Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- niietzshe - 2011-01-08

No. I have my ports forwarded to my htpc (say 8080) and externally if I go to myipaddress:8080 it'll work. But inside my network if I do the same it wont. However if I go to my htpc's IP inside the network it will.

- danz0l - 2011-01-08

How do i get the sickbeard coming episodes to show banners now they updated their code ?

I did a new git pull for the new Quick Fix to latest SickBeard Poster Widths.

and enabled

$customStyleSheet = "css/comingepisodes-minimal-banner.css";

But still no banners are showing. I get the episodes synopsis etc

- olafvs - 2011-01-08

I've got a small tip for those of you that want to use MFP over the internet. Using your external ip could cause problems when your external ip isn't static.

In my case I've a dynamic IP that my internet service provider changes ones in a while. This causes that I have to change all entries in MFP again and again. So I went to dyndns.org and created a free account. You can choose your own domain like xbmc.dyndns.org. You can use this domain in your router/modem. Most routers/modems have an option to set dyndns. This way your newly created domain is always linked to your current IP and there is no need to reconfigure everything when your IP changes.

Of course you stop using ip-adresses in your MFP config files and use the dyndns domain.

After setup you just browse to http://xbmc.dyndns.org (example) and you can see your own MFP.

Hope this helps some of you.

- artur72 - 2011-01-08

Sorry for my ENGLISH.

If you have the patience for me, I need help from the beginning, I hope you will still need someone.
I install XAMPP lite edition on Win 7 (default settings).
My IP adress is 192.168.1.212
My XBMC Network settings is:
Shere video and music libraries through UPNP ON
Allow control of XBMC via UPNP OFF
Allow control of XBMC via HTTP ON
- PORT 80
- USERNAME XBMC
- PASSWORD
Web interface Default
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC ON
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC ON

When my XBMC was started and when I typed my ip adress in Firefox I get
WEB intreface of XBMC. I have to say and XWMM is work.

Now when I start Apache server and I type my ip adress (192.168.1.212)
i got this.

http://img836.imageshack.us/i/mfpy.jpg/

what needs to change to config.php
For begining I am interested only basic functionalities of MFP and later advanced.

Thanks in advance.

- isamu.dragon - 2011-01-09

artur72 Wrote:Sorry for my ENGLISH.

If you have the patience for me, I need help from the beginning, I hope you will still need someone.
I install XAMPP lite edition on Win 7 (default settings).
My IP adress is 192.168.1.212
My XBMC Network settings is:
Shere video and music libraries through UPNP ON
Allow control of XBMC via UPNP OFF
Allow control of XBMC via HTTP ON
- PORT 80
- USERNAME XBMC
- PASSWORD
Web interface Default
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC ON
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC ON

When my XBMC was started and when I typed my ip adress in Firefox I get
WEB intreface of XBMC. I have to say and XWMM is work.

Now when I start Apache server and I type my ip adress (192.168.1.212)
i got this.

http://img836.imageshack.us/i/mfpy.jpg/

what needs to change to config.php
For begining I am interested only basic functionalities of MFP and later advanced.

Thanks in advance.

change XBMC to port 8080.
this will keep a conflict from happening and will allow both XBMC interface and XAMPP to work correctally

- artur72 - 2011-01-09

Thank you isamu.dragon,
I got basic information about my XBMC library.

- chrisvilla - 2011-01-09

olafvs Wrote:I've got a small tip for those of you that want to use MFP over the internet. Using your external ip could cause problems when your external ip isn't static.

In my case I've a dynamic IP that my internet service provider changes ones in a while. This causes that I have to change all entries in MFP again and again. So I went to dyndns.org and created a free account. You can choose your own domain like xbmc.dyndns.org. You can use this domain in your router/modem. Most routers/modems have an option to set dyndns. This way your newly created domain is always linked to your current IP and there is no need to reconfigure everything when your IP changes.

Of course you stop using ip-adresses in your MFP config files and use the dyndns domain.

After setup you just browse to http://xbmc.dyndns.org (example) and you can see your own MFP.

Hope this helps some of you.

Can you explain this in a little more depth please? I'm a little slow on the uptake with this one. I have the DYNdns url sorted, what then? Is just somewhere in the MFP settings I need to use the url or in sabnzbd/couchpotato/sickbeard also?

I have my MFP running through xampp, anything I need to change there?

- niietzshe - 2011-01-09

Still can't get this to work. In the config file, the original navlinks would link to simply "/couchpotato". How do I set it up so I can just use a relative link like this instead of relying on ports etc?

niietzshe Wrote:Did this and when I'm away from my network it works. Inside the network though it doesn't like it (which is what I thought might happen).
What other ways can I get this setup so that I can view the other interfaces both inside my network and out of it?

- jason28 - 2011-01-10

niietzshe Wrote:Still can't get this to work. In the config file, the original navlinks would link to simply "/couchpotato". How do I set it up so I can just use a relative link like this instead of relying on ports etc?

You can't, you have to use the external IP and ports. Thats the only way that its going to work.

- danz0l - 2011-01-10

Has anyone managed to update the coming episodes for sickbeards new banners and cosmetic changes ?

- DejaVu - 2011-01-11

danz0l Wrote:Has anyone managed to update the coming episodes for sickbeards new banners and cosmetic changes ?

I'm going to have a little fiddle with this in a minute.
I think midgetspy has settled on his new layout. It appears that it supports 2 now though - Banner & Poster so this would need a different style sheet depending on the setting in SB.

- danz0l - 2011-01-11

DejaVu77 Wrote:I'm going to have a little fiddle with this in a minute.
I think midgetspy has settled on his new layout. It appears that it supports 2 now though - Banner & Poster so this would need a different style sheet depending on the setting in SB.

thats great mate, was going to have a stab but my php is rusty so nice you're having a go Smile

Been busy updating my banners locally (never saved them before) and would love to finally see them in mediafrontpage Smile

- Gotcha007 - 2011-01-12

For the ones who are interrested I've made a small modification into the index.php file in order to have the normal view on the iPad instead of the mobile one.

I still need now to do some modifications to have the font larger and also assess why the sickbeard, couchpotato and sabnzbd buttons are not working.

Edit the index.php file and replace that below line
Code:
if( mobile_device_detect(true,true,true,true,true,true,true,false,false) ) {

by this one
Code:
if( mobile_device_detect(true,false,true,true,true,true,true,false,false) ) {

- Nefarious1 - 2011-01-12

I just set this up to monitor cp, sab, and sb in one place. I recently stopped using xbmc in favor of boxee because of the wife factor and ease of use to her. Turning off the xbmc stuff was fairly easy and exiting the widgets worked to clean everything up. Thanks!

- thezoggy - 2011-01-12

DejaVu77 Wrote:I'm going to have a little fiddle with this in a minute.

Heads up.. adding yet a 3rd view for coming ep.. this time no poster or banner but a list view: