Kodi Community Forum
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=82628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

- hikaricore - 2010-11-25

azido Wrote:i hope you feel better now.

Actually I'm tired and hungry. ^_^

- KiSUAN - 2010-11-29

Silly question mcborzu, wich font did you use for the "Night" logo? Cuz I've been searching for 2 days now with no luck, and just from does 5 letters I love it, must have it in collection. Tell me pretty please...

- mcborzu - 2010-11-29

KiSUAN Wrote:Silly question mcborzu, wich font did you use for the "Night" logo? Cuz I've been searching for 2 days now with no luck, and just from does 5 letters I love it, must have it in collection. Tell me pretty please...

Comfortaa, yea I love that font. I actually used it in Night at the very beginning:

- KiSUAN - 2010-11-30

It didn't look bad in the titles, dunno in how much you use it.

Anyway, thx.

- papill6n - 2010-11-30

Does there exist a page explaining how to use a specific font in XBMC/Night?

- mcborzu - 2010-11-30

papill6n Wrote:Does there exist a page explaining how to use a specific font in XBMC/Night?

Very odd that you ask that as reason I'm been quiet past week is I have been gutting Night and switching to unicode fonts...

But for any skin fonts are defined in fonts.xml and fonts are stored in skin.name/fonts

- fredphoesh - 2010-12-04

Hi, and well done for a very good skin. I love the overall look of it, the animations etc, very "sexy"!

I have a few suggestions because there are a couple of things I find very frustrating about xbmc skins in general, and a couple about yours in particular.

1/ playing music, there seems to be no way to toggle between the now playing track list/album art type window and the full screen one which has a player at the bottom and allows you to choose to show lyrics. I do not know how to get to your screen like this, I have done it inadvertently, but it seems very hard to do.

2/ I would love a way for your skin to scrape for google image fan art instead of fan art which is no better really, and often has nothing at all. Google images always has something, even if it is completely irrelevant, it can be funny and you can see why that image came up in the search. See JRiver Media Center for very good implementation of this.

3/ it would be great to have single keyboard commands for many things but mostly:
1/ going home
2/ show playing now
3/ toggling between full lyrics enabled view and track list (as in point 1)

4/ there does not seem to be much consistency between skins WRT, for example, what happens when you are playing a track then press ESC to go home, then press Music>artists. Does it go to artists (expected) or does it go back to where you were before you escaped to home. This behaviour is not well executed in any skin that I have tried IMO. This is just an example of it, but it would be great if there was more consistency in navigation behaviour.

Thanks again for a great rom, I will also write a similar post in the general skins section.

Cheers!
Mark.

- fredphoesh - 2010-12-04

fredphoesh Wrote:4/ there does not seem to be much consistency between skins WRT, for example, what happens when you are playing a track then press ESC to go home, then press Music>artists. Does it go to artists (expected) or does it go back to where you were before you escaped to home.

I think the logic in your skin is that if you INITIALLY navigate to a track via music>aritst, then once you are playing that track, return to the main menu, press music>artist again, you will go back to where you were rather than see the list of artists... and if you go back to home and then instead press music>album, then it WILL show you a list of albums. So the logic is it will show you what you are asking for if you choose a different view of the music.

i think this may be a bug because if you wanted to go back to where you were, you would just choose Music in the main menu and not music>artist or music>album

Thanks mate,
Mark.

- KiSUAN - 2010-12-04

You should learn the keys X:\Folder you choose to install XBMC\XBMC\system\keymaps

That's the answer to all your comments.

- zwat - 2010-12-05

may i suggest a new sorting on the flags order. VideoTypeHackFlaggingConditions, VideoCodecFlaggingConditions, AspectCodecFlaggingConditions, AudioCodecFlaggingConditions and maybe studio flags behind there again (either as own includename or as a image hack et the end of audiocodecflaggingconditions). i would also suggest that the audiocodecflagging order swaped with codec first then channels.

my version of night with purity flags

- mcborzu - 2010-12-05

zwat Wrote:may i suggest a new sorting on the flags order. VideoTypeHackFlaggingConditions, VideoCodecFlaggingConditions, AspectCodecFlaggingConditions, AudioCodecFlaggingConditions and maybe studio flags behind there again (either as own includename or as a image hack et the end of audiocodecflaggingconditions). i would also suggest that the audiocodecflagging order swaped with codec first then channels.

my version of night with purity flags

I'm in the process of adding them right now, not sure about studio flags though as my preference is 5 flags, maybe 6. I'd definably do not want to go above 6...

- mobious - 2010-12-05

mcborzu Wrote:I'm in the process of adding them right now, not sure about studio flags though as my preference is 5 flags, maybe 6. I'd definably do not want to go above 6...
I would have to agree, no more than 6 seems right for night. Can't wait for that update.

- fredphoesh - 2010-12-05

KiSUAN Wrote:You should learn the keys X:\Folder you choose to install XBMC\XBMC\system\keymaps

That's the answer to all your comments.

KiSUAN, what I can see in the xml file is a long list of keyboard commands, but none help with Now Playing, or toggling between full lyrics enabled view and track list, which are my two main requests. SEE IMAGES LINKED BELOW!

Im not sure what the particular screen is called in XBMC, but the one I call "lyrics screen" is the one where if you press M you get the option to see lyrics, visualisations etc... I have seen this screen in Night just a couple of times, but cannot seem to figure out how to get there and would like a keyboard command to toggle that screen and the Now Playing tracklist screen.

Tx
Mark

- chapusongs - 2010-12-06

fredphoesh Wrote:1/ playing music, there seems to be no way to toggle between the now playing track list/album art type window and the full screen one which has a player at the bottom and allows you to choose to show lyrics. I do not know how to get to your screen like this, I have done it inadvertently, but it seems very hard to do.

I think the TAB key will work for what you want to do (press it while listening a song, in the new window the "Lyrics" button will be in the menu).

- mcborzu - 2010-12-07

12/6/2010
-Fanart in 'Info' screen
-New Flags
-More little fixes due to unicode font switch

Thx to DanielOcean and KiSUAN for the flags...