Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- gugahoi - 2011-08-30

@mikie

Please have a look in my pull request... comment on it please.

https://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage/pull/16

- speed32219 - 2011-08-30

Archigos Wrote:The widgets are 'laid out'... I'm guessing there was either an error in your layout.php or (most likely) a mis-understanding... you have to have CouchPotato, SickBeard, etc. installed PRIOR to utilizing them in MFP.
As far as the first post being updated, that's just for the post itself, the main repo that it references is updated multiple times a day between the developers.

If you provide some more details of your setup (what operating system, etc.) we can attempt to help more... this address.

Ubuntu 10.10
MFP 8/19/2011 from the first page git.

I only see the sab widget as far as apps are concerened. (I removed or deleted the two others that I will not be using)

I can not find CP or SB or Subsonic widgets. Although when I used the search widget on top of the page, and selected TNBD and searched for the Movie Salt, I see CP popping up behind results of the search. If I select my newly created nsb.su account, nothing happens. SO I guess I need to look at search widget.

What is the NZB.SU Download code, is that the same as the NZB.SU ip &i ? (like a 5 digit number)

Also what is the Preferred Category on the Search Widget page? Is that for like 2040 whcich equals HD?

Hence, why I was looking for an explanation of the various options, cause I proably do not have them in right and that's why my searches are off.

How do I add a widget, or change them around. I like the layout of the first page post. Do I go into the PHP and set them up manually? Or is there a drag and drop tool?

- Archigos - 2011-08-30

I'm not a Linux guy so one of the others will have to help you, but from what I heard the default MFP on Ubuntu should look very similar to the screenshot (minus the specific Shows/Movies obviously) so no clue what's going on for you.

I don't dare offer help as I don't want to screw something up for you (or others randomly reading your post) but attaching a screenshot of how it appears for you might help Gugahoi, DejaVu, or whoever is able to help.

- speed32219 - 2011-08-30

I figured out how to move the windows around, very neat indeed, and now have it setup the way I like it. Some of the problems I've experienced are operational, just did not know how everything worked.

I did find out that if I start a download using sab, that the display would populate with the current progress of the download in the sab widget. I also noticed that the search window is for use with sab, and that I can (if I get it to work) have it search for a movie, game, Audio, to include ebooks. That is a nice touch, but I didn't see anything for TV shows or SB.

Also found that the main control of the system (Like playback) is the XBMC Library Widget as far as TV SHows, Movies, Music, etc.

Is there an error log? For some reason I can not get the search function to work, keeps reporting nothing found, although if I select TMDB it will find the movies I'm searhcing for. (Also I can see part of the CP ICON when data is being displayed on screen)

I have it setup the serach widget to use NZB.su with api key, and my 5 digit userid or &i (per the rss help screen from nzb.su) whcih I think is the NZB.SU Download code. Is that correct?

Still stumbling along and learning. Blush

Edit: Also, would be nice if when setting up the search widget, that the characters for the API string would display and not be protected. I can't tell if I might have fat findgered the long api key.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-08-30

gugahoi Wrote:@mikie

Please have a look in my pull request... comment on it please.

https://github.com/MediaFrontPage/mediafrontpage/pull/16

I looked at it and commented. Need some help though when you have a chance

Message Widget - RaNaMaster - 2011-08-30

hey guys still having problems with the Message Widget i did some testing and it got it to work if i remove the address for multiple xbmc soon as i add my bedroom/ living room the message widget stops working ones i remove them i can send the message to the default xbmc

Archigos Wrote:I remember trying 'full blown' was causing me many headaches though Sad I think it's something to do with part of the WebKit that Safari is based on (I was testing in Safari and Atomic, which is also based on WebKit)

I think I was going to focus on a 'current mobile version on steroids' (static layout, dynamic content) for now and attempt to slowly work it over to something that allows the widgets, etc. (customizable)

thank you anything is better then nothing

- Archigos - 2011-08-31

@speed32219

I did find out that if I start a download using sab, that the display would populate with the current progress of the download in the sab widget. I also noticed that the search window is for use with sab, and that I can (if I get it to work) have it search for a movie, game, Audio, to include ebooks. That is a nice touch, but I didn't see anything for TV shows or SB.
That's the way the Sab widget is supposed to work, essentially just showing you the current download list so that you can see it's working, pause a download or remove it without opening Sab itself. There is no searching directly from the Sab widget.

