Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-07-11

gugahoi Wrote:I've implemented the MFP theme from your version. One problem came up tho: there are too many sections to fit in the page so my solution was to get the programs and make a dock. It looks like this:

Like that idea a lot

Quote:I want to get it in the page "frame" but can't do it for some reason. If you can find another alternative over a dock let me know...
I can use CSS to 'Dock' the dock to thee bottom of the frame.

Quote:This is virtually it. Everything seems to work. All settings. Have to improve some things still but this is fully functional. We only have to add some info about the settings on each section and perfect some other things. But I believe this is 99% ready. What do you think?
I think $sublinks needs adding.

Quote:I'll also have to write some kind of instructions for developers that may want to make new widgets on how to use the settings to implement it in 'cause it's quite messy now.

Is it hard coded CSS still? I will attempt to address that too.

I also think the side menu would be better as mentioned by Mikie. Also, can the page reload after saving the settings?
My menu gets stuck out when save is clicked and I can't work out why.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-11

rflores2323 Wrote:Shouldnt the top nagivation panel stay?
I certainly should and does on mine.
rflores2323 Wrote:I am missing however the picture for sickbeard on the navigation panel for dejavu mod. How can I fix this?
This is because it depends on the way the Navlink is typed.

It is CaSe sensitive and has to be put in as -

?p=SickBeard
?p=CouchPotato
?p=SabNZBd

Default is set to look for Sickbeard.png when it is SickBeard.png.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-11

DejaVu Wrote:I certainly should and does on mine.

I tried it on on chrome and firefox and it doesnt stay on the top on mine.

DejaVu Wrote:This is because it depends on the way the Navlink is typed.

It is CaSe sensitive and has to be put in as -

?p=SickBeard
?p=CouchPotato
?p=SabNZBd

Default is set to look for Sickbeard.png when it is SickBeard.png.

ok I see that now and changed it.

when do you think the dock will be implemented? That looks really cool. Also what about a widget on recently seen movies/tv from xbmc and then you can rate them from the widget also? that might be pretty cool thru the trakt website.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-11

rflores2323 Wrote:when do you think the dock will be implemented?

Not long now! Wink
But maybe changed to have the menu down the left.

I'm not sure I'm too keen. It's a bit 'Apple' ish (no offence to Mac users! :p)

BTW -
The change is pretty simple.

Code:
.dock-container {
    position:relative;
    height:50px;
    padding-left:0;
    bottom:50
bottom: is changed to 50, which means 50 pixels from the bottom, but because it's set as relative, it moves or adjusts with the resolution (or at least it should).

I've wiped my recent changes, I'm gonna do it again once that bit of code for the sublinks (if it's coming) is added. Kinda needed for my Footer to work. Wink

The latest one with 'all the goodies' IMO, is a mix of mine and Guga's ATM. Big Grin

DejaVu Wrote:Not long now! Wink
But maybe changed to have the menu down the left.

I'm not sure I'm too keen. It's a bit 'Apple' ish (no offence to Mac users! :p)

BTW -
The change is pretty simple.

Code:
.dock-container {
bottom: is changed to 50, which means 50 pixels from the bottom, but because it's set as relative, it moves or adjusts with the resolution (or at least it should).

what repo would this be in so that I can clone it.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-11

MediaFrontPage Official and it's the INI Branch.

https://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage/tree/INI

It's still waiting for my menu I think.

BTW - the CSS that needs changing is settings.css

ok so how do I get the INI branch?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-11

I found this from another forum... I usually just download it manually -

git clone git://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage.git /var/www
cd /var/www
git fetch
git checkout --track -b INI origin/remote-branch-name

It might be wrong, but that would be the way Github explains how to do it.

You can go to the Repo Branch and click the download button and get the Zip (What I do).

- gugahoi - 2011-07-12

_Mikie_ Wrote:Its the INI Branch.

GORGEOUS! Couple small things I picked up.

