Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- crackers8199 - 2011-02-26

piniata Wrote:Hi Harry
i am trying to get the ip numder from my sling box but it is in anoter city in my parents house and they are using an router so the only ip number i see is 192.168 someting. but that wouldnt do it for me who lives in a different city. The actual question is: how do i get my "real" ip numder for my slingbox to make it work and where do i look for it? I tryed every freakin ip number i could find but non of them works...

can i see the "right" ip number in my slingplayer where i´m streaming from some how or do i have to go home to my parents to get itHuh

Please help....Sad

you need your actual WAN IP. 192.168.xxx.xxx is your LAN IP if your parents have their computers behind a router...

http://www.yooter.com/ip.php

that page will give you the external IP that harry needs...

- chris0147 - 2011-02-26

Harry Muscle Wrote:Yes you can ... take a look at the source ... it will tell all Smile

Harry

Thanks harry, could you please help me how to convert the code from c++ to .net??

I just want to try it out to see if it will works so i will use c++ or c# for future use. Smile

And I have sent you a PM. Please could you reply on my PM?

Thanks!

- nokian - 2011-02-27

I have Apple TV v1 with XBMC. My question is how to apply the .patch file? Please write the instructions.

For those wondering what would be the Slingbox IP. Usually it's 192.168.1.254:5001 (for Linksys routers with default IP)

What would be the /input ? I use Component Video.

Thanks!

- Harry Muscle - 2011-02-27

wturnerharris Wrote:@ Harry Muscle: Got your PM. Please let me know if/when you need to use my SB Pro HD for testing. It looks like all my resolutions are encrypted. No audio and picture is somewhat clear save for a dozen artifacts.

Here is a link to the build I made for Ubuntu 10.10 if anyone wants to try it out. Make sure to build dep for xbmc first to get all the dependencies.
Code:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

Thanks wturnerharris, that's awesome. I've been meaning to put together a linux build just haven't had the time yet.

Thanks,
Harry

chris0147 Wrote:Thanks harry, could you please help me how to convert the code from c++ to .net??

I just want to try it out to see if it will works so i will use c++ or c# for future use. Smile

And I have sent you a PM. Please could you reply on my PM?

Thanks!

I'm guessing you mean vb.net since that's what you've mentioned before ... sorry can't help with that ... I've have never and probably never will program in vb.net.

As for your PM, please stop spamming my inbox with duplicate messages, I will respond when I have time. Sending the same message over and over every day doesn't help your request any.

Harry

nokian Wrote:I have Apple TV v1 with XBMC. My question is how to apply the .patch file? Please write the instructions.

For those wondering what would be the Slingbox IP. Usually it's 192.168.1.254:5001 (for Linksys routers with default IP)

What would be the /input ? I use Component Video.

Thanks!

I'd love to provide more instructions on that ... but that would take hours to write ... I would recommend taking a look at the wiki for XBMC on how to compile from source for the Apple TV (I believe that's a new port so I'm not sure if the wiki even has instructions yet, in that case I'm guessing the compile instructions for OSX should be fairly close). Then do some googling on how to apply a git patch to the source.

In the example you gave, the IP address would be 192.168.1.254, the port number is 5001 and the input can be left out or just try 0, 1, 2, or 3 and see which is the correct one.

Harry

- chris0147 - 2011-02-27

Okay no problem, could you help me with the c++ to create form code to watch the slingbox on the application form??

I would be happy to switch to c++ and take a test to watch the slingbox. If you have got a sample file for me to take a look for the whole souce you have wrote, I would be so grateful if you could post it.

As for sending a PM, I am really sorry for keep spamming you. I want you to be awake that I don't really like people to be arrogant when they come online and read my pm without send me any replies. I hate it when people ignore my answers when I wanted for some advice.

I hope you understand this. Smile

Harry Muscle Wrote:I'm guessing you mean vb.net since that's what you've mentioned before ... sorry can't help with that ... I've have never and probably never will program in vb.net.

