Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- thezoggy - 2011-07-27

DejaVu Wrote:Just added a few more commits.
I'm finally adding Help sections and Tooltips to the Settings section. Big Grin

It was noticed a couple of pages back, we asked what the story was, but had no reply.

Is this available as of now then? Can this be used or is stuff still likely to change?

-EDIT--
Just seen your screenshots of the recent updates not added yet. Where are these branches being done?

stuff is still likely to change, still in dev. midget is on holiday at the moment and when he comes back he has quite a bit of stuff to look through before even the api stuff. so probably at least 1 month out. if you're interested maybe i'll start up a public branch so people can beta test it out before we push it out to the master branch.

- gugahoi - 2011-07-27

thezoggy Wrote:stuff is still likely to change, still in dev. midget is on holiday at the moment and when he comes back he has quite a bit of stuff to look through before even the api stuff. so probably at least 1 month out. if you're interested maybe i'll start up a public branch so people can beta test it out before we push it out to the master branch.

Definitely interested....!

DejaVu Wrote:Just added a few more commits.
I'm finally adding Help sections and Tooltips to the Settings section. Big Grin

It was noticed a couple of pages back, we asked what the story was, but had no reply.

Is this available as of now then? Can this be used or is stuff still likely to change?

-EDIT--
Just seen your screenshots of the recent updates not added yet. Where are these branches being done?

Hey Deja, sorry I've been away for so long but I won't have much time in the next couple of weeks to help with the development. Just wanted to point out a couple of things tho.

1) It seems to me your idea of reverse proxies is not exactly right from the description you put out in your branch. Reverse proxies will only make http://url.com: PORT/ become http://url.com/proxy but it will not enable things to be accessed over 3G networks or outside you're local network. To do that you need either a Static IP which I doubt you have one or a tool that tracks your home network external IP constantly as it changes such as DNS. I use DynDNS for that in case you want to look into.

2) I love the new tooltip you added and I'll probably add that to the official as well. It's exactly what I had in mind when creating the settings page.

Also, before I forget again, as I've been meaning to point out to you for a while now. The minimal-posters CSS icon is not right. It is intended for people who use Posters in the sickbeard coming episodes page and not banners. It might not be worth the fix tho as thezoggy said, there is an API in the making and we should probably focus on making the new Sickbeard related widgets with the use of the API. Furthermore, the footer is very buggy in quite a few pages and I'd urge you to have a look at it again. If you need help just give me shout out and I'll see what I can do when I have the time (as an example, if I click on a subnav link it loads within the widget frame, but the footer becomes several regular lines mixed. The effect continues if I go back to the widgets page).

- gugahoi - 2011-07-27

I also wanted to talk about the auto update feature. Have you researched it at all? I have looked into it and the way I found about it is not ideal. We would end up with an extra pre requirement as we would probably have to do UNZIPPING. How is your solution like?

- Robotica - 2011-07-27

@dejavu:

Since yesterday you added better comments in the widgets if settings aren't ok. But it is still messy since the actual error isn't repressed. Lots of errors and errortext is outside the widget. Only the transmission widget looks good.

I re-tested your MFP without having any program (couchpotato or others) running on my webserver but the webserver is connected to the internet. I think this is a very common way for people to check out MFP: after installation straight away to the webinterface.

See here what I mean.

Another thing you can see on the screenshot is that the "coming episode" widget isn't scaling like the other widgets.

Also the github RSS-feeds aren't working OOTB. And it is impossible to go to the .nfo (in the popup) when you select a NZBMatrix feed.

nzb.su search is not working - RaNaMaster - 2011-07-27

hey gugahoi im not sure what going on but nzb.su is no longer working for please take a look at the video thank you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9w2Qwcb-I

Setting up MFP in Arch - evanl81 - 2011-07-27

Hi,

I have an xbmclive setup at home, and mediafrontpage works great. But I've set up a media server at my parents' beach house that runs Arch. I've been able to get everything for the media server setup, but I'd like to add Mediafrontpage. I tried the original build, then just tried Deja Vu's. PHP and Apache both seem to be running fine. The only issue I have is displaying the actual widgets. Is this a curl issue? In Deja Vu's branch, the whole settings display works swimmingly. But once I click on the widgets section, the whole screen goes white. Any suggestions? Thanks.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-27

gugahoi Wrote:It seems to me your idea of reverse proxies is not exactly right from the description you put out in your branch.

I've changed it slightly now. I hope I have it right now. Smile

Also, before I forget again, as I've been meaning to point out to you for a while now. The minimal-posters CSS icon is not right. It is intended for people who use Posters in the sickbeard coming episodes page and not banners.

I will still change this for the time being as we do not know when these major updates for Sickbeard are going to take place.