Also found that the main control of the system (Like playback) is the XBMC Library Widget as far as TV SHows, Movies, Music, etc.
This part of your post gave me ideas of some things I'm going to add into the new project before it's announced on Thursday. I'll essentially have a screenshot of each widget in its default state with a write up of what that widget is actually responsible for... should help you and other new users.

Is there an error log? For some reason I can not get the search function to work, keeps reporting nothing found, although if I select TMDB it will find the movies I'm searhcing for. (Also I can see part of the CP ICON when data is being displayed on screen)
The problem with the search widget not finding things (when not searching TMDB) isn't the fault of the widget itself, it's the index sites it uses (NZBMatrix and NZB.su). If the requested movie/show/etc. is indexed properly they will show with no problems.
The best way to test if the widget is functioning properly is to go to NZBMatrix or NZB.su and search on their site for a movie (example: Forrest Gump) and once you see the results from that site, go back to the search widget and search for the same thing. You will most likely see less results in the widget since that will provide the links specific to the category you've selected (by default or otherwise). If you get no results, try changing the category and repeating the search until you get something. At that point, you may want to switch the default category of the widget if you continue getting no results.
I've have to see a screenshot of the CP icon being displayed to get any ideas on how to correct that.

I have it setup the serach widget to use NZB.su with api key, and my 5 digit userid or &i (per the rss help screen from nzb.su) whcih I think is the NZB.SU Download code. Is that correct?
The two 'codes' you need for NZB.su are the &i code as mentioned and the API key. In the configuration copy/paste the full API key into the API field, but for the DL field you need the &i key followed by the API on the same line. I agree with the fields being protected on the config screen makes it harder to verify them, but it does make it safer, if you just copy/paste that solves the 'fat fingers' issue. (Prior to trying copy/paste I've screwed that up a few times and I have extremely thin fingers Laugh)
Code:
NZBSU_API = "00000000000000000000000000000000"
NZB_DL = "&i=XXXX&r=00000000000000000000000000000000"
In the above, replace the "X's" with your userid and the "0's" with your API key, the 00000000000000000000000000000000 should be IDENTICAL in both lines.
Still stumbling along and learning. Blush
You're doing great so far... let us know what other help you need and we'll try our best.

@RaNaMaster:
Not sure what's going on with you message widget (I have multiple XBMC machines throughout the house, but no need to send them messages so haven't tried). Mainly responding to you about the iPad interface... apparently when I had a hard drive die recently I lost my work on that so I'm starting over from scratch, but I hope to have something worth showing soon... I'll probably be looking for a few beta testers and send them the required files privately before they get added into any of the repos. I assume you'd be interested?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-08-31

Anyone got any feature requests? Anything I can do?

- jaaahaaa - 2011-08-31

_Mikie_ Wrote:Anyone got any feature requests? Anything I can do?

I'd really like support for squeezeserver (logitech squeezebox server). Anyone else using it?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-08-31

jaaahaaa Wrote:I'd really like support for squeezeserver (logitech squeezebox server). Anyone else using it?

What exactly would you like? From what I can gather from the wiki there is a web interface which you could link to form the nav bar. What would you like a widget to tell you?

- steve1977 - 2011-08-31

I haven't updated MFP for a while, but just did using Deja's repo. Unfortunately, it does not work anymore. Actually the only part, which still works is the "setting tab" with all others not showing any information. In settings-program-check, I can see that all programs show unavailable although I can directly access all of them outside MFP.

I believe that this is caused by a change, which led to reverse-proxies not being supported any longer. Can someone confirm and how can a "fix" look like?

Thanks in advance!

- speed32219 - 2011-09-01

Archigos, Success!!!!!!! Thank you, and for being so patient with me!

I would have never figured that the NZB_DL was &i=XXXX&r=00000000000000000000000000000000. It is very confusing with all the apps naming conventions, plus why have two entries for the nzb.su api and ID plus the same api. Just a lil confusing for a noob.

Yes, the SAB widget shows downloading for everything, Sickbeard, Headphones, as well as Couchpotato. It is the status of what's happening or running and using ALL your bandwidth, just in case surfing the net gets slow. Laugh

Actually, with the search box you can search just about everything, music, music videos, movies, tv, audio books, ebooks, etc. and never start CP or SB or HP session I believe. MFP just searches using the search provider you specified and when you find the file (quality, size, etc.) you want, then you just click on the lil nzb sysmbol next to the file you want and it will add it to SAB for processing. Although, I do have FF 3.6 download folder set to the NZB folder I have setup for SAB. I haven't tried to fail it by selecting a different folder, for the NZB, whcih might through off SAB's processing. Anyhow, I am very impressed and happy with this remote management tool.

