Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- mdaddy - 2011-09-05

Thanks Snoopy! I've switched my curl option to reflect yours.

- jaaahaaa - 2011-09-05

_Mikie_ Wrote:So it seems the only api that exists doesn't support software players or at least I can't get them to work. Do you use squeezeplay or is support for hard ware players enough?

I pretty sure everything is the same on software and hardeware players even though I'm using an hardware player. Support for hardware would be enough for me but like I said I think it's the same. They have a great forum as well...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/

- steve1977 - 2011-09-05

some bugs / feature requests based on the latest version on deja's repo:

Bugs
1) scroll bar of "coming episodes" not functioning
2) program check does not work if reverse proxies are used (programs work though)
3) user name and PW are openly displayed in the "coming episodes" widget on mouse-over
4) "Site widgets" being displayed and cannot be removed in settings-widgets-activatewidgets".

Feature requests
1) fully-working "mobile version" including all widgets
2) squeezebox widget to play audio
3) subsonic widget for audio
4) subsonic widget to ply video

thanks so much in advance!

- jaaahaaa - 2011-09-05

Squeezebox have JSON API...!

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-09-06

mdaddy Wrote:Does anyone else experience the issue where your webserver and XBMC machine are on different machines, and if your XBMC machine is offline, then the MFP web interface just hangs?

I'm experiencing this.... My xbmc isn't always powered on, and when it's offline, the MFP website just hangs and hangs Sad

Sorry, I've never experienced this and this is the same as my setup. It just returns failed json lookups.

- mattressfish - 2011-09-07

_Mikie_ Wrote:The hard drive widget should be there in the 3rd column?

With the second one it seems to be an error in both the nav bar and sub nav bar saving methods. Once gugahoi has some time I'm sure he'll look into it.

yeah, there is nothing in the third column. Is there something I can do to disable/enable the hard drive widget? Maybe that will fix it...

- _Mikie_ - 2011-09-07

mattressfish Wrote:yeah, there is nothing in the third column. Is there something I can do to disable/enable the hard drive widget? Maybe that will fix it...

Your layout.php file is messed up. Redownload and make sure you cmod the whole mfp folder.

- Erwin - 2011-09-08

Adeiko Wrote:When i try to update in my xbmc live with git pull it puts this error:

Code:
Updating 94acb23..a23fdbf
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
settings.php
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting
Anyone know what i must change to update it? Do i need to reset settings.php ?

Is this solved ? I have the same problem.

- steve1977 - 2011-09-09

steve1977 Wrote:some bugs / feature requests based on the latest version on deja's repo:

Bugs
2) program check does not work if reverse proxies are used (programs work though)
3) user name and PW are openly displayed in the "coming episodes" widget on mouse-over
4) "Site widgets" being displayed and cannot be removed in settings-widgets-activatewidgets".
5) Movie and TV show library do not show alphabetically in widget

Feature requests

Added one more bug to above. Thanks for the hard work!

- DejaVu - 2011-09-09

Erwin Wrote:Is this solved ? I have the same problem.
This is because your local copy of settings.php has changed. You can force an update using git pull -f - this will refresh your MFP from the original Repo overwriting any local changes.

- steve1977 - 2011-09-11

steve1977 Wrote:Some bugs / feature requests based on the latest version on deja's repo:

Bugs
5) Movie and TV show library do not show alphabetically in widget
6) Harddisk settings doesn't work properly yet. I cannot delete the first entry in the list (will automatically re-appear after saving). Also (separate bug), when adding more than 10 disks, the "buttons" will go out of the screen view, so that I cannot save changes or include names/locations.

Feature requests

And added yet another bug to the list above. Thanks for your hard work!

- speed32219 - 2011-09-11

I have a strange occurrence after installing this on my headless server. I have installed apache2 and all dependencies and the latest MFP.

From my XP networked PC if I type ip.address/mediafrontpage it opens a window asking me where do I want to put the mediafrontpage file it is going to download. I have saved it to my XP machine and on the headless server, it works great.

But that is not what it is suppose to do. Have any suggestions of where I should look? I have it working here in my office on a test machine and it works a treat. I like the fact that I can search and download LQ movies just to watch and let CP take care of upgrading to the HQ version. This way I get to watch it on my PC and later on the Big screen with family and friends.

Edit: Fixed, Deleted and re-downloaded the master

- mattressfish - 2011-09-12

_Mikie_ Wrote:Your layout.php file is messed up. Redownload and make sure you cmod the whole mfp folder.

I deleted everything. Redownloaded. CHMOD'd everything 777. Still no hard drive widget. Any other ideas?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-09-12

mattressfish Wrote:I deleted everything. Redownloaded. CHMOD'd everything 777. Still no hard drive widget. Any other ideas?

You using the master repo? Or one of the alternatives?

- mattressfish - 2011-09-12

Master