Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] MCERemote Addon - MCE Remote Control Plugin for XBMC on Windows (/showthread.php?tid=81687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- sajberman - 2010-11-07

I am using MCE7 mostly for TV functions and using the XBMC plugin in MCE to use XBMC for everything else (music,movies etc)
http://xbmcwmc.teknowebworks.com/
The mceremote plugin is really great for setting up the remote to work nice and easy in XBMC.
But i have one question, is it possible to disable the mce functions like LIVETV, Green window button, Recorded TV etc when in XBMC
and have the functions back when returning to MCE?
I have tried all different configs but i guess that mceremote plugin is changing the register permanently. Is there another way to fix this?

Sorry if this is a noob question but i really need to fix this as this is my setup until xbmc get TV functions (and we are all waiting for this Big Grin)

- jhsrennie - 2010-11-07

sajberman Wrote:But i have one question, is it possible to disable the mce functions like LIVETV, Green window button, Recorded TV etc when in XBMC and have the functions back when returning to MCE?
I have tried all different configs but i guess that mceremote plugin is changing the register permanently. Is there another way to fix this?

The "Restore default MCERemote settings" configures the remote to use the standard Windows Media Center keyboard shortcuts as described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb189249.aspx and these should work both in XBMC and in Media Center.

For example the shortcut for Live TV is ctrl-T. In XBMC this currently just pops up a little message saying "you pressed ctrl-T" because there's no TV functionality in XBMC (yet). When you're running Media Center ctrl-T should open Live TV.

JR

- sajberman - 2010-11-07

jhsrennie Wrote:The "Restore default MCERemote settings" configures the remote to use the standard Windows Media Center keyboard shortcuts as described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb189249.aspx and these should work both in XBMC and in Media Center.

For example the shortcut for Live TV is ctrl-T. In XBMC this currently just pops up a little message saying "you pressed ctrl-T" because there's no TV functionality in XBMC (yet). When you're running Media Center ctrl-T should open Live TV.

JR

Thank you JR for a fast answer but it is not working 100%...I reset my remote to windows default in plugin. All is working in MCE but in xbmc the mce functions open when pressing the mce function keys (liveTV, Green button, guide etc)

Then i reconfigure remote in plugin as "apply current settings to remote" and now it works fine in XBMC but in MCE the following happens. LiveTV opens recorded TV, Green button do nothing, Guide is ok, dvd menu opens movie library guess that this is ok, recorded tv is ok (opens recorded tv).
I need some help to resolve this, can i do a manual reconfigure of keyboard.xml?

- BuddyRich - 2010-11-08

Something for both the wiki and your next version of mceremote and known buttons...

I have this remote:

http://www.amazon.com/MediaGate-Certified-Windows-Premium-Ultimate/dp/B003A9EWK2/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

It is a mediagate MG-IR02BK but its different from the one listed on the wiki (which I suppose is a GP-IR02BK) and has a few new buttons but is missing the teletext and coloured buttons.

In their place it has "DVD" buttons:

Zoom - This matches to button 27 "Unknown Asrock Ion 330 top left button"
Angle - button number 4B
Audio - button number 4C
Subtitle - button number 4D

I changed mine to the following (and changed Guide to something else, you were defaulting it to ctrl-g as well):

Code:
4B,00,00,00,04,01,0A,\ ; Angle - sends ctrl-G
  4C,00,00,00,04,01,17,\ ; Audio - sends ctrl-T
  4D,00,00,00,04,01,16,\ ; Subtitle - sends ctrl-S

Then in my keymap I have the following:

Code:
<!-- Zoom button: ctrl-z -->
      <z mod="ctrl">FullScreen</z>
      <!-- Angle button: ctrl-g -->
      <g mod="ctrl">AspectRatio</g>
      <!-- Audio button: ctrl-t -->
      <t mod="ctrl">AudioNextLanguage</t>
      <!-- Subtitle button: ctrl-s -->
      <s mod="ctrl">NextSubtitle</s>
       <!-- Videos button: ctrl-e -->
      <e mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles)</e>
      <!-- recorded tv button: ctrl-o -->
      <o mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TvShowTitles)</o>
      <!-- radio button: ctrl-a -->
      <a mod="ctrl">CodecInfo</a>
      <!-- guide button: ctrl-q -->
      <q mod="ctrl">Playlist</q>

The fullscreen command works well enough for zoom as in xbmc its two discrete commands, zoom in and zoom out, and it doesn't loop around when it goes past max.