1. Turn widgets on/off in settings
2. Ability to make system widget a custom length easily.
3. For the HDD widget have it so you don't need the : So instead of E: just E
4. When you click continue after the server checks go straight to config not to the home page.
5. Can't get global IP to work. Maybe me? EDIT: Unless global IP doesn't affect navbar?

Also if you add an IP does it overwrite Global IP? If yes then I don't think you should put default as localhost as this messes everything up because you don't realize you need to delete them when you add global ip.

6. Instead of dock. Under Global have a menu down the left which has main and then each of the other services.

1. Good idea. Dunno how it can be done, but it's a good idea nonetheless.
2. I don't understand this one.
3. I don't know how feasible this is because we are catering for all OS's so no everyone has that kind of path.
4. Ye, that sounds about right.
5. Ye it does overwrite it. I'm going to put a warning in the pages for that but maybe you are right, I should delete localhost from it.
6. Thought about that as well. Even a drop down menu from a "programs" title or something. I just happen to like the dock. There probably is a better way to go about tho.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-12

DejaVu Wrote:I think $sublinks needs adding.

Forgot about that. Also need a web root section for reverse proxies.

DejaVu Wrote:
Code:
.dock-container {

That doesn't seem to do it on chrome here. I've tried everything but can't get it to work like that.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-12

Adding the widgets back in is just rewriting the widget back to the layout.php isnt it?

(sorry if me being a n00b made it sound simple! lol)

I know it's unlikely, but the Mac version of Chrome maybe slightly different than the PC version perhaps? Works a treat here. :p

- DejaVu - 2011-07-12

I've added the SubLink_Section to the settings.php and managed to get it saving the info to the INI. Really proud of myself working out how it works!

Only one problem. When clicking the other tabs, they only show 1 section. After clicking the one I added, it shows 2 sections. It's not 'closing the div' when changing section.

I reckon this is the settings.js doing them someplace, but I cannot see what I missed.
Any ideas?

- gugahoi - 2011-07-12

DejaVu Wrote:I've added the SubLink_Section to the settings.php and managed to get it saving the info to the INI. Really proud of myself working out how it works!

Only one problem. When clicking the other tabs, they only show 1 section. After clicking the one I added, it shows 2 sections. It's not 'closing the div' when changing section.

I reckon this is the settings.js doing them someplace, but I cannot see what I missed.
Any ideas?

That's impressive, it's so messy now that I find amazing someone can actually do anything with it hahah.

I'm not sure what you mean but don't worry about that. I have changed the way it works now. We can point to specific sections like so
Code:
settings.php#HardDrive_Widget

Still need some testing tho, something seems off. Will upload it now.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-07-12

gugahoi Wrote:1. Good idea. Dunno how it can be done, but it's a good idea nonetheless.
2. I don't understand this one.
3. I don't know how feasible this is because we are catering for all OS's so no everyone has that kind of path.
4. Ye, that sounds about right.
5. Ye it does overwrite it. I'm going to put a warning in the pages for that but maybe you are right, I should delete localhost from it.
6. Thought about that as well. Even a drop down menu from a "programs" title or something. I just happen to like the dock. There probably is a better way to go about tho.

1. Can't we someone create an if then statement in layout.php. So instead of deleting the widget from the layout it has an true/false statement so if true then show if false then don't. Probably a rewrite of the way the widgets work though..

2. The system widget is only like 3cm long and it makes it difficult to read because there is so much scrolling to do. Need a way to change its length from config without having to dive into css.

3. Maybe a little explanation/example for each OS then?

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-07-12

Hi, me again!

Is it possible to get this to support HTTPS as well? I have managed to get all my programs running through a proxy redirect for HTTPS, but it sort of breaks my widgets. My coming episodes says "moved here" and sabnzbd disappears. I've tried changing the "urls" in the don't edit part from http to https but this doesn't load them at all, I imagine there's more to it.

Workaround for the time being is adding the proxypass's for these into the VitrualHost for *:80.

Cheers!