Kodi Community Forum
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=82628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

- smilenkovski - 2010-11-13

Very elegant flags.
Thank you

- mobious - 2010-11-13

Quick question since I am not able to check out the new update as of this moment, the new flags, have they replaced the old ones or is there an option to turn them on like the monochrome flags? Because I am really fond of the old flags and would hate to see them go.

- PatOso - 2010-11-15

I like the color flags.
One question. because fanart was removed the press info?
Greetings

- azido - 2010-11-15

Man, i absolutely love your skin.. if you could only get rid of the blue glow and make it grey instead, so it doesn't "disturb" the underlying fanart Smile And it doesn't even match the cyan fonts.

As i did not dig into xbmc's latest changes for about a year: is there a way to unpack textures.xbt so i could do color changes for myself - or do i need to bug you again and again until you add a dark/grey color scheme? Rolleyes

- zwat - 2010-11-15

hi azido, long time no see. do git and u have the full control. Big Grin

- mcborzu - 2010-11-16

azido Wrote:Man, i absolutely love your skin.. if you could only get rid of the blue glow and make it grey instead, so it doesn't "disturb" the underlying fanart Smile And it doesn't even match the cyan fonts.

As i did not dig into xbmc's latest changes for about a year: is there a way to unpack textures.xbt so i could do color changes for myself - or do i need to bug you again and again until you add a dark/grey color scheme? Rolleyes

You could try this mod...It has a nice white-ish glow around the posters.

All skins in the Repo will be in .xbt, to get folder structure use git/SVN of a skin...

- mcborzu - 2010-11-17

11/16/2010
-behind the scenes cleanup
-change all poster glows/highlights to white
-started to organize my /colors/default.xml for easier modding

I like the white glow, think it looks fresher, cleaner....

Before:

After:

Easier to change code to customize look, at bottom of colors/default.xml:
PHP Code:
<!-- Night easier to mod colors 11-16 -->

<
color name="mainblue">FF67ffff</color>
    <
color name="mainbluedarker">FF15efd9</color>
    <
color name="highlight_selection">FFFFFFFF</color>
    <
color name="poster_glow">FFFFFFFF</color>
    <
color name="episode_view_unfocused">ff959494</color>
    <
color name="episode_view_focus">FF67ffff</color

mainblue= teal text
highlight_selection= files/settings selection highlight
poster_glow= all the glows around an image

Those are the main 3, change those and you have a different looking 'Night'

- xmurrx - 2010-11-17

what do I have to change to get it back to blue? im not good with code.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-17

If I decide to keep it, I'll include some color mods to swap. If you dont think you'd like it either keep a backup of Night, or re-download via the Addon repo

or change these, in skin.night/colors/default.xml:
Quote:<color name="mainblue">FF67ffff</color>
<color name="mainbluedarker">FF15efd9</color>
<color name="highlight_selection">FFFFFFFF</color>
<color name="poster_glow">FFFFFFFF</color>

to:
Quote:<color name="mainblue">FF67ffff</color>
<color name="mainbluedarker">FF15efd9</color>
<color name="highlight_selection">FF67ffff</color>
<color name="poster_glow">FF67ffff</color>

- xmurrx - 2010-11-17

thanks for the quick response

- mobious - 2010-11-17

I agree the white glow looks alot "fresher" and nicer than the old blue glow. Nice addition Mcborzu.

- KiSUAN - 2010-11-17

Holy crap, lot of work tonight :p

Nice changes Big Grin

- sufreak - 2010-11-17

Hey..I've been disconnected from this thread for a while. I am not home to check, but I want to give this skin another shot.

From the screenshots, I saw that we can customize the sub-menus. Can we also add a custom playlist/bookmark to the main menu?

Also, is there any chance that the banner view for TV shows is available? I know I had mentioned it a while back, but I didn't see it brought up again. I know the TV logo view is there, but it is a bit of overkill for the simple nice effect of banners. especially for watch/delete type of shows.

- Flomaster - 2010-11-17

only problem I have is every once in a while when trying to git pull to update I get this error.

Quote:error: Your local changes to '720p/DialogFullScreenInfo.xml' would be overwritte n by merge. Aborting.
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.

now if I remove 720p/DialogFullScreenInfo.xml and git pull again I get another error for some thing else, etc etc.

only way I seem to be able to update is to remove the skin.night and git clone again.

-=Jason=-

- zwat - 2010-11-17

and u did not do any changes to those files? i change my files and get that message. i just rename the files it gives me error on and redo my changes to them.