Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- Archigos - 2011-07-21

rflores2323 Wrote:that is pretty cool but I would also suggest a function to turn it off if wanted. Looks awesome though.

Also any word on the mobile application for this?
the layout could really be improved on I think.
also upcoming episodes dont show
there are no other new widgets like trakt

rflores,
I'm still working on the iPad specific mobile site as well as a few more widgets, but the progress is slow (medical issues). What type of Trakt widget were you looking for? Something like this?

- gugahoi - 2011-07-21

thezoggy Wrote:http://cl.ly/3T2U1X2y0O2A3G3P1104

Oh yeah! Is it out ?

branlr Wrote:Just a thought--How about a Meebo Bar?

That is a very good idea. I have actually though about that in the past but never managed to get it. Maybe this meebo bar is what I was looking for!

branlr Wrote:Yeah, as well as AIM list, Facebook, GTalk, etc.

This would be great.

- greg613 - 2011-07-21

DejaVu Wrote:The idea would be to have ALL the programs open all at once and use the Navigation to fly to the Anchors - thus making things work better seeing as they will already load in the background.

The Mobile section has been a little neglected as of late and your right, it could do with a revisit.

I will look into making it look nicer - as for more widgets, I will have to leave that in the hands of the Guru for the time being (til I learn some more PHP!).

can you respond to my pm DejaVu ?

- steve1977 - 2011-07-21

DejaVu Wrote:Looking into it just now, it seems as though it's the ComingEpisode is doing this (if it's the only widget towards the bottom).

I've managed to get it working right, but this does depend on your resolution I think.

I changed this in /css/comingepisdoes.css (around line 138) -
Code:
    #main #wComingEpisodes.widget .widget-content {
        max-height:96%;

to
Code:
    #main #wComingEpisodes.widget .widget-content {
        max-height:92%;
and it no longder scrolls for me. Mess with that setting to get it just right.

92% works perfectly, thanks!!! Don't think it should depend on the resolution as you explained earlier (working for all resolutions). Two thing: (i) could you also make this change in your repo; (ii) any idea how I can make the same change for recent movies/TV shows. The height of XBMC library, recent TV shows, and recent movies together equals exactly the "old" upcoming episodes. Thus, scrolling again. Would be fantastic to also have this "fixed". Thanks!

_Mikie_ Wrote:Unfortunately even thought it was fixed for me on my windows box it broke for DejaVu and gugahoi on linux and mac.. Will have to re look at it at some stage..

That would be great, thanks! The slow-loading upcoming episodes is bogging me. Thanks!!!

steve1977 Wrote:Also, have seen that quite a bit has been added back to the main master repo. Would you suggest to use this these days? Is dejavu's navbar now part of the official repo as well?

Any thoughts where the "music is playing" now. Dejavu's repo? I just pulled the latest from his repo and headphones/subsonic don't work from the navbar yet.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-21

steve1977 Wrote:Any thoughts where the "music is playing" now. Dejavu's repo? I just pulled the latest from his repo and headphones/subsonic don't work from the navbar yet.

I've just added the "near-final" version of the settings page to the main repo. All is working and nice. Deja's navbar won't be added for now as we still have to iron some things if we want to add. But he is going to maintain a branch in the official repo with his modifications if people are happy with the way it is now.

I'll be developing with the main version for now so there will be two options in the foreseeable future I guess. Hopefully we will merge them tho.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-21

greg613 Wrote:can you respond to my pm DejaVu ?
I can, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to help - Widgets is not my strong point yet as I'm still learning PHP.
gugahoi Wrote:Maybe this meebo bar is what I was looking for
I'm not sure on this Meebo bar, obviously everyone planning on using it would need to sign up. I too have thought of ways of doing this and thought perhaps just a shoutbox hosted @ http://www.mediafrontpage.net (not shown) embedded into a widget might be a better idea?

steve1977 Wrote:92% works perfectly, thanks!!! Don't think it should depend on the resolution as you explained earlier (working for all resolutions). Two thing: (i) could you also make this change in your repo; (ii) any idea how I can make the same change for recent movies/TV shows. The height of XBMC library, recent TV shows, and recent movies together equals exactly the "old" upcoming episodes. Thus, scrolling again. Would be fantastic to also have this "fixed". Thanks!
I'll take a look, but stopping all the widgets from resizing might a little difficult.

steve1977 Wrote:Any thoughts where the "music is playing" now. Dejavu's repo? I just pulled the latest from his repo and headphones/subsonic don't work from the navbar yet.
Not sure I understand the question? I am yet to put the SubSonic 'hacks' information up on my Repo. But mine is working perfectly. I'm not sure why it's not working.