As for your PM, please stop spamming my inbox with duplicate messages, I will respond when I have time. Sending the same message over and over every day doesn't help your request any.

Harry

chris0147 Wrote:Okay no problem, could you help me with the c++ to create form code to watch the slingbox on the application form??

I would be happy to switch to c++ and take a test to watch the slingbox. If you have got a sample file for me to take a look for the whole souce you have wrote, I would be so grateful if you could post it.

As for sending a PM, I am really sorry for keep spamming you. I want you to be awake that I don't really like people to be arrogant when they come online and read my pm without send me any replies. I hate it when people ignore my answers when I wanted for some advice.

I hope you understand this. Smile

As soon as you hire me I'd be more than happy to help write a whole program for you, otherwise, I'm sorry but I just don't have that kind of spare time. Smile

As for the sample, take a look at the patch for XBMC (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10464), that's the best example I can give you on how to integrate my SlingboxLib with another existing application that does the decoding and displaying of the stream.

As for your third point, again, as soon as I'm on your payroll, I'd be more than happy to answer your questions promptly ... until such time, I will continue to provide answers on my spare time, be it an hour after they are asked or a month after they are asked. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the one being arrogant, I think you are ... expecting people who volunteer to make XBMC better to answer your questions instantly when your question doesn't even have anything to do with XBMC, but with a program that you are writing.

Harry

- chris0147 - 2011-02-28

That's great. how much do you accept my offer? I can only offer you no more than $50 to write a whole program. The things is I don't have any money available for you to do the work yet until when I get my money in two weeks time.

Let me know if that is ok with you to wait. And the other things I don't have is the finder id and the password to get access to the slingbox. If you have one, I would be grateful to take a test after when I hire you. Smile

As for decoding the stream, I understand how it works. I have no knowledge how to do this on c++. I will take a look into it when you complete writing the whole program then I will learn from it. Is it possible for you to write the button1 to change channel number in c++, like to change the channel number from 1 to 13?? Smile

Harry Muscle Wrote:As soon as you hire me I'd be more than happy to help write a whole program for you, otherwise, I'm sorry but I just don't have that kind of spare time. Smile

As for the sample, take a look at the patch for XBMC (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10464), that's the best example I can give you on how to integrate my SlingboxLib with another existing application that does the decoding and displaying of the stream.

As for your third point, again, as soon as I'm on your payroll, I'd be more than happy to answer your questions promptly ... until such time, I will continue to provide answers on my spare time, be it an hour after they are asked or a month after they are asked. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the one being arrogant, I think you are ... expecting people who volunteer to make XBMC better to answer your questions instantly when your question doesn't even have anything to do with XBMC, but with a program that you are writing.

Harry

- Harry Muscle - 2011-02-28

My message was intended to show that my time isn't free, and you acting like it is, is not the right way to get my help. I was NOT actually soliciting a job. Ironically I am currently looking for work, which is why I have time to work on XBMC, but writing a stand alone program that used my SlingboxLib and then decodes and displays the stream is not something you put together in an hour or two and charge $50 for. You'd be looking more like at a $1000 to $2000 range probably.

Out of sheer curiosity, why can't you use the Sling Media player provided by Sling Media? Or XBMC with my patch?

Harry

chris0147 Wrote:That's great. how much do you accept my offer? I can only offer you no more than $50 to write a whole program. The things is I don't have any money available for you to do the work yet until when I get my money in two weeks time.

Let me know if that is ok with you to wait. And the other things I don't have is the finder id and the password to get access to the slingbox. If you have one, I would be grateful to take a test after when I hire you. Smile

As for decoding the stream, I understand how it works. I have no knowledge how to do this on c++. I will take a look into it when you complete writing the whole program then I will learn from it. Is it possible for you to write the button1 to change channel number in c++, like to change the channel number from 1 to 13?? Smile

- chris0147 - 2011-02-28

I'd find you a bit cheeky bugger as you are still offering a free advice for other people, who needs XBMC to get it working in order as you wanted me to hire you. Well I say nah, I don't need to pay you to do this shit anyway. I can find out myself for free by how to decode the stream into wmv, so I can watch the slingbox through on video player. You haven't answer to my last question, is it possible to code the button1 on c++ to change the channel number, something like change from 1 to 13??

