Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

yep - cooltech - 2011-07-30

boognish43 Wrote:I was hoping to get this working with my setup and was hoping someone could tell me what I need to get.

I dont have a slingbox currently, which one works with this? From what I gather only the slingbox solo will work.. is that correct?

I also need a spare cable box dedicated to the slingbox correct?

thanks for any answers.. hope to get this going soon!

Long Live XBMC and the many many awesome people working on stuff like this!

yes, i have this working with the solo and a spare cable box. if not a spare box then when u change the channels whoever watching the tv it's connected to will get switched too.

- Chimera2345 - 2011-08-08

Will this client work with the Dish Network "Sling Adapter"? Mine will be arriving tomorrow and it would be awesome to have Sling integration in my theater room without having to go to the DishOnline site. I'm guessing since the adapter connects directly to the Dish receiver and doesn't have it's own IP address that it might not work with this client, but you never know Smile

- bulldo3er - 2011-08-09

Great work Harry. Works like a charm. The only thing i am having issues with is getting the channel up and down to work.

I followed the wiki and got the following from slingbox properties:
Key Codes: 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 36, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 46

I tried modifying the SlingboxSettings.xml below(substituting XX and YY with values above in hexadecimal) and no channel changes is happening.

Any ideas? Thx

<buttons>
<channelup>XX</channelup>
<channeldown>YY</channeldown>
</buttons>

- ktjensen - 2011-08-12

Harry Muscle Wrote:@ ktjensen

A lot of the problems you are describing are more Slingbox issues, than anything to do with XBMC.

This is correct. The issues of using a SLINGBOX via a remote WAN connection are problems with the SLINGBOX and not with XBMC or the software that is discussed on this thread. But I am adding more notes.

The slingbox is very random with its communication over the internet. Mostly because PORTS will get blocked by ISP companies; or by software in routers, that refuse to keep odd ports open for more than a few hours (like port 5001). These are suspicious problems for the slingbox, but highly likely used to prevent possible virus activity through routers and from remote users.

See July 20, 2010 post by EFERS in the link attached. So the next step to getting a more stable slingbox over remote wan, is to change and adjust port numbers. Hope this makes a difference long term. Supposedly port 443 works a lot better.

http://answers.slingbox.com/thread/3651

- ticex - 2011-08-19

Absolutely superb!! Just what I need for my setup Big Grin Thanks a lot Harry!!

However, I might be missing something as try as I might I simply can't get the remote settings to change on my Windows install. Right from the default my numbers get sent +1, ie. 2 sends 3, 3 sends 4 etc. and pressing 1 sends mute. I've made a SlingboxSettings.xml file, read the numbers shown in slingplayer, converted them to HEX and placed it in:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

However, no matter what I put in this file there's no change and everything works just like default without any change. I'd be really grateful for any advice as I'm starting to pull my hair out here :-)

Here's what I've put in the .xml file:

<slingboxsettings>
<slingbox>
<buttons>
<channelup>2E</channelup>
<channeldown>2F</channeldown>
<one>09</one>
<two>09</two>
<three>0A</three>
<four>0B</four>
<five>0C</five>
<six>0D</six>
<seven>0E</seven>
<eight>0F</eight>
<nine>10</nine>
<zero>11</zero>
</buttons>
</slingbox>
</slingboxsettings>

Thanks!

Pro-HD compatability?? - mabittin - 2011-08-19

is there a reason to be optimistic that Pro-HD boxes will work in the future?

- Harry Muscle - 2011-08-20

ticex Wrote:Absolutely superb!! Just what I need for my setup Big Grin Thanks a lot Harry!!

However, I might be missing something as try as I might I simply can't get the remote settings to change on my Windows install. Right from the default my numbers get sent +1, ie. 2 sends 3, 3 sends 4 etc. and pressing 1 sends mute. I've made a SlingboxSettings.xml file, read the numbers shown in slingplayer, converted them to HEX and placed it in:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

However, no matter what I put in this file there's no change and everything works just like default without any change. I'd be really grateful for any advice as I'm starting to pull my hair out here :-)

Here's what I've put in the .xml file:

<slingboxsettings>
<slingbox>
<buttons>
<channelup>2E</channelup>
<channeldown>2F</channeldown>
<one>09</one>
<two>09</two>
<three>0A</three>
<four>0B</four>
<five>0C</five>
<six>0D</six>
<seven>0E</seven>
<eight>0F</eight>
<nine>10</nine>
<zero>11</zero>
</buttons>
</slingbox>
</slingboxsettings>

Thanks!

If you can provide a full debug log we might be able to to figure out what's going on ... but without that ... it's all just a guess.

Harry

- Harry Muscle - 2011-08-20

mabittin Wrote:is there a reason to be optimistic that Pro-HD boxes will work in the future?

I've actually figured out a way to stream from the Pro-HD, I've just been too busy with life to implement it. But just to warn you, the quality isn't the greatest.

Thanks,
Harry

- mabittin - 2011-08-21

is it worse than standard def?

Will someone share acct so I can test? - jlc403 - 2011-08-24

Hi all. I am going to be out of the area for a while and really want to keep access to sports....I have original Xbox with latest Nightly of XBMC4XBOX and am wondering if someone would be so kind as to grant me TEMPORARY access to their slingbox so I might see if the quality is good enough before I go out and buy one for myself....

Please email or PM....

Thanks!!

-Josh

- Tyler2191 - 2011-08-25

I feel so retarded that I can't figure this out when it seems to be so simple. I just need to "add video source".

I'm running XBMC 10.1 for Windows. I go to Video ->Add Source->Click None and edit it with the string, sling://administrator:[email protected]:5001/input and it says can't connect to that source. I've tried without the port since it's the default anyway and without the /input at the end.

On the slingplayer windows app i can see it's using that IP address and that port number. I thought maybe my password was wrong, so i changed it and tried again, no luck, but yet can get to it with the slingplayer app/iphone app.

Am I doing something wrong?

- zydeco - 2011-08-25

I think you have to run a nightly build. The code isn't in the official release that I'm aware of.

- ktjensen - 2011-08-25

1) nightly build
2) drop the "/input" on the end
3) make sure no one else is using the slingbox
4) password has to be the SLINGBOX password, and not your SLING online account password.
5) make sure that your router is set to pass port 5001 for that IP address. Most routers have firewalls that block many if not all ports.
6) make sure you are using Slingbox Solo, as that seems to only work

- Harry Muscle - 2011-08-26

ktjensen Wrote:1) nightly build
2) drop the "/input" on the end
3) make sure no one else is using the slingbox
4) password has to be the SLINGBOX password, and not your SLING online account password.
5) make sure that your router is set to pass port 5001 for that IP address. Most routers have firewalls that block many if not all ports.
6) make sure you are using Slingbox Solo, as that seems to only work

Just wanted to clarify point 6 real quick ... pretty much all models except the Pro HD work. And even that model will work soon.

Harry

- Harry Muscle - 2011-08-26

Tyler2191 Wrote:I feel so retarded that I can't figure this out when it seems to be so simple. I just need to "add video source".

I'm running XBMC 10.1 for Windows. I go to Video ->Add Source->Click None and edit it with the string, sling://administrator:[email protected]:5001/input and it says can't connect to that source. I've tried without the port since it's the default anyway and without the /input at the end.

On the slingplayer windows app i can see it's using that IP address and that port number. I thought maybe my password was wrong, so i changed it and tried again, no luck, but yet can get to it with the slingplayer app/iphone app.

Am I doing something wrong?

We need a full debug log to be able to help out.

Harry