Thanks again for all your help.

- Archigos - 2011-09-01

speed32219 Wrote:Archigos, Success!!!!!!! Thank you, and for being so patient with me!
No problems at all... glad to help out.

I would have never figured that the NZB_DL was &i=XXXX&r=00000000000000000000000000000000. It is very confusing with all the apps naming conventions, plus why have an entry for teh nzb.su api and and ID plus the same api. Just a lil confusing for a noob.
Yeah, the little question mark icon next to the field takes you to the index site, but doesn't mention what info you're looking for... I just remember from the old 'setup the config.php' days... (wow, makes it sound like so long ago). I'm sure one of us will think of a way to explain that better later. As far as why it needs both... that was done before I started my fork and started helping people on here, so no clue on an answer, gugahoi or Nick would probably have a better clue.

Yes, the SAB widget shows downloading for everything, Sickbeard, Headphones, as well as Couchpotato. It is the status of what's happening or running and using ALL your bandwidth, just in case surfing the net gets slow. Laugh
If you go to Sab's page you can limit the bandwidth used by clicking the little down arrow next to the speed used (to the right of the Sab logo) and typing in a 'max allowed speed' to help with your speed issues.

Actually, with the search box you can search just about for everything, music, music videos, movies, tv, audio books, ebooks, etc. and never start CP or SB or HP session I believe. MFP just searches using the search provider you specified and when you find the file (quality, size, etc.) you want, then you just click on the lil nzb sysmbol next to the file you want and it will add it to SAB for processing. Although, I do have FF 3.6 download folder set to the NZB folder I have setup for SAB. I haven't tried to fail it by selecting a different folder, for the NZB, whcih might through off SAB's processing. Anyhow, I am very impressed and happy with this remote management tool.
I knew that... I was probably a bit too drunk to have explained myself fully/correctly on that issue, but great explanation as I'm sure it will help others later. Using the search in spite of CP, SB, HP means that you have to remember to search for every tv show, movie, etc. on pretty much a daily basis or you'll get behind, so although it can be done, those 3 apps save a LOT of time by doing crap for you. (If you don't have your Firefox download directory setup as the Sab monitor (like I don't) clicking the little NZB icon will still send the file to Sab correctly from the search widget (even the NZB.su site if you have that setup properly, so I only deal with manually moving a *.nzb to the monitor folder if I download one directly from Matrix's site.)

Thanks again for all your help.
Again, no problems at all.

@Everyone:
Although it's only 1am here, I said I'd make that announcement on the 1st, so...
Since Github's Wiki Syntax kind of pissed me off a little, I created a special wiki on one of my servers that will hopefully become an area where MFP users can share all their tips/tricks for everyone's benefit. So far, I've written everything that's there, but DejaVu and Mikie have both created accounts to signify their want to help with the project.
Everyone is free to join in and contribute as it'll not only cover MFP, but each of the apps that MFP utilizes. I'm still trying to come up with ideas of ways to make it 'worthwhile' for those that contribute a lot, aside from knowing you're helping the community, but I will say, any accounts caught vandalizing the site will be banned without warning (case by case basis).
I wish I had more 'starter' info on the site before launch but since I'm not a Linux guy I didn't want to just copy/paste commands over and have them break in Syntax or something and screw someone's computer, so someone else will have to write guides for that (sorry).

Anyway, the direct link is here.

- jaaahaaa - 2011-09-01

_Mikie_ Wrote:What exactly would you like? From what I can gather from the wiki there is a web interface which you could link to form the nav bar. What would you like a widget to tell you?

Start/paus/stop/volume/power/next/prev buttons would be really neat. Then what song is playing. You don't need a squeezebox to check out the software. Install the server and then download squeezeplay (a software player) if you wanna check it out.

- steve1977 - 2011-09-01

_Mikie_ Wrote:Anyone got any feature requests? Anything I can do?

Besides reverse-proxies (likely) currently not working, I would have one request. It may be a bit more time-intense, but could MFP to a completely new level:

What I was thinking is to have a widget for subsonic instead of just the "ugly" web interface. This widget could show the "subsonic library" (similar to the XBMC library) and then have play/pause/stop for the songs and videos. Should be feasible given the subsonic API, but most likely quite coding intensive. But given I don't code myself, I actually don't know.

Thanks in advance for considering to push this!!!