Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Harry Muscle - 2011-02-23

crackers8199 Wrote:hey harry, are you still in need of a slingbox pro-hd to test? i'm very anxiously watching this thread to see if someone can get this working on the apple tv, it would be nice to be able to use that as a true slingcatcher (or at least one of some sort) rather than needing a directv box in every room in the house...

Actually I could use that ... it seems in the last two weeks we've had two users of the Pro-HD that have had all resolutions encrypted ... and as far as I recall I thought I had tested things with this model just fine. If you don't mind PM me the details (ip address, port, username, password) and let me know when I can access it over the next day or two.

Thanks,
Harry

piniata Wrote:"slingadress"? what is itHuh because a tried with every frekin`ip adress Ill could find in "slingplayer" but non of them work. haw do i find my "slingadress"?

P.S! Yes I´m A newbie.

It's the IP address of your Slingbox. The official SlingPlayer can use either an IP address or a FinderID (or something called close to that). Try getting your official SlingPlayer working with an IP address first and then transfer the info over to XBMC. Best I can do without being at your place and doing it for you Smile

Harry

sofakng Wrote:Does anybody know of a way to record/capture Slingbox streams? (espicially Dish Network Sling Adapter/DVR content)

This addon looks extremely useful and maybe I can look at the source and try to figure it out myself but it's probably a bit too complicated for me.

It's easily doable with my code ... but you'd need to program an interface for it, etc., which is something XBMC doesn't support at the moment. Maybe once the PVR stuff get's added in.

Harry

- crackers8199 - 2011-02-23

Harry Muscle Wrote:Actually I could use that ... it seems in the last two weeks we've had two users of the Pro-HD that have had all resolutions encrypted ... and as far as I recall I thought I had tested things with this model just fine. If you don't mind PM me the details (ip address, port, username, password) and let me know when I can access it over the next day or two.

Thanks,
Harry

pm sent - let me know if you got it (i sent it but it didn't show up in my outbox)...

Slingbox HD - NavSat - 2011-02-23

Hi,

I am planning to purchase a Slingbox HD soon. I'll let you know how it works with a Sky HD satellite receiver.

XBMC Dharma
Mac Mini
Dreambox 500 HD

- Harry Muscle - 2011-02-24

NavSat Wrote:Hi,

I am planning to purchase a Slingbox HD soon. I'll let you know how it works with a Sky HD satellite receiver.

XBMC Dharma
Mac Mini
Dreambox 500 HD

Just a friendly heads up ... there's now three user's who have had their Slingbox HD encrypt all resolutions ... I'm starting to think that maybe the one Slingbox HD I tested that worked just fine on resolutions below 320x240 is the exception, not the rule. Good news is that so far all reported Slingbox Solo are working below 320x240 resolutions.

Harry

- crackers8199 - 2011-02-24

Harry Muscle Wrote:Just a friendly heads up ... there's now three user's who have had their Slingbox HD encrypt all resolutions ... I'm starting to think that maybe the one Slingbox HD I tested that worked just fine on resolutions below 320x240 is the exception, not the rule. Good news is that so far all reported Slingbox Solo are working below 320x240 resolutions.

Harry

harry, did you get my pm and were you able to get in and test with my slingbox pro-hd at all today?

- akilleuz - 2011-02-24

Hi

Im very interested in this and may buy my firstemmig slingbox because of your ! Good work! But Could you please mane a list of the features's/limitations and todo of the plugin?

Best regards

Akilleuz

akilleuz Wrote:Hi

Im very interested in this and may buy my firstemmig slingbox because of your ! Good work! But Could you please mane a list of the features's/limitations and todo of the plugin?

Best regards

Akilleuz

I can give you a quick list ...

So far all Slingboxes have any stream with a resolution higher than 320x240 encrypted (320x240 and below are fine). So far the majority of Pro-HD boxes have all stream resolutions encrypted and are currently unwatchable with this patch. So the Slingbox Solo and anything older is fine at resolutions of 320x240 or below (based on feedback received so far). The patch only supports the channel up/down and 0-9 buttons if you require an IR-blaster attached to your Slingbox to change channels. The patch also requires an IP address, not the Finder-ID, of your Slingbox. I think that sums up all the restrictions. As for to do items, there's really only one that would be needed ... crack the encryption for higher resolutions. I've been trying to figure out ways to work on that, but the problem is the ffmpeg libraries that do the actual decoding of the wmv file are not debuggable, except for manual printf debugging, which would take so long, I think Sling Media would be out of business before I crack their encryption Smile

Harry

crackers8199 Wrote:harry, did you get my pm and were you able to get in and test with my slingbox pro-hd at all today?