The Repo looks for Subsonic @ http://serverip:4040 & HeadPhones @ http://serverip:8181 as standard and are changable in the settings section.

gugahoi Wrote:I've just added the "near-final" version of the settings page to the main repo. All is working and nice. Deja's navbar won't be added for now as we still have to iron some things if we want to add. But he is going to maintain a branch in the official repo with his modifications if people are happy with the way it is now.

I'll be developing with the main version for now so there will be two options in the foreseeable future I guess. Hopefully we will merge them tho.
I'm struggling to get onto the 'DejaVu' branch on the Official Repo. I tried to commit to it a while back, but it would not let me merge the recent changes.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-21

gugahoi Wrote:I've just added the "near-final" version of the settings page to the main repo. All is working and nice.

Just downloaded the zip from official repo. The config is now really nice!!! Congrats for very nice work again. Just two Qs:

1) How will I need to input the navbar setting given I am using reverse-proxies. I left them blank, which didn't work. Then, I tried all kind of combos, but none worked out either.

2) I realized that my issue with the height of the "comingepsiodes" widget is actually not related to dejavu's repo and new navbar, but also happens with the official repo. The height of the widget is just a tiny bit too high that I need to scroll instead of just using one page without scrolling. Could this be changed?

Thanks again!!!

- DejaVu - 2011-07-21

steve1977 Wrote:Just downloaded the zip from official repo. The config is now really nice!!! Congrats for very nice work again. Just two Qs:

1) How will I need to input the navbar setting given I am using reverse-proxies. I left them blank, which didn't work. Then, I tried all kind of combos, but none worked out either.

NavBar settings need to be filled in -

SubSonic - programs.php?=SubSonic
HeadPHones - programs.php?=HeadPhones

(Case is important).

Reverse Proxies, you use the directory you have specified minus the /

IE -

Sickbeard - tv
CouchPotato - movies
etc

2) I realized that my issue with the height of the "comingepsiodes" widget is actually not related to dejavu's repo and new navbar, but also happens with the official repo. The height of the widget is just a tiny bit too high that I need to scroll instead of just using one page without scrolling. Could this be changed?

Yep! Smile

Thanks again!!!

Your welcome.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-21

DejaVu Wrote:NavBar settings need to be filled in -
SubSonic - programs.php?=SubSonic
HeadPHones - programs.php?=HeadPhones
(Case is important).
Reverse Proxies, you use the directory you have specified minus the /
IE -
Sickbeard - tv
CouchPotato - movies
etc

I just figured it out what to do. I believe the official repo does not work with programs.php (yet). How I got the reverse-proxy now working is to include
"/TV" without the "s for SB
"/sabnzbd" for sabnzbd
Makes sense and is clear and easy.

I still have the frame issue with subsonic, but will try again whether I made all changes you suggested in this thread.

Has anyone else been having issues with running subsonic as part MFP? It works perfectly in its own window, but I keep having the frame issue if run as part of the MFP/navbar.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-21

DejaVu Wrote:Files that need editing to get SubSonic to stop jumping out of the iFrame.

PlayAddDownload.jsp, top.jsp & main.jsp.

