Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma (/showthread.php?tid=82899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- butchabay - 2011-01-21

b771 Wrote:I already tried this but xbmc is always telling me that the installation failed.

Which version have you installed? Showmix 2.5 or Showmix Evolution beta?

- b771 - 2011-01-21

I installed Showmix 2.5

- butchabay - 2011-01-22

b771 Wrote:I installed Showmix 2.5

You have to download showmix evolution beta. I just downloaded now to test:

- These Aeon MODS are only for XBMC Dharma builds
- Download Aeon Showmix Evolution Beta
- Extract the rar file to C:\User\Home\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Addons
- Now you should have a skin named skin.showmixEvolution in your addons folder
- Start XBMC, go to settings, Apparence, Skin, and select Showmix Evolution
- Done

How said, i've tested it right now and the skin can be choosen without problems.

Actually i can't understand people having problems doing such a simple procedure. I understand that there are new users and maybe a bit confused,
about installing via repo, via zip.file etc... but finally you should have the skin in the addons folder of xbmc, preferable in the appdata folder.

Just try it and let me know.

cheers

- sergiocos - 2011-01-22

arrrrgh! mediafire acting crazy here. I can't download the skin, no matter the browser used. anyone else having problems with the DL link? maybe a mirror link? Wink

- b771 - 2011-01-22

My problem is solved, just had to delete one folder in between!

- tboooe - 2011-01-23

VERY small cosmetic issue found:

I noticed on the home screen the spacing between the menu items is not consistent. For example there is more space between Music and Movies than Shutdown and Pictures.

Nothing major but fixing this would help to make this skin almost perfect!

- johnny87au - 2011-01-23

hey is the beta version in the first post the FINAL release skin ? Do i have to download anything else to go with it ? thanks

Update - ZombieRobot - 2011-01-23

johnny87au Wrote:hey is the beta version in the first post the FINAL release skin ? Do i have to download anything else to go with it ? thanks

for now it is i have done quite a lot of work on the first final release but i dont have enough to put out a final release yet and its half done so cant upload what i have completed because i couldnt get hold of the textures for showmix it was kind of a lost cause i still would like to do some work on evolution and get a official release out some time in the near future.
I was basically locked out of the skin because i didnt have access to all the media as it is showmix is a very stable release as it is i would love to continue working on it if i had full access all my skinning time has been going on my full rebuild of aeon that was targeted at the apple tv i have put a lot of time into the rebuild it is a mixture between the original aeon and showmix 2.1 with a touch of Slik with the new ATV2/ ipad breakthrough i am very excited about my release it gona take a lot of work to get it to where the other aeon skins are but i think it will be worth it my first release will be a bit rough around the edges but i think i will release it soon premature because im sure people are wanting Aeon 4 ATV2 it totals 14mb has pvr support and has all the views except a lowlist also i have only got flat covers no coverflow style yet at the moment its quick very quick will be doing some testing as soon as i can on the ATV2 to see how it performs.

Once again i would love to get evolution/showmix back up off the ground its just a time factor .Confused

chur bo - silentwitness - 2011-01-23

hey zombierobot its phil here man, how was ur new years bro?? hope ya had a good 1, im having some trouble with xbmc not playing movies, is this a problem with xbmc looking in the wrong file location??

iv tried getting rid of xbmc and d/ling the new version, and the new version of showmix and everything sweet there but when i go to select and play any 1 of my movies it sais "this file is no longer available would you like to remove from library?"

im confuses why it is doin this, i have 2 folders of movies,
one folder is "hight definition movies" which are all the movies you gave me,
and the other "low definition movies" from a few other ppl
is the a problem with having 2 folders?? any way i outta ideas mabe you can help

cheers phil

- johnny87au - 2011-01-23

ZombieRobot Wrote:for now it is i have done quite a lot of work on the first final release but i dont have enough to put out a final release yet and its half done so cant upload what i have completed because i couldnt get hold of the textures for showmix it was kind of a lost cause i still would like to do some work on evolution and get a official release out some time in the near future.
I was basically locked out of the skin because i didnt have access to all the media as it is showmix is a very stable release as it is i would love to continue working on it if i had full access all my skinning time has been going on my full rebuild of aeon that was targeted at the apple tv i have put a lot of time into the rebuild it is a mixture between the original aeon and showmix 2.1 with a touch of Slik with the new ATV2/ ipad breakthrough i am very excited about my release it gona take a lot of work to get it to where the other aeon skins are but i think it will be worth it my first release will be a bit rough around the edges but i think i will release it soon premature because im sure people are wanting Aeon 4 ATV2 it totals 14mb has pvr support and has all the views except a lowlist also i have only got flat covers no coverflow style yet at the moment its quick very quick will be doing some testing as soon as i can on the ATV2 to see how it performs.

Once again i would love to get evolution/showmix back up off the ground its just a time factor .Confused

So which skin do you think i should get since yours isnt quite finished, The ] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma ??

- ZombieRobot - 2011-01-23

johnny87au Wrote:So which skin do you think i should get since yours isnt quite finished, The ] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma ??

Get evolution it's showmix dharma with loads of bug fixes and some new features

- ZombieRobot - 2011-01-23

silentwitness Wrote:hey zombierobot its phil here man, how was ur new years bro?? hope ya had a good 1, im having some trouble with xbmc not playing movies, is this a problem with xbmc looking in the wrong file location??

iv tried getting rid of xbmc and d/ling the new version, and the new version of showmix and everything sweet there but when i go to select and play any 1 of my movies it sais "this file is no longer available would you like to remove from library?"

im confuses why it is doin this, i have 2 folders of movies,
one folder is "hight definition movies" which are all the movies you gave me,
and the other "low definition movies" from a few other ppl
is the a problem with having 2 folders?? any way i outta ideas mabe you can
help

cheers phil

Bro you need to make go into movies in Xbmc and press c on the keyboard then click refresh the libary if that doesn't work you need to do a full uninstall of Xbmc than reinstall you can have loads of folders also try plugging your hdd into a different USB port what the problem is is Xbmc is looking for hdd d or something when you plug it in another USB on the computer it gives it another name like hdd g or somthing

- dascmo - 2011-01-23

@ZombieRobot

Looking forward to Aeon Lite. Keep up the awsome work.

Thanks,

- johnny87au - 2011-01-24

ZombieRobot Wrote:Get evolution it's showmix dharma with loads of bug fixes and some new features

The link in your sig right??

- ZombieRobot - 2011-01-24

yep