Besides, the AR command on the angle button allows me to cycle through presets which also affects the zoom.

The other two allow full cycling so if you have multiple audio languages you can cycle through them and back to english, the same as with subtitle, which also does a cycle through to none (disabling it).

FWIW, I would suggest having the rec. tv button go to tv shows window specifically in your keymap template as I have in mine above, and videos go to movies, though I am not sure if that will interfere with other PVR plugins or even future PVR support under XBMC. I realise not all skins support the breakdown of videos into movies and tvshow buttons specifically and not everyone uses library mode either but it wouldn't hurt to have them commented out in your template.

- jhsrennie - 2010-11-08

sajberman Wrote:Thank you JR for a fast answer but it is not working 100%...I reset my remote to windows default in plugin. All is working in MCE but in xbmc the mce functions open when pressing the mce function keys (liveTV, Green button, guide etc)

Then i reconfigure remote in plugin as "apply current settings to remote" and now it works fine in XBMC but in MCE the following happens. LiveTV opens recorded TV, Green button do nothing, Guide is ok, dvd menu opens movie library guess that this is ok, recorded tv is ok (opens recorded tv).
I need some help to resolve this, can i do a manual reconfigure of keyboard.xml?

I see this thread has been moved to a forum that I don't watch. You might want to ask again in the Windows forum as I probably won't see future posts in this thread.

By default my addon sets the Green button to send the keypress ctrl-shift-W. This means it will no longer start WMC. To set the green Windows button back to the default choose the "Configure MCERemote settings" option, scroll down to find the setting for "Windows" and set this to "mce" (without the quotes). Remember to click OK to save your changes as the Settings dialog doesn't warn you if you exit without saving.

Re the Live TV: my addon sets this to ctrl-T, which I thought was the Media Center shortcut for Live TV, but now I look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb189249.aspx I see it doesn't list a shortcut for Live TV. You could set this button to "mce" like the Windows button, but it will then open MCE when you're in XBMC. If you know what the keyboard shortcut for Live TV should be please let me know.

Later: according to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Media-Center-keyboard-shortcuts ctrl-T is the shortcut for Live TV.

JR

- jhsrennie - 2010-11-08

BuddyRich Wrote:Something for both the wiki and your next version of mceremote and known buttons...

I have this remote:

http://www.amazon.com/MediaGate-Certified-Windows-Premium-Ultimate/dp/B003A9EWK2/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

It is a mediagate MG-IR02BK but its different from the one listed on the wiki (which I suppose is a GP-IR02BK) and has a few new buttons but is missing the teletext and coloured buttons.

Thanks, I've made a note of those button numbers. They don't appear at in my current config files, which suggests that the numbers 4B-4D are the standard numbers for thiose buttons. I might see if I can find a MG-IR02BK to experiment with.

JR

- jonathanxmbc - 2010-11-08

Homerboy Wrote:can you get me a working IR receiver in WHS??!?!

Smile

DrMedia Wrote:Nope!!.. I tried for ages, hunted high and low.. and th OS itself simply doesnt support such a device! This was confirmed from a Microsoft forum I posted in also.. mo joy Im afraid!!! This would have been the perfect solution for me.. had to settle for a Asrock ION streaming from my WHS.. which works great....

This actually can be done.

I have an MCE keyboard and MCE remote, and I used both with WHS 2003 and XBMC.

First you need the driver: WindowsXP-KB912024-v2-x86-ENU.exe

That will not install on WHS, but if you run it on another system, you can use procmon to see where the driver files are extracted and install them using device manager.

If someone wants the extracted driver files, send me a PM with your email, and I'll send a zip, about 650k.

- sajberman - 2010-11-09

jhsrennie Wrote:I see this thread has been moved to a forum that I don't watch. You might want to ask again in the Windows forum as I probably won't see future posts in this thread.

By default my addon sets the Green button to send the keypress ctrl-shift-W. This means it will no longer start WMC. To set the green Windows button back to the default choose the "Configure MCERemote settings" option, scroll down to find the setting for "Windows" and set this to "mce" (without the quotes). Remember to click OK to save your changes as the Settings dialog doesn't warn you if you exit without saving.