(Do NOT touch and Class or Java files)

PlayAddDownload.jsp
Change -
Code:
<a href="javascript:noop()" onclick="top.playlist.onAdd('${path}');">
To -
Code:
<a href="javascript:noop()" onclick="parent.playlist.onAdd('${path}');">

top.jsp
Change -
Code:
<a href="j_acegi_logout" target="_top">
To -
Code:
<a href="j_acegi_logout" target="_parent">

main.jsp
Change -
Code:
<a href="javascript:noop()" onclick="top.playlist.onPlay('${path}')"><fmt:message key="main.playall"/></a> |
        <a href="javascript:noop()" onclick="top.playlist.onPlayRandom('${path}', 10)"><fmt:message key="main.playrandom"/></a> |
        <a href="javascript:noop()" onclick="top.playlist.onAdd('${path}')"><fmt:message key="main.addall"/></a>
To -
Code:
<a href="javascript:noop()" onclick="parent.playlist.onPlay('${path}')"><fmt:message key="main.playall"/></a> |
        <a href="javascript:noop()" onclick="parent.playlist.onPlayRandom('${path}', 10)"><fmt:message key="main.playrandom"/></a> |
        <a href="javascript:noop()" onclick="parent.playlist.onAdd('${path}')"><fmt:message key="main.addall"/></a>

login.jsp
Change -
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
        if (window != window.top) {
            top.location.href = location.href;
        }
    </script>
To -
Code:
<!--    <script type="text/javascript">
        if (window != window.top) {
            top.location.href = location.href;
        }
    </script> -->

I triple-checked and actually made all changes correctly. It is still not working for me... Let me explain my issue again, which may actually be something different from what the "fix" above solves:

1) I log in at 192.168.1.110 to MFP - works well
2) I click on "subsonic" in the navbar - works well and shows exactly what it is supposed to show (i.e., all frames)
3) Once I click an artist (for music), only the frame with the albums shows (and of course the MFP navbar). So, I cannot change to other artists and in addition (for whatever reason) it also does not play

When opening subsonic in the "normal way" through URL directly (without MFP), everything works perfect.

Any more thoughts?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-21

Are you saying the Artist link in the left frame targets the Main iFrame and all the other frames disappear?

Take a screenshot of what happens when you click Artist and how it messes up, upload it here - http://www.postimage.org/ and I'll look into it. I'm not sure how that's doing it, but it might be a simple case of me making a new name for the iFrame created by the programs.php file (not that it has one...!?!)

- steve1977 - 2011-07-21

DejaVu Wrote:Are you saying the Artist link in the left frame targets the Main iFrame and all the other frames disappear?

Take a screenshot of what happens when you click Artist and how it messes up, upload it here - http://www.postimage.org/ and I'll look into it. I'm not sure how that's doing it, but it might be a simple case of me making a new name for the iFrame created by the programs.php file (not that it has one...!?!)

If I don't get it too work, I will probably just change to a subsonic mod, which doesn't use frames. I believe subtunes does not use frames, but not sure whether I like the itunes-like interface...

Anyhow, below what is happening:

Initially, looks like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------
|navbar incl. links to subsonic |
| top.jsp |
| | | |
| left.jsp | home.jsp | right.jsp |
| | | |
| |----------------------------|--------------|
| | |
| | playlist.jsp |
|_______________|___________________________________________|

When I then click any link in "left.jsp", the screen changes and looks like:

Code:

|navbar incl. links to subsonic |
| |
| home.jsp |
| |

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-21

Archigos Wrote:rflores,
I'm still working on the iPad specific mobile site as well as a few more widgets, but the progress is slow (medical issues). What type of Trakt widget were you looking for? Something like this?

yeah that is pretty cool and would like to add that widget to my mfp page. Can you provide the code to the devs on here. I was also thinking it would be cool to be able to rate the movie/tv shows direct from MFP on the last couple of movies that you have seen via trakt.

Dejavu- any way you can integrate this new widget for sharethe.tv and trakt that Archigos shows above if he provides the code?

- gugahoi - 2011-07-21

rflores2323 Wrote:yeah that is pretty cool and would like to add that widget to my mfp page. Can you provide the code to the devs on here. I was also thinking it would be cool to be able to rate the movie/tv shows direct from MFP on the last couple of movies that you have seen via trakt.

Dejavu- any way you can integrate this new widget for sharethe.tv and trakt that Archigos shows above if he provides the code?

the code for this is just an html tag probably available in trakt itself. Just copy paste. That's the same as the signature most people have here.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-21

gugahoi Wrote:the code for this is just an html tag probably available in trakt itself. Just copy paste. That's the same as the signature most people have here.

Cool why not integrate this wdiget into the main repo? Huh