Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-07-21

It's real simple. I'll add it now.

I'll jazz it up a smidge though - I did make one before the Trakt Widget existed the same as that, but it got dropped when Gugahoi created his (better) one. Smile

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-21

DejaVu Wrote:It's real simple. I'll add it now.

I'll jazz it up a smidge though - I did make one before the Trakt Widget existed the same as that, but it got dropped when Gugahoi created his (better) one. Smile

awesome.. let me know when added so I can update my repo. also when do you plan on added an update feature so that we can update automatically?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-21

I've done it, and also added ShareThe.TV's Username and Password to the Config. This will make it easier in the future if a widget gets made for it too. Smile

Updating now. Await my commit though.

I may still play with the way it looks, I'm not too happy with it yet.
I did think of making it a revolving slide show, but the images are different sizes and would look silly.

- Archigos - 2011-07-21

Sure Deja, steal my thunder... Laugh but yeah, it was extremely simplistic and that was the widget I was talking about where the new configuration variable wasn't working, so the one in the screenshot pulls Trakt name from config but was hard coded for ShareThe.

I'm making a little headway on the iPad CydGet but can't use PHP for that so I may stick to just working on the mobile interface.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-21

@Archigos - Sorry mate. Wasnt sure how far you'd got. :p

Added and all working, variables for ShareThe.TV are in the config on my Repo.
Should be working - want to present them better, but OK for now.

@steve1977

I'm struggling to recreate the problems your having. SubSonic works great for me and I have reinstalled my Repo twice, just incase I missed something.

I will look into the left.jsp and the frame targeted from it and see if that could do with changing.

*EDIT
It's very strange because the iframe has no name, so cannot be targeted.
The frame it is targeted to land in is called 'main' and should not go anywhere else other than the correct frame.

Are you using the latest version of SubSonic. What browser are you using?

*EDIT2
Is it just me, or does the login process seem to take forever?

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-07-22

Has anyone looked at MediaDog (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105712) for the Android front? I know it's an app at the moment, but the functionality looks amazing!

- steve1977 - 2011-07-22

DejaVu Wrote:@steve1977
I'm struggling to recreate the problems your having. SubSonic works great for me and I have reinstalled my Repo twice, just incase I missed something.

I will look into the left.jsp and the frame targeted from it and see if that could do with changing.

*EDIT
It's very strange because the iframe has no name, so cannot be targeted.
The frame it is targeted to land in is called 'main' and should not go anywhere else other than the correct frame.

Are you using the latest version of SubSonic. What browser are you using?

Using Subsonic 4.5.beta1 (build 2289) running on Win7x32. Accessing it with Chrome 12.0.742.122. Tried IExplorer and Opera as well, but same story. Also tried a computer with higher screen resolution, but also not working.

Really strange. All frames actually display correct, but upon pressing anything, I am left with the home.jsp frame (plus MFP navbar). Does not only happen when clicking anything in the left frame, but also when clicking anything in the top one (e.g., the "about" button).

One difference between my and your setting is that I am using reverse-proxies, but would not know why this makes a difference?

- DejaVu - 2011-07-22

Made lots of minor and a couple of larger updates to my Repo.
Some things I was not happy with.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-22

Hey fellas, I've implemented notifications on the settings page. No more annoying alerts every time you save. You can see it in action in the video below. Examples of errors are included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXC1d8vSZ-s

Has anyone had any problems with the settings page? It seems like some sections are faulty and I didn't see. I was sure they were working before.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-22

I did do, RSS and Control was not adding lines, but I sorted them out by changing the case of them.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-22

ok why am I getting this error when I try to do a git pull? This git stuff is confusing. Wish MFP had an update button on it liek SB, CP, and Headphones does. Can someone please help so that I dont have to keep re-installing this everytime a new commit is out.

I am using dejavu repo.

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-desktop:~$ cd /opt/lampp/htdocs/mediafrontpagexbmc
xbmc@xbmc-desktop:/opt/lampp/htdocs/mediafrontpagexbmc$ sudo git pull
[sudo] password for xbmc:
remote: Counting objects: 65, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (37/37), done.
remote: Total 51 (delta 32), reused 33 (delta 14)
Unpacking objects: 100% (51/51), done.
From git://github.com/DejaVu77/mediafrontpage
+ bb123fe...2b81a6d master     -> origin/master  (forced update)
Auto-merging settings.php
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in settings.php
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-22

Do a forced update -

sudo git pull -f

It means that some of the new settings are not 'mergable' and you should either do a fresh pull or force the changes. It's mainly just a warning that things are going to change! Smile

Might be an idea to hold of for half hour though, I'm trying to add the Notification for Saving settings that G added earlier... Turning out to be bit harder than I first thought it would be.

DejaVu Wrote:Do a forced update -

sudo git pull -f

It means that some of the new settings are not 'mergable' and you should either do a fresh pull or force the changes. It's mainly just a warning that things are going to change! Smile

Might be an idea to hold of for half hour though, I'm trying to add the Notification for Saving settings that G added earlier... Turning out to be bit harder than I first thought it would be.

ok Cool I will wait for your commits today. Big Grin

- DejaVu - 2011-07-22

Notifications added. Removed the skinned buttons, I thought they looked out of place.

All working great! Very impressive.

I suggest, anyone wanting to clone my Repo, backup your config.ini. Clone fresh and then copy the config.ini back. Anything new that needs saving to the config.ini will be updated - remember to CHMOD the folder first too. Smile

the new widget "site widgets" dont fit in place. its overlapping into the other section or off screen. also my upcoming episodes is taking forever to load.