Re the Live TV: my addon sets this to ctrl-T, which I thought was the Media Center shortcut for Live TV, but now I look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb189249.aspx I see it doesn't list a shortcut for Live TV. You could set this button to "mce" like the Windows button, but it will then open MCE when you're in XBMC. If you know what the keyboard shortcut for Live TV should be please let me know.

Later: according to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Media-Center-keyboard-shortcuts ctrl-T is the shortcut for Live TV.

JR

Thank you JR, What i understand i can't have the green button with different configurations without changing in the register. I am changing between XBMC and MCE all the time as i use the TV PVR function in MCE, so changing the settings all the time is not an option. I simply have to decide for one of the options then.

Strange that on my RC6 remote the Live TV function seems to be ctrl-q ??
LiveTV in MCE works when setting Keyboard.xml setting to ctrl-q but not with ctrl-T.

- timdog82001 - 2010-11-14

This isn't showing up for me in the XBMC repository, unless I'm missing something....I assume it would be under programs, but I sure am not seeing it. What name is it under?

Anyway, I went ahead and installed from the zip file hosted online but I get a "script error" when running it on dharma 4, xbmc live. Is that file no longer up to date? I can up a script debug log once I figure out how to do that with live..

EDIT: nevermind, I finally found reference to the fact that this isn't compatible with linux Sad

- bluenote - 2010-11-17

John

Will this addon give me sane volume handling? If thats the case I can ditch eventghost and be ever so much happier!

thanks

- Awperator - 2010-11-26

elitegamer360 Wrote:if you installed Dharma put the plugin in here:

for win 7 x64 "other x64 win should be the same & assuming 'C:\'" is where Win is installed:
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\

for win 7 x86 "other x86 win should be the same":
C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\

edit: ohh sorry did not see you sorted it out :o

cheers,
EG.

When I try to install this I get a "script failed" error. The addons folder wasn't in my xbmc program files folder so I created an addons folder and put the whole plugin.program.mceremote folder in there. When I tried to add the source in XBMC, it wouldn't recognize the script; nothing would happen (I could browse the resources folder but not install.)

I then put the file in my AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugins\Programs folder as I was instructed to from this page. When I try to install from that way, I get a "Script Failed" error. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-26

Awperator Wrote:When I try to install this I get a "script failed" error. The addons folder wasn't in my xbmc program files folder so I created an addons folder and put the whole plugin.program.mceremote folder in there. When I tried to add the source in XBMC, it wouldn't recognize the script; nothing would happen (I could browse the resources folder but not install.)

I then put the file in my AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugins\Programs folder as I was instructed to from this page. When I try to install from that way, I get a "Script Failed" error. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

No need for all that work Smile Dharma RC1 has this add-on officially added to it. All you have to do is download it from the addons and xbmc will install it for you.

Cheers,
EG

- Awperator - 2010-11-26

elitegamer360 Wrote:No need for all that work Smile Dharma RC1 has this add-on officially added to it. All you have to do is download it from the addons and xbmc will install it for you.

Cheers,
EG

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully this is the last question. Where exactly is the plugin? I'm checking in programs -> SVN Repo installer -> xbmc-addons -> plugins -> programs... but then I only see google reader, metacritic, and utorrentwebuicontroller.

Thank you so much!

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-26

Awperator Wrote:Thank you for the reply. Hopefully this is the last question. Where exactly is the plugin? I'm checking in programs -> SVN Repo installer -> xbmc-addons -> plugins -> programs... but then I only see google reader, metacritic, and utorrentwebuicontroller.

Thank you so much!

Go to Settings_> Add-ons_> Get Add-ons_> XBMC.org Addons_> Program add-ons_>

Then you will see MCERemote in the list, select it and then select install.

That's all Smile

Note: are you running latest XBMC DHARMA RC1 release. I would recomend you do. If you running an older release the plugin might not be there!

Cheers,
EG.

- kulprit - 2010-11-26

I think i've asked this before jhsrennie or anyone else that can help. But has anyone got jumpsms working and what did you put into your keyboard.xml? Under what subsection?