Furthermore, the footer is very buggy in quite a few pages and I'd urge you to have a look at it again. If you need help just give me shout out and I'll see what I can do when I have the time (as an example, if I click on a subnav link it loads within the widget frame, but the footer becomes several regular lines mixed. The effect continues if I go back to the widgets page).

I cannot replicate this (or more to the point, do not understand what you mean).

Robotica Wrote:@dejavu:

Since yesterday you added better comments in the widgets if settings aren't ok. But it is still messy since the actual error isn't repressed. Lots of errors and errortext is outside the widget. Only the transmission widget looks good.

This should be addressed, as I thought I'd commented out all the COMM_ERROR's and the <pre>'s that get written into the widget's if it fails.

I re-tested your MFP without having any program (couchpotato or others) running on my webserver but the webserver is connected to the internet. I think this is a very common way for people to check out MFP: after installation straight away to the webinterface.

See here what I mean.

I do not get these errors after a fresh install. This is what mine looks like on a clean install with NO settings changed at all (with curl installed!) -
This leads me to believe it has something to do with the way your Apache is setup or because Curl is not installed. Install Curl and see if the problems disappear.

Another thing you can see on the screenshot is that the "coming episode" widget isn't scaling like the other widgets.
Scaling? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Stretching to the end? If you monitor is the size of the screenshot you posted - I'm very jealous. It resizes to 95% of the screen size - it does this to make sure unnecessary scrolling vanishes.

Also the github RSS-feeds aren't working OOTB. And it is impossible to go to the .nfo (in the popup) when you select a NZBMatrix feed.
This again, is because SSL is not setup in your Apache installation.

- DejaVu - 2011-07-28

MISSION!

But it's done now. Smile

- gugahoi - 2011-07-28

RaNaMaster Wrote:hey gugahoi im not sure what going on but nzb.su is no longer working for please take a look at the video thank you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9w2Qwcb-I

I just tried it and it's working fine on my end... The exact same file you used. Maybe have another look in your settings...? I also noticed you are not using the latest version... if it still does not work, try updating.

- Kewlj1313 - 2011-07-28

gugahoi Wrote:I just tried it and it's working fine on my end... The exact same file you used. Maybe have another look in your settings...? I also noticed you are not using the latest version... if it still does not work, try updating.

Hello gugahoi,

Strong work as usual with MFP. I was trying out the latest version and couldn't quite get it to only use 3 columns. Any recommendations?

Thank you,
Kewlj1313

- DejaVu - 2011-07-28

The easiest way to do this manually is to drag all the widgets to Column 3 from Column 4, so Column 4 is empty.

Then open widget.css and comment out -
Code:
#main #section4 {
    width: 25%;
}

Then adjust the other 3 'sections' to adjust to 100% (25%, 50%, 25%).

- Kewlj1313 - 2011-07-28

DejaVu Wrote:The easiest way to do this manually is to drag all the widgets to Column 3 from Column 4, so Column 4 is empty.

Then open widget.css and comment out -
Code:
#main #section4 {
    width: 25%;
}

Then adjust the other 3 'sections' to adjust to 100% (25%, 50%, 25%).

Works perfect thanks alot sir!

One other thing, I'm using MFP with xampp apache and I've noticed that creating the sbpcache folder in the MFP directory doesn't do anything. Wondered if anyone else got this working in windows? Of course the sbpcache folder has the proper permissions etc... I think Smile

Thank you,

Kewlj1313

- RaNaMaster - 2011-07-28

gugahoi Wrote:I just tried it and it's working fine on my end... The exact same file you used. Maybe have another look in your settings...? I also noticed you are not using the latest version... if it still does not work, try updating.

i updated it and its still doing the same thing

- kontax - 2011-07-28

Anyone use Subsonic with this? I get issues trying to play songs:

Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://xbmc/programs.php?p=SubSonic from frame with URL http://xbmc:4040/main.view?pathUtf8Hex=2f686f6d652f6a616d65732f44726f70626f782f4d757369632f4d617261736369612f4f464f202d20546865204d6f6f64204550&updateNowPlaying=true. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

Javascript security thing according to this:
http://javascript.about.com/od/reference/a/frame3.htm

Anyone got any idea's for a workaround?

- kontax - 2011-07-28

evanl81 Wrote:Hi,

I have an xbmclive setup at home, and mediafrontpage works great. But I've set up a media server at my parents' beach house that runs Arch. I've been able to get everything for the media server setup, but I'd like to add Mediafrontpage. I tried the original build, then just tried Deja Vu's. PHP and Apache both seem to be running fine. The only issue I have is displaying the actual widgets. Is this a curl issue? In Deja Vu's branch, the whole settings display works swimmingly. But once I click on the widgets section, the whole screen goes white. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I think I had this issue when I first set it up, but my memory's getting hazy..

Is extension=curl.so uncommented in /etc/php/php.ini?