Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

very bizarre - cooltech - 2011-06-13

i was able to login via xbmc (desktop ubuntu install) a few days ago successfully viewing audio and video, then I rebooted my PC and it's no longer working. I tried with a new xbmc windows installation as well to no avail.

The weird thing is if I use the slingbox website, windows desktop app or android app it works.

I thought it might be a router/IP address change issue. So, I rebooted my router and the slingbox and verified the port forwarding IP/port. I verified the internal ip address/port in the slingbox windows desktop app information section as well.

ideas?

- cooltech - 2011-06-14

cooltech Wrote:i was able to login via xbmc (desktop ubuntu install) a few days ago successfully viewing audio and video, then I rebooted my PC and it's no longer working. I tried with a new xbmc windows installation as well to no avail.

The weird thing is if I use the slingbox website, windows desktop app or android app it works.

I thought it might be a router/IP address change issue. So, I rebooted my router and the slingbox and verified the port forwarding IP/port. I verified the internal ip address/port in the slingbox windows desktop app information section as well.

ideas?

looks like an issue with the slingbox itself after a power outage...grrr...

- Harry Muscle - 2011-06-17

cooltech Wrote:HarryMuscle, your hard work on this project is much appreciated. Unfortunately, I've tried several times on the regular (non-live) distro of XBMC with the strings.xml and XBMC binary to no avail. I've verified the permissions are the same but the program never runs after I replace my current executable with the one provided. Any ideas? I would really like to get my Slingbox working and take advantage of this feature. Thanks.

The Slingbox code is now part of XBMC (as of June 1, 2011), so I would recommend you try one of the nightly builds instead of messing around with the precompiled binaries, etc.

Thanks,
Harry

sofakng Wrote:Does this support HD resolutions yet or only SD?

Highest resolution available at the moment is 320x240, everything above that is encrypted unfortunately and I haven't been able to crack it yet.

Harry

nokian Wrote:Please compile a version for ATV1. Hope someone does it soon. Thanks!

Look for any build for ATV1 after June 1 and it will contain the Slingbox code. Chances are you won't find it on this thread, but look around on other threads, etc.

Harry

cooltech Wrote:can someone tell me whether this code is in the nightly build or not?

As of June 1, 2011, the Slingbox code is part of XBMC, so all nightly builds made after this date will contain the Slingbox code. When I have some spare time I will add a wiki article regarding this, etc.

Thanks,
Harry

mediumdry Wrote:I'm using your XBMC windows build, no special settings (so no SlingboxSettings.xml) and I'm controlling a Slingbox Pro.

Sorry for the late response, but haven't been able to do anything much with the slingbox, as it has moved to a friends place now. The first test I did was with the Slingbox Pro connected to a simple antenna, watching free to air digital tv. Now it is connected to a cable (coax connection) with regular analog channels.

So, stock XBMC with Sling, Slingbox Pro, connecting over the net. Changing channels works by punching the numbers in. xbmc.log of channel changing is here.

Once there's a Mac OS version with the Slingbox code, I'll probably add settings so I can do channel up/down from my Apple remote. Also, I might change the resolution, as I think 320x240 might not look very good on tv and I consistently do 4Mbps from this slingbox with the official player/website. (the Slingbox Pro supports both)

Any idea where I can find the available options for video quality settings that I can use in SlingboxSettings.xml?

Take a look at post #86 http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=722044&postcount=86 for details on the SlingboxSettings.xml file.

Harry

Tyler2191 Wrote:I feel like I've read this thread a million times and I can't seem to find where the Windows build is to download. Can someone post the link to it?

I read the whole thread, went to what seemed like every link, and even did a search for "windows" and found a threat that said:

"Here is the linux build, it's the same as the Windows one .." but I can't seem to find the windows one. I downloaded the Linux one thinking I could maybe use the same files, but of course that's not the case.

So three questions:

1.) Am I correct that there is a Windows build for the Slingplayer integration within XBMC? More importantly a Windows 7 build ..

2.) If there is, do I need to compile the code? If so, is there a tutorial for that?

3.) If there is a Windows build .. can someone post a link to it because as I said, I tried doing my due diligence by searching and reading the thread and I couldn't seem to find it. I know people don't like when users post things without first searching themselves, but I've searched and can't find it.

I am currently running: XBMCSetup-20110610-73a0871-master.exe

So just to make sure I'm not mistaken and I apologize if I am, but I'm under the impression that there is a way to integrate Slingplayer within XBMC for Windows 7. If not then you can of course completely ignore my thread and I'll continue to monitor the progress.

What you are currently running is compiled on June 10, I believe, so it already contains the Slingbox code and should be ready to go. If you want more details, etc. though, take a look at the first post on this thread where I've summarized things.

Thanks,
Harry

Now that the Slingbox source code is part of XBMC, I would like to request that all end user questions, problems, etc. be directed to the XBMC General Help and Support forum and not be posted here, since this thread was created to deal with the development of this functionality and development is now complete.

If you'd like to get my attention regarding a certain thread posted in the XBMC General Help and Support forum, feel free to send me a PM with a link to the thread, however, please do not ask questions in your PM, etc. Please post all questions, etc. in the actual thread and simply send me a link.

Thanks,
Harry

- nokian - 2011-06-19

Harry Muscle Wrote:Look for any build for ATV1 after June 1 and it will contain the Slingbox code. Chances are you won't find it on this thread, but look around on other threads, etc.

Harry

Just upgraded to the latest nightly. It worked like a charm. I'm a happy camper now Smile

Hope you'll increase the resolution and bitrate in the future.

Many Thanks Harry!

- DonJ - 2011-06-20

@ Harry

Would appreciate it if you can insert all necessary info to setup the Slingbox Client on the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Slingbox_Client

- ktjensen - 2011-06-22

Will this work with a remote slingbox server, if I can get the remote IP address. Assuming the address is fixed, or at least known?

- Harry Muscle - 2011-06-22

DonJ Wrote:@ Harry

Would appreciate it if you can insert all necessary info to setup the Slingbox Client on the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Slingbox_Client

Thanks for creating the wiki page. I'll try to add more info when I find some spare time, which has been at a premium lately Smile

Thanks,
Harry

- Harry Muscle - 2011-06-22

ktjensen Wrote:Will this work with a remote slingbox server, if I can get the remote IP address. Assuming the address is fixed, or at least known?

What exactly do you mean by "slingbox server" ... are you simply referring to a remote Slingbox? If that's the case, then yes this will work with it. Or has Sling Media released some sort of server I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Harry

- Manuito - 2011-06-22

Hi,

Is there an option somewhere to enable or increase the buffer? I'm watching now my Slingbox on ATV2 and it was very easy to configure, but the stream is a little bit slow, intermittent, even with a good internet connection on both sides. It works perfectly using the original Slingplayer for PC, Mac or Iphone, so I guess it has something to do with buffering.

Also... how can I change channels on ATV2? I do not use the infrared transmitter, as the stream comes directly from the coaxial cable.

Thank you!