Unfortunately I cant reproduce it without reinstalling Windows.

EDIT: Also, if the Power button was changed to lets say shutdown in XBMC, and if I quit XBMC and press the Power button, it would have put my pc in suspend mode. But I'm not sure about this one, my memory could betray me here, so theres a chance that I'm wrong on this one.

- jhsrennie - 2010-10-22

You could map the power button to send (for example) ctrl-shift-End and then put:

Code:
<end mod="ctrl,shift">XBMC.Shutdown()</end>

in your keyboard.xml.

JR

- StarChild - 2010-10-24

thanx

- zpike1 - 2010-10-24

Is there anyway to change the 10 min and 1 min jump ?

- jhsrennie - 2010-10-25

zpike1 Wrote:Is there anyway to change the 10 min and 1 min jump ?

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml

Search for "timeseekforward". There are several settings that control the forward and back step size.

JR

- zpike1 - 2010-10-25

jhsrennie Wrote:See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml

Search for "timeseekforward". There are several settings that control the forward and back step size.

JR

thanks for the help jhsrennie

- plantoschka - 2010-10-26

Hi,

your Plugin works really great for the Basic Features, but I want to customize it a little bit.
I read trough this thread and tried somethings described here but nothing did really work :-(

For Example I want to toogle between FullScreen with the Red Button and Change AspectRatio with the BlueButton on my MCE Remote.

How can I accomplish that?

Thanks.