Yup, got your PM, thank you. I was able to connect for a few minutes yesterday and indeed your box is another one that has all resolutions encrypted. I'm starting to think most Pro-HD boxes are like that. The good news is that it's the same type of encryption as what my Slingbox does at higher resolutions, so I can reproduce things at home. Meaning if I find a way to actually debug the code that deals with decoding a wmv file I can work on it at home with my own Slingbox ... so for now I probably won't be connecting again to yours for a while. But if/when I crack the encryption I will probably bug you again if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Harry

- crackers8199 - 2011-02-25

Harry Muscle Wrote:Yup, got your PM, thank you. I was able to connect for a few minutes yesterday and indeed your box is another one that has all resolutions encrypted. I'm starting to think most Pro-HD boxes are like that. The good news is that it's the same type of encryption as what my Slingbox does at higher resolutions, so I can reproduce things at home. Meaning if I find a way to actually debug the code that deals with decoding a wmv file I can work on it at home with my own Slingbox ... so for now I probably won't be connecting again to yours for a while. But if/when I crack the encryption I will probably bug you again if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Harry

sure, no problem...just let me know when. Smile

btw, i'm also a programmer by day and i know c++ rather well...if there's anything i can help with on this let me know, i'll do my best. i'm anxious to get it working to see if it can be integrated into xbmc on an apple tv...

- Atv2 - 2011-02-25

crackers8199 Wrote:sure, no problem...just let me know when. Smile

btw, i'm also a programmer by day and i know c++ rather well...if there's anything i can help with on this let me know, i'll do my best. i'm anxious to get it working to see if it can be integrated into xbmc on an apple tv...

This should be possible and a truely amazing thing at that!

- Harry Muscle - 2011-02-25

crackers8199 Wrote:sure, no problem...just let me know when. Smile

Well, the one thing I'm having a hard time with is creating an environment to figure out the encryption used by the Slingbox for these higher resolutions (or all the resolutions on most of the Pro-HD boxes). To figure out the encryption I need to be able to debug the code that decodes a wmv file, which in the case of XBMC is the ffmpeg libraries, problem is though that they are not debuggable alongside XBMC. I've looked at other programs that also play wmv files, but they either also use ffmpeg, or they use DirectShow which likewise isn't debuggable. So if you're aware of a way to debug ffmpeg that's GUI based (cause commmand prompt debugging just isn't something I enjoy doing for fun Smile ), please let me know ... or if you're aware of another app that decodes wmv files itself and is debuggable, let me know too. If I can come up with either I would like to work on cracking the remaining encryption.

Thanks,
Harry

linux build for xbmc - wturnerharris - 2011-02-26

@ Harry Muscle: Got your PM. Please let me know if/when you need to use my SB Pro HD for testing. It looks like all my resolutions are encrypted. No audio and picture is somewhat clear save for a dozen artifacts.

Here is a link to the build I made for Ubuntu 10.10 if anyone wants to try it out. Make sure to build dep for xbmc first to get all the dependencies.
Code:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc

- piniata - 2011-02-26

Harry Muscle Wrote:It's the IP address of your Slingbox. The official SlingPlayer can use either an IP address or a FinderID (or something called close to that). Try getting your official SlingPlayer working with an IP address first and then transfer the info over to XBMC. Best I can do without being at your place and doing it for you Smile

Harry

Hi Harry
i am trying to get the ip numder from my sling box but it is in anoter city in my parents house and they are using an router so the only ip number i see is 192.168 someting. but that wouldnt do it for me who lives in a different city. The actual question is: how do i get my "real" ip numder for my slingbox to make it work and where do i look for it? I tryed every freakin ip number i could find but non of them works...

can i see the "right" ip number in my slingplayer where i´m streaming from some how or do i have to go home to my parents to get itHuh

Please help....Sad