If so, which header I should use?? Over the top of this, I don't really needs to use sling media application. I want to use my own program. And I don't have a box to watch the slingbox through on XBMC. Why do you needs to know anyway??

Harry Muscle Wrote:My message was intended to show that my time isn't free, and you acting like it is, is not the right way to get my help. I was NOT actually soliciting a job. Ironically I am currently looking for work, which is why I have time to work on XBMC, but writing a stand alone program that used my SlingboxLib and then decodes and displays the stream is not something you put together in an hour or two and charge $50 for. You'd be looking more like at a $1000 to $2000 range probably.

Out of sheer curiosity, why can't you use the Sling Media player provided by Sling Media? Or XBMC with my patch?

Harry

- Harry Muscle - 2011-02-28

chris0147 Wrote:I'd find you a bit cheeky bugger as you are still offering a free advice for other people, who needs XBMC to get it working in order as you wanted me to hire you.

Well, for one, other people don't continue to spam my inbox after repeated requests for them to stop. Nor do they insinuate that I'm arrogant. Nor do they insult my code via PM. So dealing with that sounds more like work than fun, and I like to get paid for work. Fun I can do free.

chris0147 Wrote:Well I say nah, I don't need to pay you to do this shit anyway. I can find out myself for free by how to decode the stream into wmv, so I can watch the slingbox through on video player. You haven't answer to my last question, is it possible to code the button1 on c++ to change the channel number, something like change from 1 to 13?? If so, which header I should use??

Yes it is possible. Taking a look through the code should make things quite clear ... all functions are very thoroughly commented. The header you'd use is SlingboxLib.h, the only header that's part of my SlingboxLib.

chris0147 Wrote:Over the top of this, I don't really needs to use sling media application. I want to use my own program. And I don't have a box to watch the slingbox through on XBMC. Why do you needs to know anyway??

I was simply asking out of curiosity to see if there might be another solution to your problem since it's apparent you aren't familiar with C++ programming, and my SlingboxLib is C++ code so using my code might not be the best route for you to take.

Now I really don't want to turn this thread into a slap fest, so let's part our ways and stop posting about this please.

Harry

... and now back to our regularly scheduled program ...

- lottomotto - 2011-02-28

More instructions Smile how can I upgrade my existing Xbmc live?

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-01

lottomotto Wrote:More instructions Smile how can I upgrade my existing Xbmc live?

I haven't tried this, but most likely you can upgrade XBMC Live using the package that wturnerharris was kind enough to create for us (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=736091&postcount=134). If you're not too familiar with Linux, etc., I'd recommend starting a new thread and asking how to update XBMC Live to the latest SVN version (technically it's now GIT, but everyone will understand what you mean) and once you know how to do that, use the package from wturnerharris instead of the latest nightly package.

Hope that helps,
Harry

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-01

I thought I'd just recap a few things for those who don't feel like reading the last several pages.

Patch 4 with all the requested changes (from the official XBMC devs) has been submitted to the trac ticket (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10464).

A precompiled version of XBMC for Windows with Patch 4 and with all required files can be found in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=722044&postcount=86 . That post also contains instructions on how to set things up. A precompiled Linux deb package can be found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=736091&postcount=134 .

If you are using the Slingbox HD Pro, there's a good chance all your resolutions will be "encrypted", but it's still worth a try, since at least one such box does work with resolutions of 320x240 or lower. The way to know if the stream is "encrypted" is if you are seeing only part of the picture with a bunch of "garbage" and are hearing no audio.

All other Slingboxes should work with resolutions of 320x240 or lower.

Thanks,
Harry